Guy Does BC Bud Depot Purps & CBDurban

I was amazed at how much CBDdurban had. For my first CBD plant it definitely impressed me.
Glad to hear that she has been good to you. I forget where they sourced both parents, but the Durban has always treated me well. Never too warm, never too cold, never too little or too much nutes. Great all around set of genetics. They came from Canuk.

He will have a job no problem!! Good, reliable welders are hard to come by in this province! I know many of my customers that will hire walk ins with their tickets on the spot.

That cola is huge! :thumb:
I just have to keep him from being cocky. He thinks cause he got a job interview that hes got it in the bag. Confidence is 1 thing.....lol. That all being said, hes proud of his craft and I'm proud of him.

Thanks PJ!

Hope everybody had a great weekend, despite sickness running rampant.... I know we certainly did. Got a chance to walk my dogs for a couple of hours on both days, despite getting over a cold. Feels like the cold is gone now, itfigures..... Just in time for the week to begin LOL.
So I've started to sex my ATFs, for cloning, for spring. This one is by far the largest one of Stanks genetics. In the past, this has led to the plant being a male, but I digress..... Hopefully this one is a girl LOL.

Got a good portion of the light together. I have to do the wiring still, but loving the way it looks. These Quantum boards should really light up my flower room when I get them in. Still need the HPS in there as the temperatures dip below zero at night but it won't be long now.
Speaking of flower room, here's a couple of shots across the flower room last night before the lights came on. Presently on week 7 for 6 of my plants, the two in the back are on week 8. I actually took the only Purps down last night. Not a ton of big buds on her, but kind of off to the corner from my HPS so likely wasn't getting a ton of light....this all be addressed by the QBs.

Heres a small bud from the Purps. Nice colour, nice trichomes ......most of her will become oil as her lower branches didn't get a tonne of light. This scrog setup has definitely been a good learning experience. Although I have my plants cleaned out on the underside for great air circulation, I should have thinned the canopy more to allow better light penetration to the smaller lower buds or, I should have completely remove the smaller lower buds. None the less, I probably will end up begging 2 to 3 oz of dry bud for rolling, plus another two Ziploc bags of undercarriage growth for making some RSO. Knowing that I had a few plants to go, I wasn't overly concerned about throwing some pretty good-sized buds in to Ziplocs too.

What do you guys know about extracting your terpenes using CO2, come to think of it? Any idea how it works?

Finally, Jeff at Green Valley Wellness who helped me get my license is having a giveaway, so I decided to donate a bunch of Blue Dream to his cause. @Jackalope, these are your seeds so I'm hoping to get some feedback on how they do from a bunch of sources.

Scored a few hand pressed keif pucks from my broher last weekend, so I am hoping to get them into my friends press this coming week. Maybe take my first stab at making some rosin too.

Think that's it for Monday morning......be good everyone!

but my girl threw her hands up in the air and said, "whatever"..LOL..... I'm still wondering if that really means "whatever" LOL.

Nice stuff Guy! So did it really mean "whatever"? My wife has given up all resistance on my pot condo project. She wants her closet back!

Nice stuff Guy! So did it really mean "whatever"? My wife has given up all resistance on my pot condo project. She wants her closet back!
She meant it, lmao! We were talking about lighting upgrades last night. Our good friend from this site is bringing QBs in from somewhere. I'm in line for 2 more full sets. Just gotta get my wiring down pat.

Lots of seeds and lots of light. Hmmm What to do? LMAO
Let me ask you guys something, have you ever heard of cannabis irradiation?

Also.........

Thoughts on why my Veg system is PH crashing overnight? I did a res change in there two days ago, my pH was fine as I stacked my nutrients. I go in there last night and my pH is 4.1. This has happened in the past, I thought the issue was an algae problem that I had but it turns out to not be the case. Last night the water was Crystal Clean, I also went ahead and pre cleaned my pH Probe on my Bluelab guardian. Not sure what might be causing this, I don't want to lose my girls?!

Well for now, one more res change and I'll be good to go on these girls. Presently about to enter week 8. That being said, I do have my next set of girls ready to go. 3 CBDurban, 3 Da Purps again, I'm also putting in one Purps and I think I'll end up putting in my Genius S1 as she is showing a little bit of the same Calcium deficiency as the purps do. As I keep an eye on them, hopefully I'll be able to keep an eye on her just the same as her calcium needs seem to kind of replicate there's. I plan on going a little heavier on the Cal mag next round to compensate for their higher needs.

I'm going on vacation to Cuba from the 13th - 20th so I want to make sure that I've got nothing in the flower system before I go. That'll give me a chance to give the room and the system of a really good disinfecting before next round.

Lots of seeds and lots of light. Hmmm What to do? LMAO
You know me, I'm already three grows ahead LMAO. I've got 6 ATF left to sex, my first was a male. I've got four of your trailer trash girls to sex those are definitely all four exterior this year. I also dropped 30 Blue Dream seeds that I am donating on your behalf to a local Clinic that is giving them away as part of their clients obtaining their license.
Once I get back, I'll be dropping at least half a dozen purple Betty for my next grow got..... Not to mention the clones from the Pakistan Valley Indica that are also imminent.
With another room potentially being built this summer, I may be able to do more then I ever have.

Let me ask you guys something, have you ever heard of cannabis irradiation?

Also.........

Thoughts on why my Veg system is PH crashing overnight? I did a res change in there two days ago, my pH was fine as I stacked my nutrients. I go in there last night and my pH is 4.1. This has happened in the past, I thought the issue was an algae problem that I had but it turns out to not be the case. Last night the water was Crystal Clean, I also went ahead and pre cleaned my pH Probe on my Bluelab guardian. Not sure what might be causing this, I don't want to lose my girls?!

Well for now, one more res change and I'll be good to go on these girls. Presently about to enter week 8. That being said, I do have my next set of girls ready to go. 3 CBDurban, 3 Da Purps again, I'm also putting in one Purps and I think I'll end up putting in my Genius S1 as she is showing a little bit of the same Calcium deficiency as the purps do. As I keep an eye on them, hopefully I'll be able to keep an eye on her just the same as her calcium needs seem to kind of replicate there's. I plan on going a little heavier on the Cal mag next round to compensate for their higher needs.

I'm going on vacation to Cuba from the 13th - 20th so I want to make sure that I've got nothing in the flower system before I go. That'll give me a chance to give the room and the system of a really good disinfecting before next round.
Hey long time no talk lol. Cannabis irradiation is something most if not all LP r doing. They call it zapping. Talk to your boy at the clinic when you drop off those blue dream plants and he will tell you all about it. Call me tonight lots to talk about.

Neat to hear about the Da Purps. It is one hybrid that lots of people have made. One of the only hybrids I have found that lots of breeders made and called it different names. The basics being Purps x Purple Afghani. I forget what they all are now but I have 3 strains with the same genetic makeup.

Sorry to hear about the PH problems. As you know. I have no clue about DWC so I am no help at all there. Good luck with it. I will say hearing about the problems is scaring me away from hydro. No way I am switching till you figure everything out. #guineapig LMAO

I think KCCO has got my PH swings figured out. It's only happening when my plants get into there second half of their veg cycle. I am leaving my plants in veg for 8 weeks and the starting them super small as I have eight week strains in flower that I need to complete before I introduce my next set of plants.

Problem
Ph crashes from 5.9 to 4.1 in 24 hours in my veg DWC system
Solution "for now"
Raise PH to 5.9 over 3 consecutive days and now my values have slowly crept back up to 5.7 after 4th day.

Wondering if this is why HG suggests adding "A" then waiting 15 minutes to add "B" to res, then PH. I do this, just 7nsure as to why.

My girls in veg haven't responded negatively to the PH swings at all, in fact they look VERY healthy and their growth spirt seems to have coincided with my PH swings, super strange! My EC values have raised slightly as I'd expect during these last few weeks of veg as my girls drink a tonne!

The Purps smokes a lot like the Alpha Dawg, you got her trimmed up yet, lol?
My latest Purps......you remember the tiny little Purple budded plant that gave me an oz last grow, well this time she weighed in 570gs wet, 230 cured so just over 1/2 lb. Super happy with that! I've still got 5 plants in my system, I'm trimming as my trichomes show me it's time.

For the record, as @Scrodgawg warned me about, I'll never go back to soil. In 2 weeks I'm going on vacation, with soil, I'd have to rely on my son (pfffftttt,lmfao) or with hydro, I do my res change in advance, then rely on my computers and gentics. Hmmmm yeah, I'll rely on them anyday, lol. Not to mention, if I spill.....it evaporates. Before, I'd fumble around looking for a broom etc. Bugs too, with soil I know I was drastically increasing my odds by growing in my space using anything but hydroponics. Yeah, it was expensive at first but I took my time and found the best deals I could.
For my addition, I'm gonna do another flower room, so I can be perpetual every 4 weeks, but my return lines are definitely going to increase to 2" minimum to decrease my "gurgling sound" as my supply pump goes much faster than gravity......even with a valve in my supply line.

Here's what's left of the girls as of last night. I have not taken down the girl with the big colas yet as I still see growth occurring.

I got my light all soldered together last night. With lights off, it's difficult for me to get in there to hang it, but I will definitely be doing it over the next 24 hours to ensure that everything is working correctly.
Holyshit this thing's bright!

Two more weeks and my boy will be done school so if I plan on having any more welding done I better get my ass in gear and figure out my frame sizes LOL.

I spent the last three nights trimming, still got lots to go too LOL. Thinking about maybe purchasing a rotary trimmer, anybody have any thoughts on one of those? Its manual with a handle, not an electric one. I'm only using the bud for my own personal use, so I'm thinking a trimmer might be a nice addition and huge time-saver?

Something changed with attaching pictures to our files, threads over the weekend..... I don't do it the same way anymore?

Heres a pic of my light installed. So that's 3x Samsung boards, Meanwell driver and wall mounted dimmer.
a
20190401_230749.jpg

Here's something that I've only experienced with the house of garden line up. Last two weeks of flower, crazy New Growth showing up on my buds.
20190401_222827.jpg

The bowl trimmers work well, the buds seem to turn a darker green once dried.
Honestly Penny, I spend 2 hours a night out there trimming..... I know there has to be an easier way. I know if you're also going to be selling it, that leaves a little bit less desirable finished product but honestly..... I don't care for myself.

So far though, dried I'm pulling a half a pound off each plant, so no complaints here LOL.

Sorry fellas. 6 days every night trimming. No complaints here though, cause look at this shit!

Started here.

Creating buds like these. Notice the foxtailing, likely due to the Top booster being added last 2 weeks.

Then this big bigger, weighing in at 211 grams, lol.

Trays upon trays of beauty buds! I remember @Van Stank once saying " I hope you like trimming ", lol. Thankfully this happens every 8 or 9 weeks. This was a lot of work.

These two trays came off my 1 Da Purps plant. @Jackalope. After a bit of searching, I think I found my favourite Da Purps pheno, lmao.

Wow guys it just kept coming, lol.
I had to adapt, and remember where I was yesterday. So I ghettoed together a drying rack with old fan covers a while ago. Presently I have a drying rack ordered lol. Once the buds spent 2 days there, they were transferred to a ziploc to sweat for 24 hours. Once done there, back out into a dryer bag (Walmart) to dry for another 24 hours before I jarred.

Final weights for my 6 best plants was 2799 grams wet, 911 dried. Just started burping yesterday. Still have 3 more jars to add to this.

Thanks everyone for your help this grow!
The next set of girls are already in their homes.

Next round, much the same as this. 3 x CBDurban and 3 x what I believe are clones from my big girl. I should point out that these Da Purps are very calcium hungry. I am presently using twice the amount of recommended Cal Mag per Reservoir. I'm also flowering the Genius S1 that I got from Jackalope. Same thing, shes a bit calcium hungry so I decided to put her in with the others that have the same requirements.
These CBDURBAN are beasts already on Day 1 lmao. This should be interesting.

This leaves my World of Seeds Pakistan Valley Indica in the veg tent by herself so that she can be cloned heavily for next round.

That's it for now......

Wow is about all I can say. I won't be posting my totals now LMAO. That's so cool you found a keeper Da Purps. Purps x Afghani what could go wrong LOL.

Finally broke down and started my last CBDdurban. It is going to spend its spring and fall in a greenhouse and the summer out in the great outdoors. I hope it does as well as it did indoors. My friend is in need a CBD strain.

You are keeping the bar for CBD plants pretty high. I will have to do my best to keep up LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom