Guide: How to fix your broken glass bong, even with very big holes or cracks

datfatboi

today i broke my 3rd bong in the last 3 months. i'm so clumsy, but i love glass!

so, long story short, my bong has a very big hole in the side, and i'm gonna teach you how to patch it up with polymorph

what is polymorph? polymorph is a non-toxic, biodegradable polyester with a low melting temperature of about 60°C (140°F)

you can get it in most stores online, it's dirt cheap on aliexpress at about 3 dollars for 100g. you only need around 30g tops to fix a bong.

what you do is, you get a cooking pan/ any metal container, you fill it with water and warm the water until it's almost boiling, then, put the fire on the lowest setting, drop the polymorph inside and wait around 3 minutes for it to melt.

when it melts it will have a 100% clear color, where as when it's dry it's not transparent.

now, take your polymorph out of the water, it's a bit hot, but try to man up and start to model the plastic while it's still how to get it the shape of the hole, then, apply it over the hole and make sure to streach the glue around so you won't have any leaks.

also make sure to clean your surface with at least 70% alcohol

i'll post a pic of the end results, it looks ugly, but it gets the trick done, also this plastic is non toxic, it's food grade so you don't have to worry.

the only downside of this fix other than that it looks bad, is that you'll have to be very careful when cleaning your bong since your glass weakened and cracked, so you can't just throw salt and alcohol and bang it as hard as you can, take it easy, even if it will take longer.

photo_2021-02-20_12-08-21.jpg

photo_2021-02-20_12-08-24.jpg

photo_2021-02-20_12-08-25.jpg

the bong is full of water in the pictures.

the plastic can be easily removed by: warming up it up along with the glass with a hairdrier, the plastic will become soft and come right off.

or fill up the bong with hot water 80-90c, and give it a few minutes, it should come right off!

It is pretty ugly... :rofl: I understand a favorite bong and all that, but I would probably replace that one. I have a favorite bong too that now has a crack down one side and eventually it is going to break a big piece out of there. It now leaks, so the bong has been retired until I could figure out a way to repair it. Your method would work, and probably is the best solution for a big chunk being missing, but then my pretty bong would be ugly...
I have been looking into that glue that hardens under uv light. I think the liquid will flow down into the crack and then harden up and seal that crack using the UV. It has become one of those projects on hold... someday, I am going to repair that thing!

It is pretty ugly... :rofl: I understand a favorite bong and all that, but I would probably replace that one. I have a favorite bong too that now has a crack down one side and eventually it is going to break a big piece out of there. It now leaks, so the bong has been retired until I could figure out a way to repair it. Your method would work, and probably is the best solution for a big chunk being missing, but then my pretty bong would be ugly...
I have been looking into that glue that hardens under uv light. I think the liquid will flow down into the crack and then harden up and seal that crack using the UV. It has become one of those projects on hold... someday, I am going to repair that thing!
well yeah personally i don't really care too much how my bong looks, i mostly care that it hold lots of water for a smooth hit.... and since it's the 3rd bong i break in the last month, i think i'm just gonna keep it like this, spending 40 euro ona bong every month isn't fun lol. i literally bought this one 3 weeks ago.

i was sleeping and i always keep a bottle of water and my bong on a table next to my bed, i turned my bedsheet around and it hit the glass bottle which hit the bong and broke it :( i'm clumsy by myself, and i'm even more clumsy when i'm high!

Hi .... When I seen this post and what you wrote, I was thinking along the same lines as you, and was wondering if that new Gel UV hardening nail polish would work for cracks and help keep it together? A clear coat would look prettier! lol ;)

today i broke my 3rd bong in the last 3 months. i'm so clumsy, but i love glass!

so, long story short, my bong has a very big hole in the side, and i'm gonna teach you how to patch it up with polymorph

what is polymorph? polymorph is a non-toxic, biodegradable polyester with a low melting temperature of about 60°C (140°F)

you can get it in most stores online, it's dirt cheap on aliexpress at about 3 dollars for 100g. you only need around 30g tops to fix a bong.

what you do is, you get a cooking pan/ any metal container, you fill it with water and warm the water until it's almost boiling, then, put the fire on the lowest setting, drop the polymorph inside and wait around 3 minutes for it to melt.

when it melts it will have a 100% clear color, where as when it's dry it's not transparent.

now, take your polymorph out of the water, it's a bit hot, but try to man up and start to model the plastic while it's still how to get it the shape of the hole, then, apply it over the hole and make sure to streach the glue around so you won't have any leaks.

also make sure to clean your surface with at least 70% alcohol

i'll post a pic of the end results, it looks ugly, but it gets the trick done, also this plastic is non toxic, it's food grade so you don't have to worry.

the only downside of this fix other than that it looks bad, is that you'll have to be very careful when cleaning your bong since your glass weakened and cracked, so you can't just throw salt and alcohol and bang it as hard as you can, take it easy, even if it will take longer.

photo_2021-02-20_12-08-21.jpg

photo_2021-02-20_12-08-24.jpg

photo_2021-02-20_12-08-25.jpg

the bong is full of water in the pictures.

the plastic can be easily removed by: warming up it up along with the glass with a hairdrier, the plastic will become soft and come right off.

or fill up the bong with hot water 80-90c, and give it a few minutes, it should come right off!

That poor bong I feel like I should help it but am powerless to do so. I feel your pain, I took out my last bong with a tap on the bottom of it on top of a non powered crockpot rim. Kind of a coated ceramic. That stuff makes bongs explode! Many others have suffered much worse fates that that one though.

Back
Top Bottom