Guidance please

H20gro

Ok. I would like to describe my current setup, plants, etc. and get any and all advice/tips on how to improve, whether its lights, nutes, plants, phenos, whatever. It can be a little overwhelming trying to hone in on the “perfect” system, etc.

So here we go...all plants are in 5 gal dwc setups.
i have two spaces in which im growing. One is a 2x4 tent w 4-75 watt cfl. Am likely adding another four lights of same type in tent. Tent currently has two plants that i plan to use as mothers. The strains came from some flowers i bought in colorado and believe, but am u certain that one is sour joker and the other is gelato cake.

i also have a small stash of seeds i ordered from herbies. Some auto. Some fem photo.

other room is lit by a marshydro tsw 2000 and has four dwc plants. Two are auto, one is fem grandaddy purple and one is the suspected gelato cake but not sure.

using general hydroponics 3 part flora series. Used it before w decent results so stickin w what i know.

i plan to run these two autos and replace w clones from the tent. Grandaddy purple will likely be cloned and mother moved to tent for 3 moms in tent and marshydro room dedicated to flowering autos and clones.

i have more auto seeds and some grandaddypurple seeds.

my goal is to make certain i never run out of cannabis again, hopefully make some concentrate eventually (for personal use) and, in essence, harvest i. perpetuity.
Any advice on what you believe i can do better would be greatly appreciated.

two autos are in 4 th week. They r two in back of marshydro room

grandaddy purple is just in second week

the suspected gelato cake and sour joker were sprouted on march 8, 2021 so theyre on day...35?? Ish.

fire away w all your advice AND CRITICISMS. I wanna learn and i can take it so let me hear it. Please.

0787B8A0-5742-485F-82AE-9EBF713782B6.jpeg

8789C5B5-B7E3-4921-81D7-8CD1C15C7330.jpeg

9C562E2D-D16D-42A6-8AFE-278580E6E200.jpeg

012A97F4-E0E3-4814-B119-66DA0E15DE65.jpeg

25DC3C22-58F8-45A8-910A-BF06CF87F706.jpeg

223A08D5-7A24-46BF-8CA9-3ABCA1EA9078.jpeg

8E4D6379-FFEC-41AD-8BCF-2A42B4A96E26.png

694C00CD-776D-4740-A8D0-6BAC581434B2.jpeg

Hello, you should start a journal, members will chime in and give advice throughout the whole grow :hookah:

Happy growing, your plants look great!

Thanks. Good idea. I may do that once i figure out HOW. Appreciate the reply and the compliment!
At the bottom of my signature there is a link for new members. Within that there will be a link for a guide on how to start a journal as well as lots of other useful info. :thumb:

From what i see you might want to add a little more hydroton to those top hats, some i still see the holes not covered which will or could cause root rot from light leaking in. :high-five:

Hey H20,

Welcome aboard!! Your plants and setup looks good! Warm air rises, cool air sinks therefore the floor is the coldest point in any room, the ceiling is the warmest. Tile floors and concrete slabs retain the cold and can cause weird problems, elevate your buckets above the floor.
I live in a very warm, trpoical like climate so hopefully theyll stay cooler on floor. During winter i may raise them a bit but still dont think itll ever be too cold for em in these here parts

I live in a very warm, trpoical like climate so hopefully theyll stay cooler on floor. During winter i may raise them a bit but still dont think itll ever be too cold for em in these here parts
I have the same issue and in fact walked away from dwc because of all the problems caused by the water being too warm! You may need to invest in a chiller ($$$). Which is why i was like screw that I'm going back to coco....
Other than that practice cloning on some basil plants and then take some cuttings from the girls and you'll have more more meds for life than you could imagine

Also, because of the warm temps, you're should incorporate some enzyme products into your mix to help keep bad bacteria at bay. Trust me, it's April and as the temp rises root slime is on its way!

You can remove the light diffuser/globe on the screw in led bulbs. The actual led diodes and working parts are inside the hard plastic part, the opaque bulb part can be cut off. Its a big difference in light output.
Looks like you did just fine in your veg tent the way it is though.

Back
Top Bottom