Gubba's Grow Journal - 2012

Noticed a single Gnat like bug on her tonight!? Larger than a regular gnat tho and it likes to hide on the bottom side of the leaves...Any suggestions to get ahead of them if I'm going to have to fight this problem? Mosquito dunk and flypaper? Thanks...
That has worked for me on Gnats. Also a layer of diatomaceous earth on top for Gnats. Look under leaves for white flies Then spray.

DSC009369.JPG

DSC009355.JPG

New pictures! :bravo:

On the one image, should I clean all of the growth at the bottom off so the upper area of her can get more growth? Will these bottom branches produce nugs? We always pruned the bottom branches/leaves off when doing outside grows but the plants we 6-7 feet tall. Thanks again for any advice!

id leave them for now, depends how long you want to veg for, id only prune if you only wanted 1 bud on the main stem, if your wanting more than 1 bud and many bud sites then leave the branches for now, if the canopy starts to stop the light getting to them branches later on in the grow then they can be cut off and used as clones

I have to start flowering in 14 days in-order to ensure I will be harvested before my lease ends on the house she is growing in. I just didnt know if these little leaves were taking away from stronger growth above. Pretty sure this plant will not get too dense to block all the light I have pushed at her in the next 14 days. Thanks for the reply...:Namaste:

DSC009369.JPG

New pictures! :bravo:

On the one image, should I clean all of the growth at the bottom off so the upper area of her can get more growth? Will these bottom branches produce nugs? We always pruned the bottom branches/leaves off when doing outside grows but the plants we 6-7 feet tall. Thanks again for any advice!

Those itty-bitty bottom branches, in most cases, will not do much if anything at all. I trim them off when I get over a foot tall so as to redirect that wasted energy upward. I'd say you can trim up the the first big set of fan leaves there. Just the very bottom node for now should do it. Looks like you've got an okay second set going, let's see what it's gonna do shall we? If it doesn't get any heartier, we'll trim when we go to flower.

If you could, please count the total number of nodes and report that on your next post. Thank you.

I have 7 nodes total from the 1st set of true leaves. She is opening a new set of fan leaves basically every 2 days so I expect between 12 and 14 total nodes when I start flower. The bottom set of fan leaves (3 prong) has deformed growth in its secondary branch so I dont think this will produce anything which is why I inquired about pruning it off.

Additionally you can see in the 2nd picture above that my stalk is is curving and it is becoming more evident every day, any thoughts on why it is doing this? I have checked to make sure the roots are seated well in the soil, and I know I have good root growth as there are roots growing out the sides/bottom of this soft pot. Just never seen a plant do this before except when bending to the light source, but I have her sitting squarely under the main light in direct center. Should I be concerned and although her stalk seems strong, should I go ahead and use a prop to help support her now? Thanks...

I have 7 nodes total from the 1st set of true leaves. She is opening a new set of fan leaves basically every 2 days so I expect between 12 and 14 total nodes when I start flower. The bottom set of fan leaves (3 prong) has deformed growth in its secondary branch so I dont think this will produce anything which is why I inquired about pruning it off.

Additionally you can see in the 2nd picture above that my stalk is is curving and it is becoming more evident every day, any thoughts on why it is doing this? I have checked to make sure the roots are seated well in the soil, and I know I have good root growth as there are roots growing out the sides/bottom of this soft pot. Just never seen a plant do this before except when bending to the light source, but I have her sitting squarely under the main light in direct center. Should I be concerned and although her stalk seems strong, should I go ahead and use a prop to help support her now? Thanks...

Yeah, you can probably lose the bottom 2 nodes and actually get better growth at the tops.

The curving is nothing to worry about. It's probably, just turning toward the light of a window a bit. I think I can see some blue light reflecting from somewhere on the leaves, and it seems to be turning a bit in the same direction.

DSC009394.JPG

DSC009385.JPG

DSC009404.JPG

She is green and happy, but I am still concerned with the stalk. As you can see in the 1st picture it is quite obvious! I have no natural light entering the room, I have a Mini-Sunburst 400 in the middle surrounded by 3 200w CFLs in a triangle per se. I do not know why she is leaning like this but the roots seem solid and the stalk is not weak. Worried as she leans more and more everyday!

i lst with mine, basically what lst does is pulls the plant in the direction you want it to grow, basically i pulled the top of my plant right down and ran it out side ways, this forced all the growth at the nodes to start growing like crazy, what this then does is give you many main tops instead of just the one, but as your not doing that then you could tie the stem to stop it bending any further that it all ready is, i wouldnt say its a problem and as you have no light source at the sides then its not growing towards the light, it looks as if the plant isnt directly under the bulb and when it was younger the plant started leaning towards the light and now its got bigger and covers more area its started growing upwards again, its either that or the root growth is pushing the stem and tipping it over, it dont look like it will have any bad affects on the plant so i wouldnt worry to much, but you could tie something round it and stop it bending more, or turn the pot 180 deg and see if the plant starts getting straiter, or turn it and move it further away from the light so it turns the other way, i dont think you will have any problems if you just leave it, the stem looks thick and strong enough to be able to cope with any weight the buds will put on it so its nothing to worry about i dont think

Ok. noticed some yellow spots on lower secondary leaves. Upon looking closely with a small magnifying glass I can see small dark specks but too small to notice if they are moving. I do notice some what i can only describe is webbing (silverish reflective in the light) in the same area as these small specks. I am 90% sure this is a parasite...:yikes:

3 Full-Flavor cigarettes (filter removed).
3 cloves of garlic
2 small cayenne peppers or any other small, hot pepper available to you.

Finely chop all ingredients.
Combine all in a medium saucepan with 3 cups cold water.
Bring to a boil, reduce heal and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, and let completely cool to room temperature.
Strain first through a wire strainer, then through a coffee filter.
Add 2-3 drops of liquid dish soap to the mixture.(FOR WASHING BY HAND, NOT MACHINE)
Pour into spray bottle and soak tops, undersides, soil, and anything around the plants.
Set in FULL SUN to dry.
Repeat as needed, up to 3 to 4 times a week.

Back
Top Bottom