H00k Almost Shitz Brix: One More LOS First, Girlz 2018

Yeah all that weed is nice and all, but that buck! Do you take people from out of country on hunting trips? :laugh: Every deer I have seen this season (all 2) I havent even had the chance to try to shoot em. Me and my son walked up on a bedded down doe opening day and I tried to get him to take the shot but he did not see her until she jumped up to run away.

Mornin Ya'll...:ciao:...been a bit since I've been here...very busy with all the fall chores...the to do list is pretty much complete, including restocking the freezer...
View media item 1617937
View media item 1617936
...had all the girlz out yesterday for a sniff and rejarring to a more consistent jar size...

...also, cobs have been drying for a bit and are going to be re sealed for storage today...gonna' keep a bit of the caramelo out...been enjoying the flower, I expect to enjoy the cob even more...:drool:...

...the two fresh cobs that weren't included in the final weight list, when dried, went from 4.8 zips to 2.2 zips so the final weight of harvest will be 42.4 zips...:yahoo:...

...that's about it for this years adventure...already looking forward to next spring...gonna be a few "kit" girlz(not sure of strains yet) as well as a few in my soil...thanks to Bob and Stank, been picking up some tips...:thumb::high-five:...all I know for sure, I'll be starting out with a couple DDA's...

...So, thanks for following along...I'll be continuing to watch everyone's grows...CHEERZ...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...
Been awhile, what part of the country are you in? Thats not a bad whitetail, the ones down here are monsters and I've yet to stock our freezer! Nice harvest too!

Once when I was little, I was able to be layed inside the rack of a muley my dad had shot, the thing was 42 1/2 inches wide! Only mule deer he ever shot too..

You woodn't want to stroll thru y gardens this grow,, you might get some rouge pollen from a hermie on ya and take it home to your girls..........

You know I've gone all over the states in my life,, but the biggest White Tails,,, not that the one you busted isn't VERY respectable,, but down in southern Illinois, they got some monsters running around feeding in them corn field......... Least that where I busted my largest. But I've never gone further north than Mi. Least in hunting days...... But I seen many huge ass ones in the corn......

GL and Keepem Green

You woodn't want to stroll thru y gardens this grow,, you might get some rouge pollen from a hermie on ya and take it home to your girls..........

You know I've gone all over the states in my life,, but the biggest White Tails,,, not that the one you busted isn't VERY respectable,, but down in southern Illinois, they got some monsters running around feeding in them corn field......... Least that where I busted my largest. But I've never gone further north than Mi. Least in hunting days...... But I seen many huge ass ones in the corn......

GL and Keepem Green
Typically the further north you go the bigger the bodies are on the deer. There have been many 200+ pound deer shot this year in my state, with the biggest I have seen being around 265 or so. I have heard tales of bucks in canada hitting 300. All these weights are dressed, not live weight.

Yeah all that weed is nice and all, but that buck! Do you take people from out of country on hunting trips? :laugh: Every deer I have seen this season (all 2) I havent even had the chance to try to shoot em. Me and my son walked up on a bedded down doe opening day and I tried to get him to take the shot but he did not see her until she jumped up to run away.

heheh...I would Yeti, But it's my sister and brother in law's spot...a secret honey hole within the city limits...it belongs to the dad of a friend of theirs...we're the only ones allowed to hunt it...its produced 2 or more bucks every year for the past 6 years, since they opened an archery season within city limits to cull the population...
Been awhile, what part of the country are you in? Thats not a bad whitetail, the ones down here are monsters and I've yet to stock our freezer! Nice harvest too!

Once when I was little, I was able to be layed inside the rack of a muley my dad had shot, the thing was 42 1/2 inches wide! Only mule deer he ever shot too..

NWO...bout 1200 miles NW of Toronto...this one had a big body compared to rack size...my sisters 8 point was considerably smaller...

GL and Keepem Green

...I would say mine is about average for around here, although I have a friend who lives further out around farm land and he has bagged a couple biggies...I live about 15 miles out of town, and I think its funny I'm driving to town to get my Buck...we get some big ones out my way, but not as plentiful as the town spot...I had a monster run into the side of my truck Xmas eve morning 4 years ago on my way to work...I usually drive my beater, but the one day I bring the truck...WHAM...5 grand in damage...lolool...

Typically the further north you go the bigger the bodies are on the deer. There have been many 200+ pound deer shot this year in my state, with the biggest I have seen being around 265 or so. I have heard tales of bucks in canada hitting 300. All these weights are dressed, not live weight.

...never have actually weighed a dressed out buck...just go by how many boxes I get from our butcher...3 boxes is a good one...2 boxes is OK...There is a monster coming in that my sister wants to take...she was in the stand on Friday evening...but no show...she's prolly in the stand right now
She sent me a pic on the weekend of a beauty buck that a friend of their's in northern Wisconsin shot...real nice rack!

...been enjoying the P X M and Caramelo the most from the various strains grown this season...nice daytime smoke...gotta take it easy with the P X M...but I'm a lightweight...:laugh:

...cheerz everyone...have a great week...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

I have a couple of fields down the road from me I would like to hunt but they only allow family to hunt. I have never seen anyone in them but have seen a lot of deer in them lol. We have some in city archery areas and some of them you are allowed to take multiple deer a year from (most of the time you can only take 1 a year). There are some good sized deer that grow in populated areas. We do not typically have huge racked deer here. Bigger bodies than anything. We had 3 very nice bucks on camera before the season started but we are yet to see them in person. Which is how it usually goes in my main spot lol.

Yeah our city hunt is archery only(we use cross bows), on your own land or by owner permission...we're allowed only 1 per hunter as well, but you can apply for an additional tag...even with some gifting, 1 is enuff' for me and the missus...sis and bil will take care of a meat animal then try for a trophy with their other tag ...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:

We cannot use crossbows for archery hunting. If you want to use one you can only do so during the firearm season. I think there was a group trying to change that but I do not think they have made headway. I think you can get a special permit to use them for archery if you are a senior or handicapped. I am yet to take a trophy deer. A couple small bucks and the rest does. I take what i can though.

Yeah our city hunt is archery only(we use cross bows), on your own land or by owner permission...we're allowed only 1 per hunter as well, but you can apply for an additional tag...even with some gifting, 1 is enuff' for me and the missus...sis and bil will take care of a meat animal then try for a trophy with their other tag ...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:
smart move stock up that freezer first just taking care of business nuttin wrong with that!:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom