H00k's Hillbilly Grow - Girls 2015

Been meaning to this for a long time...cold rainy day...not werkin' outside today...so...Here we go...

Background...This is my 4th grow..the first one was some sativa in my 6X8 greenhouse...not training them, led them to outgrow the structure...had meager results, but enuff to keep me interested

...................Second time move things into one of those plastic storage sructures(6X8 as well)...it was old and had holes, letting out a lot of light at night...led to quite a battle with moths and larvae...lol...finally got things sorted out and lite proof and ended up with an encouraging yield...not spectacular...but still had attention

...................Third times a charm!??...lolool...moved again to a sectioned off area of one of my out buildings approx 8X8...lite proof and lockable...passive air intake(grille on outside door) and bathroom fan exhaust...results went beyond my expectations...little better than 2#'s dried from a dozen plants...

My favorite shot from last season...beautiful cola from pineapple chunk...

SAM_0552.JPG

...That brings us to this season...Now I call this my hillbilly grow cause its all done on a shoestring with recycled parts and stuff lying around...nothing fancy...mish mash of lites...old 5 gallon pails and so on...I did spring for a couple of bathroom fans and some reflective faced 1 inch styrofoam to try and retain some heat(summers have been a cool bitch last couple years)...even soil and nutes are basic...triple blend soil and miracle gro type ferts...some may be shakin' their heads...but simple and CHEAP werk's for me...lolool...KISS THEORY!!

...nother' shot from last season...had to tie the buds up they were getting to heavy!!...

SAM_05483.JPG

Seeds...1 each of pineapple chunk, THC Bomb,and Strawberry Blue
............a few Critical Kush
............a few Cookies Kush
............a few Liberty Haze
............a few Barneys LSD
I ended up with more than I intended cause' a few seeds seemed like they weren't gonna pop...so I started a few more...Damned if they didn't show up a couple days later...giving me a total of sixteen baby's...kinda pushes the limits of my space...but...oh well!...lolool...

Method...Germinated in wet paper towels...most popped within 48 hours(props to Herbies and his suppliers)...first stop is little starter pots with a blend of cheap triple blend soil and name brand triple blend soil...progression is to 1 gallon pots...and finally in 5 gallon buckets...No nutes just water till today...7 weeks since hitting the soil...

Lights...My werk allows me the spoils of retrofits and endless supply of bulbs, so that has helped keep the cost down...any way for veg I use the following...

...Overhead...6 54 watt HO t5's(four foot)
...................4 14 watt LED bulbs
...................4 42 watt CFL bulbs

...Sidelites...8 12 watt LED tubes(4foot)...these are a trial replacing 8 32 watt t8's...

note...when I flip to 12/12 I also have 6 70 watt HPS wall mount fixtures(lens off)...told ya a mish mash!...lol...

wattage during VEG= 644 watts

wattage during flower=1064 watts

must remind wife to be energy concious in the house at this point!!...LOLOOL...

...Exhaust...2 54 CFM bathroom exhaust fans...and a 20X12 grille on outside door...

...guess that's about it for now...oh...this was actually started beginning of May...finally made some time to get this started...so I'm playing catchup!...lolool...let this adventure begin...

May 5th sprouted seeds hit the soil...

P10505191.JPG

downstairs under 2 23 watt CFL's...

P1050522.JPG

...few days later...

P10505232.JPG

...a few days more...

P10505261.JPG

...next stop 1 gallon pots...but look at nice root growth after 10 days...

P10505271.JPG
P10505281.JPG

...more room for the girlz...

P10505292.JPG

P1050530.JPG

Today I brought them outside so I could arrange their room a bit and gave them a lil haircut...got some massive fan leaves creating too much shade...debatable process, but, it's something I've done in the past without regrets...also had their first taste of nutes...a very weak mix of 15-15-15 all purpose water soluble fertilizer...

P10505531.JPG
P10505521.JPG
P1050551.JPG

...that brings us up to date...Thus far all the girlz are happy and healthy...I'm impressed the way the Critical Kush. Strawberry Blue and one of the Liberty Haze are growing...like they are pre trained!!...The Barneys LSD are bushy and quite squat and will need a booster seat to get them closer to the lights...the others will require haircuts as needed

...so all is good in my world...cept' the weather could improve...anyone wanna stop in and join this years adventure...please do...I accept all comments advice and criticism(constructive and otherwise,,,lolool) with a smile...Cheers...h00k...

Yeah Tiz....I'm impressed as well...just been well water(rested for a few days) till yesterday...hoping to flip around july 1st...weather and any unforseen probs permitting...gives me bout' a 3 week jump over last season...if I can harvest in september...will be a happy camper...weather in my neck of the woods can be volatile...specially' spring and fall(summer for that matter!!...lol)...Thanks fer stoppin' in...Cheers...h00k...

Thanks!...I am fortunate in that respect...now if I could just get more space!!...gonna have to farm out a few girlz methinks...its a jungle in their room...way too crowded...memo to self...less can be more!!...lolool...h00k...

will prolly get some more up on the weekend...will be putting them outside while I tend their house(good time for a photo op)...gotta get timers set up for the flip and a couple booster seats for the shorter girlz...and general clean up...just came in from picking out three girlz for adoption...man! that was hard!!...one gets attached to all their girlz...going to their foster home will be a Barneys LSD...Critical Kush...and a Liberty Haze...foster mom has promised loving care and I will appreciate even the lil extra room their absence will bring...already making some mental notes for next season...cheers...h00k...

Sounds killer bro I wish I had the space!
I will be building a much bigger cabinet soon and hookin up a 250w hps for flowering.

I reckon I'll use the old cab for clones and veg ay.

Cant wait for pics ay such an interesting setup man I love it.

Man!...long day...up early and 8 hours on a ladder painting...time and a half...so I guess it's good!??...gittin' too old fer this chit!...lolool...butt...I digress....

...brought the girlz outside when I got home...little trim here and there to expose more bud sites...everyone's healthy and got a drink of straight well water and a foliar mist...

...so without further adieu...few pics of the girlz...8 weeks today since they hit the dirt...

...left to right...Cookies Kush...Barney's LSD...Barney's LSD...Strawberry Blue...

P1050562.JPG

...left to right...Pineapple Chunk...Cookies Kush...Liberty Haze...Barney's LSD ...

P1050562.JPG

...left right...Liberty Haze... Liberty Haze...Cookies Kush...Cookies Kush...

P10505641.JPG

...and finally...THC Bomb...
P10505651.JPG

...and a group shot before going back indoors...

P10505671.JPG

...Smiling thus far...all is well...haven't turned exhaust fans on yet...wife opens doors while I'm at werk...daytime temps about 20+C...night time as low as 7C...temp in their house varies from 60F to 80F(old thermometer!...lolool...)...so far have only fed once with all purpose nutes...next feeding in a couple of daze will see a dilute solution of 15-30-15...

...Cheers...h00k....

Back
Top Bottom