Guide to nutrients

it's not mine

A recent Amazon search provided me with so many different nutrient companies and types of nutrients that I'm left overwhelmed. Does this forum have a section where different brands and types of nutrients are discussed? I did some searching here but didn't find anything that's definitive.

New nutrient companies pop up almost weekly it can be difficult to keep track for sure.

There are a few brands that have been run many times over on here that would all be good places to start. General hydroponics, advanced nutrients, Dyna-Gro, Remo, Canna, megacrop and probably a bunch more.

Different styles of growing require different nutrients so you'll need to establish that before you buy anything.

I am liking Megacrop. Simple one nutrient for the entire grow. I like to use Fox Farms Ocean Forest and then Megacrop. I just had my first plant harvest with that setup and got nearly 8oz from one Blue Dream'matic auto. I grew another with Megacrop in ProMixHP and had issues towards the end, but that plant will likely produce a similar amount. It's in the dry tent now. I messed around with other things during this grow, but I think the Megacrop by itself is the way to go.

If you are interested, you can read my journal in my sig.

I wound up getting the starter kit from Nector For The Gods. Free but had to pay shipping. The case contains Gaia, Medusa, Zeus, Demeter’s, Athena’s and Herculean Harvest, as well as an 8-ounce bottle of Khaos and Olympus up. I'll be quite busy this season!

When you get tired of measuring out 8 bottles of nutes just to feed your girl's switch to MegaCrop lol. They offer a free sample bag too. Knocked out 20+ oz off my free sample bag.

I wound up getting the starter kit from Nector For The Gods. Free but had to pay shipping. The case contains Gaia, Medusa, Zeus, Demeter’s, Athena’s and Herculean Harvest, as well as an 8-ounce bottle of Khaos and Olympus up. I'll be quite busy this season!
It should work well for you.
I used it for two grows before I went to LOS No-till and got 20 oz on first grow and I think it was 17.5 oz on second grow, from just two plants.

Considering the fact when you walk into any convenient store. There are over 20 brands of water. WATER!

Not everyone is ever going to like or need the same thing. So there are plenty of options. The fact that everyone wants the best makes advertising easy. Say its better and people will believe it. Not all but some. In the end. Most are all the same thing. Just like water being water.

In most case's with nutrients less is better.

Got a few questions?
I have received my seeds from Pacific Coast Seed Company.

I do have a small starter grow light coming from Amazon to Start.

I do have my Grow tent and light 2000 led from best in our sponsors, fans yes

I do have Starter Pods to get the seeds started after they pop out of the seed case.

I do need to buy Grow bags for say 10 plants.

Pro Mix will be my choice to grow in which i have bought a bail with peralite in it.

Now what I need advice on is "Nutrients"

It was described to me in a past post on planting the seed with a dab of "worm casings" in deep enough so the plant root will grow down to it.

I was considering using a Fertilizer called "Chicken Soup" "Dr. JimZ" but if I don't get an answer from them on a requested email, I will look elsewhere.

I am not saying I am going to use this on Babies, No I m not. But as they develop.
Any suggestions on Nutrients?

Got a few questions?
I have received my seeds from Pacific Coast Seed Company.

I do have my Grow tent and light 2000 led from best in our sponsors, fans yes

I do have Starter Pods to get the seeds started after they pop out of the seed case.

I do need to buy Grow bags for say 10 plants.

Pro Mix will be my choice to grow in which i have bought a bail with peralite in it.

Now what I need advice on is "Nutrients"

It was described to me in a past post on planting the seed with a dab of "worm casings" in deep enough so the plant root will grow down to it.

I was considering using a Fertilizer called "Chicken Soup" "Dr. JimZ" but if I don't get an answer from them on a requested email, I will look elsewhere.

I am not saying I am going to use this on Babies, No I m not. But as they develop.
Any suggestions on Nutrients?
Hey @Slipdog01 hope you are well my friend.
Try posting questions here.

As far as Nutrients go hands down easiest for you would be
@GeoFlora Nutrients terrific Nutrients.
Easy to use and has everything your ladies need.

Stay safe
Bill

Edit : btw that's an old post 2020.

Back
Top Bottom