Gunja's 600W Soil Grow Afghan x Mazar

DAY 13 FLOWER

Hey guys! Have put an oil heater in growtent to combat low lights off temps. Works a treat! Currently day temps between 71-75 and night temps 64.

Still having problems with new growth coming in mutated and curled.

Think my ph may still be out of wack.

Between my PH pen, Litmus paper and Bromothymol solution i think i finally have my waterings to PH 6.3-6.5

I have been watering when pot looks dry with 500mls of tepid water every day.

In regard to testing runoff i have to use about 1500mls to produce any runoff and this still takes over 15mins to drip out the bottom (double potted and is quite tall, 7gals soil) will this be ok?

Did I do bad by having a layer of pumice in the bottom of the pot when i double potted???

if this will be alright ill do a decent runoff test next water...

Heres some pics...

2 weeks ago...
IMG_0394.jpg

now...
IMG_0401.jpg

baby buds...
IMG_04032.jpg

IMG_04042.jpg

IMG_04051.jpg

some general shots...
IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_04021.jpg

some of the mutated growth grrr....
IMG_04081.jpg

IMG_04062.jpg

IMG_04073.jpg

any comments, criticisms, insight or advice totally welcome, hope you enjoy my grow so far...

:bong:

DAY 23 FLOWER

Hey All! New watering schedule seems to be going well. Currently watering 2.25 litres with PH 6.2-6.4 water every 2nd day at lights on.

After some thought i decided to contine this regieme instead of just flushing again to slowly bring ph back into line, with the intention of causing less stress. Nuting once a week. Next feed will be at 3/4 strength...

NEW GROWTH COMING BACK IN ALMOST NORMAL :ganjamon:

Thanx to all that helped in diagnosing!

LST seems to have paid off, I have 11 colas coming in at the canopy. Looking back I probably should have trimmed more of the lower stuff as im worried the remaining buds aren't going to fill out properly..
Am hoping the 7gal root system should be able to cope tho...

Now for some pics...

IMG_04582.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_04572.jpg

-----QUICK UPDATE-----

This had me stumped. Ive blown 3 timers in 2 grows. Thought I was just getting bung timers!! Wasn't until I read medical marijuanas post regarding the high inductive load that a light draws that I understood why they kept blowing. Sooo I got a relay capable of switching the load required and voila! no more blown timers. Heres a pic if you wanna see

IMG_0424.jpg

Output from timer is used to energise the coil and switch the light on...

DAY 28 FLOWER Roughly halfway woop. Hope she goes all the way!

Big gurl got hit with just under full strength bloom nutes for first time last nite and seems to be responding well so far.

Have upped the feeding to 1/2L pH'd water then wait 15 mins and 2.5L nutes to try avoid root burn. With this regieme I get roughly 15% runoff.

Hmmm as this is my 1st decent grow / use of LST thinking maybe I should have culled a couple of the lower branches as i don't know if the 11 colas will fill out. Guess Ill have to wait and see :scratchinghead:

Time for some pics...

top15.jpg

overview21.jpg

overview11.jpg

underbud.jpg

under21.jpg

under11.jpg

under6.jpg

cola6.jpg

bud315.jpg

bud122.jpg

YUMMY!!
yummy2.JPG

LOL my girlfriend has taken it upon herself to nurse this seedling back to health, sort of like a bird with a broken wing :p Was germed about 6 weeks ago and been sitting by the fishtank.

cupboard.jpg

A shot of her growroom :cool:

kitchen.jpg

Have a nice day guys and gals!

hello all, The seed bank was right on the money saying "mazar x afghan has an unobtrusive scent" Walking into grow room there is a slight hint of mj but not much. Well had my morning checkup on my big gal (lol who doesn't do this!!) put my sniffer right up to a bud and took a good wiff. Wow! VERY sweet smelling almost like some tropical fruit drizzled in sugar. Can't wait for the cure and a sample!!!

On a side note I lowered the light a couple of days ago. Now im right on the limit with temps peaking at 85f at the canopy. She seems to be responding really well tho with no burning.

Going to do some modificatons this weekend with the aid of some ducting to try lower the carbon filter right above the light and exhaust into the roof rather than just into the bedroom, will take some pics...

DAY 35 FLOWER

Hey all! Haha kinda feel like im talking to myself here. Will have to make next journal more kick ass so i get some comments!!

Did some mods in the weekend got a little paranoid about light leaks so i blacked over the curtains with thick plastic.

My house has a ventilation system so i got to work on this too.

Origional vent going to room....
ventorig.jpg

Vent reversed and hooked upto exhaust fan to vent into ceiling...
newvent.jpg

Now for some budshots!!
over.jpg

over2.jpg

budbud2.jpg

cola7.jpg

lowbud1.jpg

topbud.jpg

bud123.jpg

bud413.jpg

Its a shame about the mutated growth I had during the start of flowering has made plant quite ugly.

Shot of my circ fan with co2 bubblers attached and my homemade humidifier...
circ.jpg

hello all, The seed bank was right on the money saying "mazar x afghan has an unobtrusive scent" Walking into grow room there is a slight hint of mj but not much. Well had my morning checkup on my big gal (lol who doesn't do this!!) put my sniffer right up to a bud and took a good wiff. Wow! VERY sweet smelling almost like some tropical fruit drizzled in sugar. Can't wait for the cure and a sample!!!

I was trying to figure out what mine smelled like and you pretty much nailed it lol. That sucks about the mutated growth, but it looks like she is doing good. Those buds look tasty + reps

DAY 43 FLOWER

RIP hermie

Definetly prem but new growth was becoming more mutated by the day and seeds were developing. Damn pollen fairy. Must of been a couple of male flowers that I missed.

Anyways heres some pics...

IMG_05113.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_05171.jpg

IMG_05192.jpg

IMG_05201.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_05271.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

Finished product is now hanging in darkness in my growtent with heater the on and the circ fan running. roughly 65f, 55% RH

Well all in all im happy with what I learnt along the road. Thanks to all that gave me advice along the way.

The smoke might not be of the highest quality but ill let you guys know how that goes and the dry weight.

Stay tuned for my next coco grow with femed seeds x 10!!!

:peace: :smokin:

made some bubble hash yesterday from the trimmings and gave that a blast. Wow! never had proper hash before and it was a treat!! The high sort of crept up on me and before i knew it i was locked on the couch in relax heaven, the tv remote was only an arms length away but may as well not have existed as it was well out of my grasp. Don't think id want to be in public lol.

Anyways buds are now sitting in newspaper with a fan blowing, hopefully in another week ill know the dry weight. Im guessing roughly an oz.

Hello all, last update for this journal!

IMG_0529.jpg

Going to keep buds in glass jar for next few weeks for the flavour to mature.

Dry weight came in at 52 grams. A little more than i was expecting so that was an added bonus. I think this weight will drop another couple of grams in the end.

Any mods out there could i get this moved to completed journals? cheers.

Thanks to all who helped along the way and be sure to check out my new journal!!!

Re: Gunja's 600W Soil Grow Afghan x Mazar-Completed

Way to hang in there. I love the uniformity from the LSTing. Canopy looked great!!!
Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom