Gunja's 600W Soil Grow Afghan x Mazar

hey guys, some leaves are curling down a little and im pretty sure its not due to overwatering. Not too worried just want to get the lil girl (heres hoping) in the best condition I can. Was wondering if my ph is a little high? 6.7ish. read somewhere that i want to get it to roughly 6.2? if so i was wondering if there are any household items i can use to adjust this. Tried searching PH on this site but it keeps getting ommited, does anyone know how to get around this?? Also will be taking a cutting today for sexing and maybe grow a mini cola lol. Suppose that depends on if the cutting takes I have never cloned before but I have done a little reading and got some rooting hormone, humidity dome and Oasis cubes or would I just be better off using Jiffy cups? Tried my first FIM last night will update pics when it starts to develop, hope I didnt miss and just top harharhar. Gotta go buy a magnifing glass too, my camera struggles with the closeups!!

DAY 25

Seeds have all sprouted havent got leaves up yet but their heads have popped. Had a crack at some LST today and took a cutting for sexing, I used sharp scisors to scrape back some of the outside layer and cut at 45 degree angle before applying clonex. I'll be super stoked if it roots as it's my first attempt!! Heres some pics...

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_03011.jpg

IMG_03021.jpg

IMG_03031.jpg

Plastic bag in last pic was to diffuse light, cutting is also under the shade of the big pot. Will this be enough light for the lil fulla? Going to start ramping up the fish emulsion next feeding then back to the growzilla at half strength when big girl handles that. Very happy with my progress so far and have learnt a lot just from this site!

Day 28

Well trucking along nicely. Got a moisture meter heard theyre a bit of a joke but it seems to work alright. Haven't watered for 8 days now might give her a feed tonight with full strength fish emulsion. (think ive been lacking a bit on the nutes she hasn't had any for almost 2 weeks now)
IMG_03081.jpg

Haha got a C02 bubbler in there dont really know if its going to do anything but thought Id make one anyways.
IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_03131.jpg

seedlings one week after germination...
IMG_0312.jpg

Think the clones feet were getting super cold so I got a heat mat to try and heat her up a bit. Was looking real sad and droopy so I staked it up and trimmed some more leaves off. Pretty doubtful if its going to survive...
IMG_0310.jpg

hmmm maybe a bit of a learning curve for me. Left the vents closed on the humidity bin overnight with the heat mat going think the poor girl got a bit cooked. oh well, ill leave it for a couple of days and see what happens and maybe take a few more cuttings and have another crack with oasis cubes instead...

hmmm maybe a bit of a learning curve for me. Left the vents closed on the humidity bin overnight with the heat mat going think the poor girl got a bit cooked. oh well, ill leave it for a couple of days and see what happens and maybe take a few more cuttings and have another crack with oasis cubes instead...

yea that clone was totally f(*&^%d!! will not be using the jiffy cups again for cloning the stem was basically mush. Had another go with oasis cubes this time see how that goes..

DAY 35 VEG

Think I now hate jiffy cups ive had nothing but problems anyone else had any experience with them?

Starting to get all the lower lats up to canopy (9 so far)
rsz_img_0324.jpg

rsz_img_0339.jpg

Soz about the poor pics!! any1 know a good digital for closeups?

Some LST action...
rsz_img_0326.jpg

Some mutated growth on the right hand side where I attempted a FIM...
IMG_0320.jpg

Clone 9 days after cutting (started in an Oasis cube...
rsz_1rsz_img_0340.jpg

seedlings are growing really slow (started in jiffys)...
IMG_03431.jpg

Poor quality photo from underneath, been 5 weeks still no preflowers..
rsz_img_0337.jpg

After staring intently for approx half an hour I think I have found ONE female preflower a node beneath the growing tip. There was 2 TINY white hairs growing in there. woop woop just made my day.

On the 3 seedlings I think they all have stem rot, they all look split with green showing. Grrr Jiffy's and probably my overwatering!! Will be using seed raising potting mix from now on.

DAY 49 VEG

As I can't clone to save my life I decided to have a go at DWC.
IMG_0375.jpg

this is a 4gal tub I used 2x 12" bubble curtains over the airstones as they put out more bubbles. Water heater doesn't arrive for a couple of days so ive just got the heat pad under it...
IMG_0374.jpg

Couldn't find any neoprene for the inserts so i just used polystyrene.

IMG_0379.jpg

As I don't have any liquid rooting hormone theres just plain water sitting in the tub and the tip has been dipped in clonex. Will this be alright? Also was wondering I have the tip sitting just out of the water with the bubbles splashing on it, will this be ok?

IMG_03771.jpg

Pic of the gal 7weeks veg. Maybe flip the lights in the next week or so?? Im not really sure since it's been trained a lot, its a lot wider than it is tall. I have plenty of vertical room should i just keep veging her or will she out grow the pots? currently have roughly 7gallons of soil. Any insight would be appriceated. thanx guys...

Re: smokey robinson

hey man wats up nah honstly i dont kno much aye to be st8 ae they had good rooting i think aye like when i got them they were in like cotton blocks???? and they're in soil now as they have been for they past 3 weeks yeah ive stoped using growzilla so much maybe one every 2 weeks and since ive stoped the brownies have semi greened so there is hope and hate to be blunt but wats LSTing??? would like to kno so i can try .....
umm yeah man i will upload some pics next time bcoz havent had the time but i will and you can take a geeze its nothing profesional aye seriously lol but you'll see but i think ive done a good job
well gtg get back at me about that LSTing thing so i can have a go

sweet cuhz
live free and smoke herbs

and shit just looking at your pics and daym she look fine az aye mate lol like mine is about 5 weeks and they look nothing like that

jelous much

Thanks for the kind words guys.

DAY 56 VEG

Well not much to update. Changed out the MH to HPS last night and im sure vertical growth was almost an inch on one of the growing tips!! Just got to get my tent light tight then ill be flipping to 12/12. Id say within two days. (going to start with a 24hr dark period) Canopy has 11 primary bud sites so im quite excited. Really had no expectations for this grow but if i get anything over an oz ill be really stoked. Watered with a 3/4 dose of flairform flowering solution last night as well. Lucious white roots are now pouring out the bottom of the bucket I double potted into as well...

Heres a couple of pics...

IMG_0392.jpg

Bit of yellowing there. don't really know whats going on seems to be on some of the growth from a couple of weeks ago, im thinking i pushed the nutes a bit hard back then?? Also some of the new growth at the tips of the leaves is looking quite strange?? Is this just because its growing fast and the leaves will straighten out with time or possibly my low humidity (35%) and cool night temps (50f) or are these more symptoms of over fert?? any insight would be great...

IMG_0394.jpg

Pic of the girl soaking up those lumens under her new HPS. Think she loves it...

Well. Have posted these in the help forum, thought i may as well post my folly in here too. Seems i got a bit hasty with the bloom nutes and overdosed her.

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

Majority of new growth is like this.

Have given her a good flushing and a dose of epsom salts for good measure.
Such a dumb mistake! will slowly crank up bloom nutes in the future. Least I learnt something...

Will this effect my final yield??

:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom