H.I.D Bulb Information

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Below are some tables compiled from data about various lamps so that you can compare and contrast different lamps yourself. Things to remember! Different sources of light have different light spectrums some better for plant growth and some not so good such as incandescent bulbs. Plant growth is heavily influenced by the amount and colour of the available light. Blue light at about 450nm favours root growth and intense photosynthesis. Red colours at 600 to 700nm stimulate rapid stem growth, intense flowing and chlorophyll production.

An interesting note about PAR watts and lumens for MH and HPS lamps is that the correlation between the two is over 97%. Meaning that for HPS and MH lights (remember the very restricted sample used here) on average there is less than 3% variance when estimating PAR watts from lumens. But remember that is an average and some lamps the difference may be much more.

Lamp Efficiency In PAR WATTS
aa1.jpg

Lamp Efficiency In LUMENS
cc.jpg

Lamp Efficiency for MH & HPS
gg.jpg

hi this goddidmary i just went out and purchased a 200 watt light and timer for my closet. I was wondering if you could tell me everything i need to to grow and get started from vegetation to budding. The lowest costing budget please.

they are cool bulbs but only last as long as the MH side. they are some what expensive also. A dual bulb hood with two ballast is another option.

at 50 dollars per 1000 watt bulb they are around the same price as regular hps bulbs, i figure for practically the same price the dual arch might produce better flowers?

Back
Top Bottom