Guy Does BC Bud Depot Purps & CBDurban

I personally have not had a problem with root rot from that Blue Dream. The Breeder did when he ran a large lot of them. Conditions were the main problem. It was summer time and temps were not optimal. Any info on avoiding root rot should give you the info needed to make it through fine. I just wanted you to know so it can be addressed from the get go. That Blue Dream is from HSO seeds for more exact info.

I personally have not had a problem with root rot from that Blue Dream. The Breeder did when he ran a large lot of them. Conditions were the main problem. It was summer time and temps were not optimal. Any info on avoiding root rot should give you the info needed to make it through fine. I just wanted you to know so it can be addressed from the get go. That Blue Dream is from HSO seeds for more exact info.
Here here for sending me killer genetics buddy. I thought that my yet to be grown Blueberry Headband by Humboldt Seed organization were the only seeds from them in the fridge.

Hey do you guys think it's a good idea, or even worth it for that matter to add a light mover to the ceiling above my plants? I have one that is just sitting in storage. Ultimately, I might consider mounting my 1000 watt HPS underneath it just to rotate it and maybe get a bit better coverage? Thoughts?

It's an SRV 4, by Solar Revolution. Good quality piece out of California.

If you have it....use it. I am trying to get mine up and running......but I keep finding I need different parts to make it work the way I want it to work. Its a pain in the arse doing it in a tent. I am waiting on one part and I will have that Spydrx on a mover in the 10'x10'

If you have it....use it. I am trying to get mine up and running......but I keep finding I need different parts to make it work the way I want it to work. Its a pain in the arse doing it in a tent. I am waiting on one part and I will have that Spydrx on a mover in the 10'x10'
My biggest issue is I'd like it on the 1000, but the cooltube is restrictive. Maybe it has a 90° option. I'll have to figure it out, just REALLY started looking at it lol.

The only light mover I have used is a inline one. Nothing but good things to say about them. Not only does it spread the light out it helps with hot spots and plant rotaion. With your set up where you can rotate the plants that light mover would do the same thing.
You may check with the maker of the light mover for options. Good chance someone has run into that problem before.

I also have changed my opinion on the Blueberry Headband. They ended up with Cal/Mag problems when I grew them. Any issues with strength were probably my fault. Blueberry Headband is still one of the best tasting weeds I have smoked. Mine had 2 different flavors and they were both great. Now more than ever I realize that not all strain need to be really strong.

The only light mover I have used is a inline one. Nothing but good things to say about them. Not only does it spread the light out it helps with hot spots and plant rotaion. With your set up where you can rotate the plants that light mover would do the same thing.
You may check with the maker of the light mover for options. Good chance someone has run into that problem before.

I also have changed my opinion on the Blueberry Headband. They ended up with Cal/Mag problems when I grew them. Any issues with strength were probably my fault. Blueberry Headband is still one of the best tasting weeds I have smoked. Mine had 2 different flavors and they were both great. Now more than ever I realize that not all strain need to be really strong.
Me too brother, everyone I've spoken to has said the same thing regarding light movers. This one actually came as part of my BML package when I found it online, just thought it was kind of useless for it. I'm gonna do a bit of reading on their website. See what I can find. I have to ensure I've left enough flexible tubing for the rotation too, on my cooltube. What do you consider the ideal height for my 1000 HPS in a cooltube above my girls? They're presently 24-28" above.

Hey before I forget again.....The Brothers Grimm Genius, what did you say were the issues you ran into? Was it Calcium related in flower.....Ive just forgotten?

I cant wait to try so many strains. But thanks to both you and Stank, Ive found some beauties that I've loved growing.

By far, the largest cola I ever grew was a Blueberry freebie from Canuk seeds. I tried to save it as long as I could but eventually broke down lol. It was delicious, you're SO right!

Which brings me to RES change day. I have to admit, it breaks my heart to throw away numbers like this every 7- 8 days to keep myself on schedule. The bluelab is obviously my res numbers, the small thermometer above and the inkbird probe is hanging just inside the wall. Super happy with these numbers.
This probe is at canopy height....also thrilled with these numbers.
This is the result of paying attention......couldn't be happier for week 5!

That must be one you gave up on LOL. It must have missed the memo of when to pop.

About the light. I am running it at around 18 to 24 inches with the cool tube. My temps are low and the canopy is cool so I keep it close. In the big tent I raise it to spread the light more not because of heat issues. The closer the better if you can get away with it. Are you going to be able to raise and lower it? Raising and lowering works fine with the tubes. I don't know how raising, lowering, and turning will work. Both moving and cooling let you keep the light closer to the canopy. If you can't find a way to do both maybe just moving will work. Probably not come summer time when you need to move hot air out of the grow room.

My genius had a few issues I think. Mostly it just ran out of food. They fed faster than I planned and are not very forgiving like some strains. With hydro you may not even notice it. Cal/Mag was part of the problem though I am not positive what it was that they wanted. They came around with a good feeding and some cal/mag. I don't know if you will have any problems with it. I mostly mentioned it because it isn't one of those easy to grow drop a seed strains. Everything hit me right around the end of stretch.

That must be one you gave up on LOL. It must have missed the memo of when to pop.

About the light. I am running it at around 18 to 24 inches with the cool tube. My temps are low and the canopy is cool so I keep it close. In the big tent I raise it to spread the light more not because of heat issues. The closer the better if you can get away with it. Are you going to be able to raise and lower it? Raising and lowering works fine with the tubes. I don't know how raising, lowering, and turning will work. Both moving and cooling let you keep the light closer to the canopy. If you can't find a way to do both maybe just moving will work. Probably not come summer time when you need to move hot air out of the grow room.

My genius had a few issues I think. Mostly it just ran out of food. They fed faster than I planned and are not very forgiving like some strains. With hydro you may not even notice it. Cal/Mag was part of the problem though I am not positive what it was that they wanted. They came around with a good feeding and some cal/mag. I don't know if you will have any problems with it. I mostly mentioned it because it isn't one of those easy to grow drop a seed strains. Everything hit me right around the end of stretch.
Ahhh, the will to live lol. I'm thinking it's the TTB I emptied back into the soil pail. Watch, shell be a beast lol.
I'm thinning the girls a bit this weekend with the Blue Dream and maybe a Critical leaving to their new home. I'll need to flower my tent shortly after that to help determine sex on my ATFs and TTBs. Our newcomer better get on her horse, lol. Have to find temporary homes in veg for everyone else.
Appreciate the advice @Jackalope . I knew that youd mentioned the Genius before, just slipped my mind. If shes a hungry girl, I've got just the Scrog for her lol. Hope she appreciates high EC. My DaPurps, shes very calcium hungry. I definitely dodged a bullet by starting foliar calcium on her. Still a bit of cal deficiency showing, but if you saw her at this point last grow, youd ge stoked like I am. Plus, she still has that wicked "Grape" aroma.

The reason I asked about the HPS, was because I was in the grow shop and he insisted that i should lift my light. All the time I'm thinking " fuck off", lmao. "Wish we had more store choices for my nutrients" lol. I was told on good authority (come to think, have not seen much of @KCCO 77) that 24" is a great height for my 4x4 scrog net. I use a cooltube too, I've always been afraid of burning my girls. I learnt my lesson by bleaching my CBDurban first time around with the BML. I'm thinking I'm safe where I am too, but interestingly, I'll also check my canopy temperature tomorrow just to see.
Nothing super new tonight, res change in flower yesterday. Numbers have already started to stabilize (hence the reason that the manufacturers recommend 15 minutes between adding A +B of my House and Garden Aqua flakes). I add some PH - to my res in advance of any nutrition though. Same day I fill my res's up.

Goodnight all......see you tomorrow!

I ran my 1000 watt HPS at 24" without a aircooled fixture. I have never seen any bleaching from a HPS, so too close is not a problem there. Heat is your only issue. That and how wide the light spreads. With aircooled fixtures I have had my lights as close as 18" without problems.

Not that you shouldn't listen to the guy in the store. He is a paid profesional ya know.

I ran my 1000 watt HPS at 24" without a aircooled fixture. I have never seen any bleaching from a HPS, so too close is not a problem there. Heat is your only issue. That and how wide the light spreads. With aircooled fixtures I have had my lights as close as 18" without problems.

Not that you shouldn't listen to the guy in the store. He is a paid profesional ya know.
Lmao.....yeah!

I use just a normal bat wings style reflector with my 6" cooltube. I need that 4x4 coverage, but I thought 24" was kinda normal. Maybe I'll try lowering it once I get a temp on my leaves tonight. If I'm taking a temperature reading actually on my canopy leaves, what should I be reading maximum?

Ahhh, the will to live lol. I'm thinking it's the TTB I emptied back into the soil pail. Watch, shell be a beast lol.
I'm thinning the girls a bit this weekend with the Blue Dream and maybe a Critical leaving to their new home. I'll need to flower my tent shortly after that to help determine sex on my ATFs and TTBs. Our newcomer better get on her horse, lol. Have to find temporary homes in veg for everyone else.
Appreciate the advice @Jackalope . I knew that youd mentioned the Genius before, just slipped my mind. If shes a hungry girl, I've got just the Scrog for her lol. Hope she appreciates high EC. My DaPurps, shes very calcium hungry. I definitely dodged a bullet by starting foliar calcium on her. Still a bit of cal deficiency showing, but if you saw her at this point last grow, youd ge stoked like I am. Plus, she still has that wicked "Grape" aroma.

The reason I asked about the HPS, was because I was in the grow shop and he insisted that i should lift my light. All the time I'm thinking " fuck off", lmao. "Wish we had more store choices for my nutrients" lol. I was told on good authority (come to think, have not seen much of @KCCO 77) that 24" is a great height for my 4x4 scrog net. I use a cooltube too, I've always been afraid of burning my girls. I learnt my lesson by bleaching my CBDurban first time around with the BML. I'm thinking I'm safe where I am too, but interestingly, I'll also check my canopy temperature tomorrow just to see.
Nothing super new tonight, res change in flower yesterday. Numbers have already started to stabilize (hence the reason that the manufacturers recommend 15 minutes between adding A +B of my House and Garden Aqua flakes). I add some PH - to my res in advance of any nutrition though. Same day I fill my res's up.

Goodnight all......see you tomorrow!
Hey buddy hope all is good over there. Should have no problems with the light at 24 inches. Just watch for stress a plant that is suffering from deficiency or anything else will show under the light at that height. If the plants r healthy should b no problem I put a new Hortalux eye in last week and even with cal deficiency the plants r still happy at 26 inches. I have been playing with this stuff.
Lots to talk about and I will give you some when I c you since I could only find 20L jugs lol.

Hey buddy hope all is good over there. Should have no problems with the light at 24 inches. Just watch for stress a plant that is suffering from deficiency or anything else will show under the light at that height. If the plants r healthy should b no problem I put a new Hortalux eye in last week and even with cal deficiency the plants r still happy at 26 inches. I have been playing with this stuff.
Lots to talk about and I will give you some when I c you since I could only find 20L jugs lol.
Hey buddy, nice of you to stop by LOL.
Yeah things are kind of on cruise control, res changes are taking less and less time. Once I get the waterline thing figured out for next year, this growing marijuana thing will be a cinch LMAO.
In truth, the only thing that I have noticed is that the very tips of my purps leaves are slightly burnt. And I mean only the last millimeter or so. I guess so, I have been running my EC around 2.3 ..... Just to see if I could. Looking like 2.0 or there around is definitely The Sweet Spot.
Let's have a chat tonight.

So hydrogen peroxide, is that where you're using on your flood and drain table Reservoir to create the bubbles that you did?

Gardens looking amazing mr.Guy and your Scrog is stunning, going to get some amazing meds off of her..
Have a good evening..
Thanks Smeegs, I'm hoping so. Week 5 and weve dodged some bullets here. Two weeks ago we had one of the worst wind storm that's hit Southern Ontario in a long time with wind gusts over 120 km/h. I had my generator serviced 2 days before, just in case. Not only do my lights, my pumps and my heat get run by electricity, but the extreme cold out back would kill them all in less than an hour with no power.

I know you guys hate blurple shots, but I wanted to show progress and by the time I got out there last night it was lights on.
Also, a quick shot of veg, now that all eight are spreading out nicely. My two new additions are showing no signs of stress in the front.
To inside now......my propagation tent looks and smells amazing, I miss this stage!
Great genetics here. @Van Stank, your ATFs always do so incredibly well!
The symmetry of the girls when they're so small is one of god's wonders.....IMO! Heres one of @Jackalope Trailer trash Betty's. Yes I call them all "shes" and "hers" til they prove me wrong, lol.
That's all for now guys..... Have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom