Guys please help

JigSaw

Still my first closet grow in soil and I feel like Idk what I'm doing...These are a month old and still small and aren't vegging much......I know it's partly because I don't have enough lighting going to them. 6 150w bulbs...they were the most powerful bulbs Lowes had...should I just order the proper bulbs online??

I feel really dumb posting this, but I need help.
IMG_061649.JPG
IMG_061550.JPG
IMG_062142.JPG
IMG_062038.JPG
IMG_061941.JPG

Well for starters the bulbs are too far away. What kind of bulbs are they? They should say 6500k on them. Or 5000k.

Okay so you need to give us more info in order to be able to help you.

What kind of soil are you in and have you started nutrients?

Yes.. they are very streched. We can't even see your lights. When you use cfls... you have to use them very close... check out SavingSon's grow journals.. all done under cfl... with outstanding results.

Can we see how you are lighting them. Cfls need to be used horizontally for best results. Very little light emits from the tip. Technically you should be using cool Kelvin temps (around 5500k) for veg and warmer temps (around 3000k) for flower. So your the color temp of your cfl is really warm.. and although they will grow... it is not ideal.

You say the bulbs are 150 watts and even though I cannot see them I very much doubt that is what they actually are. They are probably "150 watt equivalent" as companies use this as a comparison to traditional bulbs. That number means nothing... you want to look at actual wattage... which if they are 150 watt equvalent... is probably under 30watts. 150 watt bulbs are BIG ASS CFLs...

So if you could show us your lighting we can help you alter your grow to at least ideal distance and spacing. Also please let us know what soil you are using. What nutrients? Where are the seeds from? Do you know the strain?

This is a list of the info most people here want from you in order to help diagnose issues...
What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

Fill that out and give us some photos of the op...

Good Luck
Kitty

Yep...
Switch to 2700k (soft white)for flowering, 6400k (daylight) is better for VEG ..CFLs do not have a large footprint...LEDs are better IMHO..
Larger pots needed, and looks like you water too much..

BTW: just noticed Kitty's post..she is right on the $$!!

I just put them in their flowering stage a week and a half ago. 6 inch pots. Soil. No pests. 70 degrees. Watering every other day. Feeding them Miracle Grow indoor plant food. Your right about the bulbs. I didn't realize the equivalent didn't actually mean you were getting 150 watts. Lesson learned.

IMG_069649.JPG
IMG_069445.JPG
IMG_069543.JPG

Back
Top Bottom