H00k Almost Shitz Brix: One More LOS First, Girlz 2018

Looking forward to that Hook, and rest assured it is my intention to perfect my own grow soil.. If that is the way I go.. Am still toying with idea of Soil free grow, though it seems kinda expensive initially.. I have the outdoor soil mix down and have for years, but indoor presents problems like bugs, and mold and etc more often and far harder to control than outdoors or so I have seen on here from the peeps.. Green Days my friend, and perhaps after I get my new rooms done we can start a decent line up at the same time???

Good day to Ya' Hacks...saw you were busy in the basement today...:thumb:...soil is all I know, and it works for me and my schedule...even this foray into organic soil has gone quite well...other than being able to source stuff I want locally...but that is improving, so I've been able to add additional amendments this year...EWC is still hard to find but I can get it stateside easily enough...I suggested Wiggle Worm to one nursery, and she was gonna look into it...I like the outdoor shed...I find it allows me more control over environment than being directly outdoors and still grow like a ninja...hoping to find a good deal on a portable A/C unit to improve on that...I only do one grow a year, and that starts usually mid April/early May...the photo stage of the grow is a lil' behind cause I cringe at having to add heat to the mix...

I love a good organic soil grow! I'll hangout and watch the progress :)

Welcome MiO...coolers always full, as is the bud bowl...will have to check out what you have going on...

Looking good Hook! Glad the ice finally moved out!

:passitleft:

Thanks Bud...me too!...hopefully I can fit some water time into my busier than expected life, and get a fish pic or two put up...missus h00k wants some Suolakala(pronounced: soo-la-ka-la )...Finnish salt fish...:drool:...

...Thanks all for stopping by...:passitleft:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit:

Evenin' fella's...another beauty day yesterday...spent a lil' time casting off my neighbors rock wall no luck tho'...midday is not prime time for steelies, but early morning and evening temps are less than comfortable for me these days...not seeing any in the little creek down the road yet either, so still a little early round my place...
...speaking of temps...I was playing with the auto cabinet out in the shed yesterday as well...I got myself a temp controller(inkbird) so was getting the hang of programming it with lights and small ceramic heater...I left the lights on all night to see how they would be on their own...the maintain temp I set at 77F and low temp alarm at 55F...when I went out this morning, the controller was in alarm reading 54F(the picture doesn't show the temp, cause it flashes between alarm and temp, and I only caught the alarm display...could hear it from about15 feet away)...

...the temp in the cabinet on hygrometer...

...I plugged the heater into the controller, and in about ten minutes, temps were brought up to maintain temp, and the heater shut off...

...I set the differential at 10 degrees, and at 67F, the heater turned on and ran about 10 minutes before reaching temp and shutting off...took about the same time for temp to drop and cycle on again, so I'm happy I have a handle on the heat side, even tho', I'm reluctant to use heat unless necessary(did I mention I'm a cheap SOB!?...:rofl:)...
...On the cooling side of the controller, I am not able to test yet...just missed out by a day on a portable A/C unit on Kijiji...Damn!...:laugh:...but that's for the big room when that gets going...

...before the weekend is over, I will have my photo lineup between the sheets...looking forward to get the main show underway...going outside my comfort zone and running singles of strains...but how else is one going to get thru' a seed stash to find the yay's or Nay's:hmmmm:...

...the girlz earlier this evening...the SM's continue to outshine the DC at 3 weeks...

...oh!...forgot to mention...while perusing Kijiji found a dehummer' for FREE!...runs, but not sure how well it works...we'll see...

Have a good one! Ya'll!...cheerz...h00k...:rollit:

Hey hook! I have the same ink bird per your recommendation and do like it but it can't be used for day time and night time but for 35 bones its well worth it! I hang mine outside the tent so I can monitor the temp at lights out, that's my favorite thing about it. Someday I'll get a serious controller. Hope the dehuey works out for you!

Hey hook! I have the same ink bird per your recommendation and do like it but it can't be used for day time and night time but for 35 bones its well worth it! I hang mine outside the tent so I can monitor the temp at lights out, that's my favorite thing about it. Someday I'll get a serious controller. Hope the dehuey works out for you!

I'm not sure I understand why you say it can't be used for day or night?...:hmmmm:...mine is outside the space as well...do you have an A/C unit hooked up to it as well...hoping I can come across something relatively cheap before I could use it...if the dehummer doesn't work...no harm, no foul when its free...
...Got distracted, and Yeti beat me to the punch...was also gonna' recommend that first seedling pic as an entry

Keeping things under control feels good :thumb:

Good to see you can get out and fishing my man... I like the temp control idea, ironically My new grow rooms are in the basement, and with it being half dirt it also stays around 70 F in the summer... Humidity on the other hand..... I have grown that Sugar Momma, by accident really, but absolutely loved the end results... Mine was grown outside, and very well maintained... I think if I am not mistaken I had an above average harvest by weight, above average taste and buzz... Good Choice... On an FYI thing, up until next year I have always grown for just one harvest to last all year, but for the most part it was always illegal, so you just do a couple plants really well.. Now skies the limit, though I wouldnt say I would like to grow for profit at all, possibly a VERY well versed menu for company... LOL.... I already work at a professional grow, and alot of buddies who live elsewhere think I am the luckiest person on the planet... Truth is the professionalism of the whole thing makes it more robotic and less fun... Awesome quality, no love.... I could go on and on about that.... But 32 per hour affords me a nice life, and no questions... LOLL Green Days all

What kind of op is it

Legal Growing Warehouse... Law here is for now that you can either grow it, or sell it... Though the laws are in their infancy, they are rapidly getting their tax plan together... Not to be forgotten that is the ONLY reason they legalized... Well and for the people right??? LOL... Anyway they did a lottery type drawing for permits for now, though you can legally grow on your own property .. Right now I am involved in the final touches in the building of several more 15000 square foot mini buildings dedicated to Breeding, and the like... But other than that the other 125000 plus square feet are just your average Colorado Style Morton Building Grows... Though it is set up in a fairly Hilly area, so the ample running streams provide for an awesome renewable electric source... It is also a beautiful old House in front with Barns and the like set up in the Older New England style housing... Of course updated, but still old school and cozy... The owner is a BF from HS and has made a substantial initial investment to make sure that it is self sufficient, even if the unthinkable happens... It can be used to grow Anything professionally.. Unfortunately, you cant diversify like a regular green house, Weed only in buildings... Also has state of the art lighting and watering systems all computerized of course...

Sounds like a well thought operation :)

What I mean is it cant be used for both, so if you want different high/low temps for day and night. Know what I'm saying?

Ahh...Ok, gotchya'...that kind of contoller would require a hefty investment I'm sure...for now, I'm happy that I can maintain a stable environment, considering low's can still dip down to freezing...

You’re getting it dialed in, off to a good start!

Yeah...I'm pleased so far...

Keeping things under control feels good :thumb:

Yes it does!...if summer ever gets here, that's when it gets challenging...

Good to see you can get out and fishing my man... I like the temp control idea, ironically My new grow rooms are in the basement, and with it being half dirt it also stays around 70 F in the summer... Humidity on the other hand..... I have grown that Sugar Momma, by accident really, but absolutely loved the end results... Mine was grown outside, and very well maintained... I think if I am not mistaken I had an above average harvest by weight, above average taste and buzz... Good Choice... On an FYI thing, up until next year I have always grown for just one harvest to last all year, but for the most part it was always illegal, so you just do a couple plants really well.. Now skies the limit, though I wouldnt say I would like to grow for profit at all, possibly a VERY well versed menu for company... LOL.... I already work at a professional grow, and alot of buddies who live elsewhere think I am the luckiest person on the planet... Truth is the professionalism of the whole thing makes it more robotic and less fun... Awesome quality, no love.... I could go on and on about that.... But 32 per hour affords me a nice life, and no questions... LOLL Green Days all

Hey hacks...the SM's were freebies from Gorilla Seeds...they were always so generous when they were sponsoring contests here, and Sherry was a delight to deal with...so far, they are performing quite well...Humidity also plagues me once summer temps arrive, but I have always believed good airflow and circulation will trump humidity...I have 5 small fans and 1 oscillating tower fan that do the trick...if my free dehummer works, that will be a bonus...

I call that frugal. All looking nice and green in here though Hook....:bongrip:

Thanks MJ...I agree with that...it's missus h00k that says otherwise!?...:rofl:...

...Got 14 tomato plants potted yesterday in the greenhouse...probably get potato's and onion's in manana...grey and drizzle here today...
...will have an update later today...Stage 2 has officially begun...Hope everyone has a great weekend(and a long one for those on the north side of the border)...cheerz...h00k...:rollit:

So!...May long...Walleye opener at 12:00 a.m. this morning...nope!...not playing...grey, drizzle and a frikken cold NE wind...oh!...and a complete fire ban...not much fun in the bush today!...for over thirty years, there were a core group of us who never missed an opening...I even once traveled nearly 3 thousand miles back from the Yukon for 3 days of fishing and buffoonery...think booze, drugs and weather that ranged from comfortable dips to building a sweat lodge...never go camping without a roll of poly!!...the last few years of those glory daze, we were coming home with more ice than we left with!!...FFS!...that, along with getting older, see's us maybe get together in June or July...maybe...hard to plan around everyone's Dr.'s appointments...:rofl:...but...I digress...
...pics of the girlz this morning...3 weeks plus a day or 2...

...I'm in no hurry to get them out in their cabinet, since they're doing well inside, and not causing me any issues...when they do go outside, I will have to change their lighting schedule...currently running lights on at 6:a.m. off at 12:00 a.m. to work with non blackout environment...once outside, the proposed schedule will be lights on at 7 p.m. and off at 1 p.m. to maximize off peak hours for hydro...if memory serves, last season...I went with a long day/short night transition. rather than the opposite...Anyone have an opinion on that?...it worked out fine...just curious if anyone has other thoughts...

...OK...so last evening I made my final choices and put the photo seeds between the wet sheets...tough choices on all the strains I have in the stash, and I have usually grown two of each strain I choose in the past and maybe an odd single thrown in...but...it's done...so, the lineup is................................

2X Caramelos
1XBlue Dream(HSO version)
1XPurple Envy
1XWhite widow
1XCotten Candy
1XPanamaXMalawi
1xTutankhamon
1XSour Diesel...courtesy of a newer friend here at the Mag...does great calendars too!;)...thanks Bro'

...the plan is to run 3 fifteen gallon pots down the center(they will be stationary, cause I'm getting too old for heavy lifting) and 3 seven gallons on each side...should be easy enuff to get those 6 outside in the sunshine to play with...not sure yet which will earn a 15 gallon pot other than Caramelo...thinking Blue Dream and White Widow...we'll see..,I've used 10's before with no noticeable difference...hope the 15's don't give me space stress...first world problems...right!?...:rofl:...
...the sheets are wet and the seedling pots are ready...:yahoo:...

...Enjoy the weekend!...cheerz...h00k...:rollit:

...Agreed...chicken of the sea...:drool:...something I picked up on a few years ago...

Walleye Ceviche

1 lb. walleye fillet
1 bunch cilantro
1/2 large red onion
2 medium tomatoes
1 jalapeno pepper
8 oz. lemon juice
2 Tbs salt

Slice fillets into very small pieces. Marinate in the lemon juice and salt for at least 4 hours in medium bowl (over night in fridge is good) Finely chop all vegetables, and mix in large bowl to make salsa. Drain fish. Mix fish with salsa. Eat with corn chips or crackers.

...It's quite tasty...cheerz...h00k...:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom