H00k Almost Shitz Brix: One More LOS First, Girlz 2018

Take one of your shotgun shells @TorturedSoul remove the shot and replace with medium size rocksalt mixed with some red cayenne pepper. Then use OO buck for the second just incase he didn't understand the first shot......

...but the original-equipment version would probably work just fine :hmmmm:.

BB-shot for the first shot, lol, because the return fire is less accurate when their eyes are hamburger. #3 or #4 buck for the rest, because... more pellets than 00, but still able to drop just about anything smaller than a blue whale at "in the same room" range. Plus, my walls aren't made of iron, lol, and I already have to think about shot geometry (I have neighbors).

Pellets in neghbor's wall = highly annoyed neighbor. Pellets in neighbor = a whole new problem (to say the least).

Next-door neighbor started parking within about four inches of his exterior wall, to better hear any shenanigans. Then, he saw me out wondering around the property a time or two in the wee hours... and started parking close up against our property line, LMAO. I asked him if his wife was griping about him, worried that he'd sideswipe their house one evening and he replied, "I figure it's probably safer where YOU can see it," ;) .

Must be the new style of neighborhood watch - Let ~TS~ handle it. IDK.

I talked to a cop the other day, he said, "Just don't wound whoever it is. If you don't, we'll come by, you'll lose the firearm for a few weeks, get questioned, make a statement, wait, get your gun back. If you do, the person has the ability to go hire a lawyer, and then who the <BLEEP> knows how it'll end up."

So soft-loads are probably contraindicated. . . .

I do keep a 44 mag close and acouple 380's around various places in the house.. Along with a pistol grip riot gun loaded with 00.

But rock salt is incase it's a kid trying to steal a plant is in another 12 gauge I have in there.. I do like my guns............... But I'd hate to kill a kid over a stupid plant...... But if they come in my house,,, I'd put them down...... And if one shoots,,, aim well....

:eek:...I'll call before I come over.

Most everyone does, except for a certain ex-stripper when she's on one of her (less and less frequent :( ) vacations from the nuthatch. And she makes up for it by being rather... verbal as she's heading up the porch stairs.

Like I say to most folks, my pirate friend, you're more than welcome, but call first. And if you come in the middle of Winter, bring some food if you can :rofl:.

I do keep a 44 mag close

I shot the one my buddy kept trying to loan me for the purpose. Not as much kick as I expected (it's a revolver, and heavy, and both of those things help, I think) - but it's still hard on my deteriorating hand/wrist. On the other hand, depending on the load, the target probably isn't walking away regardless of where he gets hit. They make an awfully big hole, and that whole sudden loss of blood pressure thing is a bit hard to deal with.

and acouple 380's

I tried a .380 some time back, but wasn't impressed. But it was one of those $50 "bargains," so not representative of the caliber. It also had a short barrel, the grip was too short (IMHO), and the slide attacked my hand.

I like a decently weighty 9mm or a .38 Special revolver with the right ammo. What I'd really like is a nice .357 Magnum revolver with a 4" (or maybe slightly longer) barrel, because it ought to be pretty accurate and I could run any .38 Special ammo I wanted through it.

I also drool over the FN Five-seveN. I'd love to own one of those and have an endless supply of *my choice* of ammo for it. Nice quality, 4.8" barrel, nice accuracy, etc. They seem pretty doggone loud for such a small caliber, but that's probably perception more than anything. The 20-round magazine capacity isn't necessary, but it's certainly not a problem, lol. My only real gripe with it is the significant muzzle flash. Seems like an outstanding firearm.

The FN P90 personal defense weapon that it was designed in conjunction with is a bullpup design, is a wonderful gun, has a 50-round capacity magazine... and is enough to give a man a semi. No real downside in any situation I can imagine myself ever being in, and that includes being invaded by a foreign army ;) .

But I'd hate to kill a kid over a stupid plant.

I'd hate to kill a "kid," too. On the other hand, the thought of punching a thief's ticket doesn't bother me any more than doing a violent cr@ck dealer. Look at it this way, if the human race was lucky enough that you did so before he managed to breed, you would be improving the gene pool.

Someone chooses to steal, whatever happens to them is their fault, yeah? About the time Mom got pregnant with what eventually turned out to be me, Dad broke into a grocery store late one night after it had closed. The way I heard it, he stole two sacks of assorted groceries because there was no food in the house for Mom and my two brothers to eat (I know, I know, why did they make another child, then? IDFK the answer to that one...) and he was out of work. He'd have gotten away with it, too, were it not for the fact that, later after he'd gotten back to work, he went back and tried to pay the owner for the groceries and the damage he'd caused breaking in, at which point the guy called the cops. According to Mom, Pop freely admitted to what he'd done, was nice to the arresting officer, and pled guilty. And like he told me when I reacted to the story and started pestering him with questions, "If there'd been a watchman there and I'd gotten dusted that night, it would have been nobody's fault but my own." He then told me to make sure I did well in school and to make sure I went to college so that I'd never find myself unable to feed my family. I failed miserably at that, so I've pretty much chosen not to have one (wife/offspring, I mean).

We're responsible for our own actions, regardless of what our motivation is. Everyone over the age of eight or so ought to be able to tell the difference between right and wrong.

The biggest reason I'd shoot a thief without batting an eye, though... I'm not as young as I used to be (common thing ;) ), and am starting to know what "broken down" is like. And the type of person who'd break into an occupied house probably isn't all that familiar with the value of things, including his/her fellow human beings. Why should I have to depend on someone - who's clearly a miscreant - being more willing to take a fall and go to jail than to kill a witness and make jail far less likely? I mean... It comes down to that whole "right and wrong" thing, and you kind of have to make assumptions based on what you know about a person. With a thief, you know he's a f*cking criminal. Rather than hope that I could physically defend myself, or do so with a knife at knife-range, I'd much prefer having a tool that makes it not much of an uncertainty.

My moral code might differ a bit from the average person's, but I do have one.

Oops, @dr.h00k , sorry for the mini-rant. I suppose you're used to them by now :rolleyes: :p :laughtwo:.

Most everyone does, except for a certain ex-stripper when she's on one of her (less and less frequent :( ) vacations from the nuthatch. And she makes up for it by being rather... verbal as she's heading up the porch stairs.

Like I say to most folks, my pirate friend, you're more than welcome, but call first. And if you come in the middle of Winter, bring some food if you can :rofl:.

I shot the one my buddy kept trying to loan me for the purpose. Not as much kick as I expected (it's a revolver, and heavy, and both of those things help, I think) - but it's still hard on my deteriorating hand/wrist. On the other hand, depending on the load, the target probably isn't walking away regardless of where he gets hit. They make an awfully big hole, and that whole sudden loss of blood pressure thing is a bit hard to deal with.

I tried a .380 some time back, but wasn't impressed. But it was one of those $50 "bargains," so not representative of the caliber. It also had a short barrel, the grip was too short (IMHO), and the slide attacked my hand.

I like a decently weighty 9mm or a .38 Special revolver with the right ammo. What I'd really like is a nice .357 Magnum revolver with a 4" (or maybe slightly longer) barrel, because it ought to be pretty accurate and I could run any .38 Special ammo I wanted through it.

I also drool over the FN Five-seveN. I'd love to own one of those and have an endless supply of *my choice* of ammo for it. Nice quality, 4.8" barrel, nice accuracy, etc. They seem pretty doggone loud for such a small caliber, but that's probably perception more than anything. The 20-round magazine capacity isn't necessary, but it's certainly not a problem, lol. My only real gripe with it is the significant muzzle flash. Seems like an outstanding firearm.

The FN P90 personal defense weapon that it was designed in conjunction with is a bullpup design, is a wonderful gun, has a 50-round capacity magazine... and is enough to give a man a semi. No real downside in any situation I can imagine myself ever being in, and that includes being invaded by a foreign army ;) .

I'd hate to kill a "kid," too. On the other hand, the thought of punching a thief's ticket doesn't bother me any more than doing a violent cr@ck dealer. Look at it this way, if the human race was lucky enough that you did so before he managed to breed, you would be improving the gene pool.

Someone chooses to steal, whatever happens to them is their fault, yeah? About the time Mom got pregnant with what eventually turned out to be me, Dad broke into a grocery store late one night after it had closed. The way I heard it, he stole two sacks of assorted groceries because there was no food in the house for Mom and my two brothers to eat (I know, I know, why did they make another child, then? IDFK the answer to that one...) and he was out of work. He'd have gotten away with it, too, were it not for the fact that, later after he'd gotten back to work, he went back and tried to pay the owner for the groceries and the damage he'd caused breaking in, at which point the guy called the cops. According to Mom, Pop freely admitted to what he'd done, was nice to the arresting officer, and pled guilty. And like he told me when I reacted to the story and started pestering him with questions, "If there'd been a watchman there and I'd gotten dusted that night, it would have been nobody's fault but my own." He then told me to make sure I did well in school and to make sure I went to college so that I'd never find myself unable to feed my family. I failed miserably at that, so I've pretty much chosen not to have one (wife/offspring, I mean).

We're responsible for our own actions, regardless of what our motivation is. Everyone over the age of eight or so ought to be able to tell the difference between right and wrong.

The biggest reason I'd shoot a thief without batting an eye, though... I'm not as young as I used to be (common thing ;) ), and am starting to know what "broken down" is like. And the type of person who'd break into an occupied house probably isn't all that familiar with the value of things, including his/her fellow human beings. Why should I have to depend on someone - who's clearly a miscreant - being more willing to take a fall and go to jail than to kill a witness and make jail far less likely? I mean... It comes down to that whole "right and wrong" thing, and you kind of have to make assumptions based on what you know about a person. With a thief, you know he's a f*cking criminal. Rather than hope that I could physically defend myself, or do so with a knife at knife-range, I'd much prefer having a tool that makes it not much of an uncertainty.

My moral code might differ a bit from the average person's, but I do have one.

Oops, @dr.h00k , sorry for the mini-rant. I suppose you're used to them by now :rolleyes: :p :laughtwo:.

Hell i agree. You come into my place, unannounced and looking for trouble....well hell, I'll be yer huckleberry! :) Im aiming towards the movement and letting led fly! I just feel that it should be understood by both parties involved that if you go rippin people off and slithering around like a snake, then bad shit is bound to happen eventually. One way or another, somebody's going to get got, and all im sayin is...it ain't gonna be me!

Don't shoot my crack dealer please.... Man he had double ups for 30.... JK

well wasn't 25-30 years ago.... I done about every drug,,, everyway you can think of.

I did live in East 'Cokeland back in the 80's.. Right off the hoestroll MaCracklin Bl. Back when East Oakland was crazy as fuck.. I was a cotton ball in a coal car... Lived there for acouple years. Never had a problem. Could've been all the bikes always parked out front all the time there tho?? Red&White country.

But all I can ever say is whatever works for ya.. I tend to agree,,, 44 in alot of gun. And is a fact I have atrofed???? Ain't smart,,, but lack of use and as in shrinking muscle mass is what I'm a saying? Wood be a thing for me too.. Been afew years since I was popping caps with a mag... I do love the Desert Eagle... I have acouple in there I haven't even shot yet.. Now that's sad..... And still buying????????

I moved to Portland 10-11 years ago and kind of had to thin my herd when I came here.... But still have my big/small game shit and afew pistols.... And I do worry,, soon you won't be able to get guns,, if some people have their ways,,,, and I'd love to be able to leave all my family a nice handgun and a good supply of shells... Just herd a sweet deal from another here about a choice little 357 6" revolver S&W... I'm looking for comps tonight... Till too much gun,,, My Desert Eagle wood snap both my wrists anymore......that's why I have acouple of these 380's around,,,, these are Walther PK380's... Nothing special decent auto's tho.

A man's better off with a revolver tho,, no mistake guns. Load and shoot.

Ground Control'''''''''

All's good I'mma hoping. If ya start another journal,,,, shoot me a kite''

Back
Top Bottom