H00ks Hillbilly Grow - Girlz 2016

HI
First of all thank you for coming to my journal.
and 2nd
ABSOLUTELY LOVELY view... I can sit on those rocks by the water forever ( if you don't mind) :circle-of-love:

Your ladies look absolutely happy sunbathing! :icon_cool
The buds/colas are amazing :thumb:

Just read your journal from start to finish. Nice looking plants, and beautiful scenery. Makes me feel bad about not even getting my hook wet this year but I can't exactly throw a rock into the water from my front porch, lol - and you can't really eat what you catch around here any more anyway, kind of takes the fun out of it when no matter how many you catch, you're still hungry.

Are those little screw-in LED critters still working? Do you think they'd make decent seedling lights? I like the idea of being able to hang a socket vertically instead of having to go horizontal and fab up a reflector like I would (feel that I should be doing ;) ) with a CFL bulb. If you're still liking them, can you PM me a link? I don't know if you remember my old HM email address.

dr.h00k said:
...4 inch inline carbon scrubber(bit of a story here...might address it later)

I didn't see anything about it. Or did I miss it? I might have skimmed a post or two, getting ready to go for a walk and see if the local pizza joint pitched any pizzas, think it closed about ten minutes ago and if there's anything there and I wait too long it'll be nasty (or will have been snagged by four-toothed Eddy).

I had another question but, fook, you know how it goes... Oh, now I remember. You mentioned Pineapple Chunk, IIRC. I think I might have a seed or two left, and if I do, one of them is probably a PC. Can you give me the short version of a grow report? Smoke report, too, if you like. I've heard it can put off quite an odor whilst growing - but does it scream "cannabis" or maybe more like someone just uses to much air freshener, lol?

Wow, your temperatures early in June... I'd have happily traded you. It was mid 90s here from then until... well, we've had a little mid to upper 80s break for a couple of days, but it looks like back up to 90 Tuesday and then a little warmer. When it's 90°F outside, it can hit 102°F inside - and that's with any grow lights shut off :rolleyes3 . Couple days of that and it seems like the shack doesn't get to cool off enough at night... and we've had about three months of it this year. I'd be sleeping on the front porch, but the bugs eat me up and all the local stray cats come over hoping to get adopted, lol. Already let two come in and make themselves at home after I saw that one was just about starved to death (her eyes had started looking yellowish) and the other - a couple weeks after someone thought it'd be funny to pull(?) all his whiskers out - showed up with his tail almost completely torn off, sh!tting blood, and looking like someone had worked him over with a baseball bat or a pair of steel-toed boots. Knowing how he felt (well not the tail part - and I've only p!ssed blood from a beating, but...), I borrowed enough money from two different people to go let the vet play surgeon. But two is my limit! Every time I walk outside six or more cats wander over, I guess because I make pleasant noises at them and pet them instead of shouting and beating, but... <SIGH> You'd think I could just let 'em in to take a look at my pantry and refrigerator and they'd take off and come back dragging rabbits and squirrels for me, but it doesn't work like that. Little sh!ts, anyway. I walked to the grocery store the other day because I needed groceries, remembered that I needed cat food too... and walked out of there with a bag of cat food over my shoulder and a 50¢ loaf of bread. It's probably a good thing that there isn't any white meat on a cat.

Just rambling. Figured you'd expect it ;) ....

Hey TS...kinda thought you might drop by...and of course I expected rambling...kinda an unwritten rule with you isn't it!??...LOLOOL
Those little led's would make great seedling lights IMO...light seems decent and they don't throw much heat...I might very well use them in the spring...not sure about a link...will have to check my amazon history...
not sure what I was referring to about the scrubber...butt...I sure like it!...no more skunk living under the shed explanations...lolool...
Pineapple Chunk is prolly one of my #1 plants to grow...great yields(10 inch fat cola's) at a reasonable height...4 footish...great indica smoke...I can't say it smelled like pineapple...just your usual dank...the only previous strains I've grown with a noticeable different fragrance was Strawberry Blue...just loved the smell of that one...
Weather here can always be a challenge...I've not seen humidity levels like this year...even this morning...98% at 8 a.m... and a forecast 90 F with humidex this afternoon...and 2 days ago a 38F overnight low...

Should be starting to harvest this week...update with some pics will be forthcoming...Cheerz!...h00k...

Mornin Hook.
Man I read through this here journal last night. I tried the indoor\outdoor lighting. Bugs effed me, I just kept bringing them in. Some beauties you got there for what you got goin on.
I bought a couple of those lil leds just like you got there. I even got a couple 54 watters. Those make great seedling lights, Lemme tellya. I had six of them in a 2x2x2 closey grow with virtually no cooling apparatus. Worked the nuts for seedlings up to 10 inches or so. Vigorous growth for two weeks or so. Maybe more I moved into an entire room and got big lights before I could find out. But I use them in my veg room now. Side lighting.
Looks like I am a lil late to this here grow and we will have some dynamite smoke n a coupla days. Lookin forward to it.
Til then gitcha a rip o'this here Pineapple Chunk. :passitleft:
Okay man I will be around and looks like we may have quite a bit to talk about soon.......... To be continued

Later Bud

Good evening!...well today the harvest started...at day 68 since flip...only did three...gonna spread it out over a few daze...one tangerine dream and two Doc Krips incredible bulks...kinda gonna be the plan for the next few daze...I'm retired now...no point werkin' up a sweat!...lolool...speaking of which...still crazy humidity here...very sticky here today...unusual for this time of year...so... a few pic's...

...temp/RH at noon today...felt much hotter..
P10509452.JPG

...preparing the barber shop...a little off the top?...nope take it all off!!...lolool...
P10509431.JPG

...first customer...TG...
P10509442.JPG

...second... Krip#1...
P10509461.JPG

...third...Krip #2...
P10509492.JPG

...some nice Krip nugs...
P10509472.JPG

...Buds have been put in paper bags according to strain...popcorn and sugar leaf, all in one...the paper bag method is my preferred method of drying...I will be keeping them in the house where the RH is more stable/lower unless things settle down outside...resisted the urge to weigh wet!...who cares...dry is what matters...I will be updating more over the next few daze, as the job progresses...Everyone have a Great Evening...Cheerz...h00k...

My sympathies on the humidity. I hope you do not have mold issues.

Me Too!...all fans and scrubber...full ahead full!!...should be OK...dehummer turns on at lites out to keep the overnight under control...play on/off game during the day...ole skool unit...no circuit boards ...but does generate significant heat...cheerz...h00k...

ole skool unit...no circuit boards ...but does generate significant heat.

I'll say. I ended up with one that Dad brought home (was being used on an industrial construction site and "got broke," so he pulled it out of the pile) and repaired back in 1978. It's like a 3'x3'x3' cube and like to killed me bringing it up the stairs (no plastic in that SoB). Plugged it in and my lights went dim, lol. Turned off & unplugged a bunch of stuff and tried again. Thought, "This beast ought to pull all kinds of moisture out of the air. Since it's too ^$#&ing muggy to have the windows open today, I'll just let it run and it'll make me feel more comfortable." Woke up from my nap wondering if someone had snuck in, dodged the booby traps, and turned my furnace on. IDK how much moisture it pulled out of the air, but I probably sweat enough to replace it.

I knew they produced heat (since I do realize how they - and a/c - work), but I wondered if something was messed up in it because this was a little worse than I ever expected. Called Mom and asked if she noticed it producing more heat than it should. "Oh, sure, if you run it for a few hours, it'll make it warm enough that you'll open the windows and let all the humidity right back in. But don't worry, you won't run it after you see what it does to your electric bill."

Right now... I'm wondering how much MacGuyvering it'd take to turn it into a redneck air conditioner. Why... I could just unplug all the lights, the refrigerator, the sump pump, the fan, and anything else I can think of, and charge my laptop - and phone - somewhere else. Hmm. On second thought, I wonder what it'd be worth on Craigslist, lol?

...prolly no more than the 20 bucks I paid for it!...lolool...thats like what... 2 bucks US!??...LOLOOL...I've become a slave to the Man TS...it's a burden to bear...but I'm comfortable while doin' it...and WTF... by the way!??...Yer journal stopped mid August...what happened?...cheerz...h00k..

$1 US is currently worth $1.29 CA. Fookin' Trump or Clinton is going to be in the White House, your country's economy must really be in the sh!tter, lol, when I checked I figured a loonie would be worth at least ten bucks US. Guess maybe that'll happen after the election.

and WTF... by the way!??...Yer journal stopped mid August...what happened?...cheerz...h00k..

Oh geeze, yeah... Freaking space I got to do it it, the building is infested with some kind of white worms, larvae, IDK but they must reproduce about 5,000/day because I killed over 100 just getting to the space. I decided to take my rifle/shotgun/pistol over to Mom's house and lock them up ("Better safe than sorry," says the paranoia) and just do it here where I can at least get to it without a long walk. But it's currently... (checks thermometer) 93°F in here, and that's without a big honkin' intense LED panel running. Cooling down outside now (a little) but it takes forever after I open the windows to have much effect inside. The grow ought to be... interesting (you probably remember reading about my home's electrical situation in threads back at the 'H00D ), but... I'm currently nursing two miserable-looking baby seedlings - one Kali Mist (Serious Seeds) and one Jack Herer (Sensi Seeds). I have tentative plans to restart the journal - or maybe to just post a link to a new one in it - this coming Sunday evening. Assuming I don't get hit by a bus before then, as Pop used to say. I started pulling off some wallpaper that looks to be older than I am and the walls turned out to be in really poor shape under it (explains why a PO put up wallpaper there when the rest of the house is painted :rolleyes3 ), and I cannot afford to get patching material and primer. So I will be using that "metalized bubble-wrap sandwich" crap that seems to be a common substitute for good flat white paint. I'm thinking (strongly) about trying to sprout another strain, something with indica in it, bad as I hate indica. I have one or two seeds left, just Barney's Farm freebies. If I get one to go and it does fine and doesn't spray pollen all over my two good strains then I'll have something to give my brother and a couple other people who are in dire need of something for medicinal purposes. And, well... I'm not in the best of shape these days, either. Not just mentally any more (lol). Guess we're all getting older.

Wish me luck!

I DO wish you luck!...none of us are getting younger...prolly a #1 reason, so many of the ole crew have moved on or removed themselves from forum's...for what its worth...always liked Yer posts...admittedly...some times took some second day reflection!...lolool......Cheerz ...I let Trigs...CK...Buick know Yer still alive and well and wished them well from you...h00k...

I DO wish you luck!

Appreciate it.

none of us are getting younger.

Everyone gets old. If they're lucky, I suppose...

prolly a #1 reason, so many of the ole crew have moved on or removed themselves from forum's.

That's one reason (among many) that I always liked it here. A cannabis-related forum appeals to the "young bucks" - but also has things that are of interest to those who are older. I'm sure that there are more than a few members who pretty much ignored the medicinal-use sections here when they joined years ago, but then as time passed and they grew older, they began to see the merits of such knowledge.

for what its worth...always liked Yer posts.

You are very kind.

admittedly...some times took some second day reflection!

...and wise ;) .

I let Trigs...CK...Buick know Yer still alive and well and wished them well from you.

Thank you, my brother. I miss interacting with everyone. Even, oddly enough, those who annoyed me from time to time (and who I probably annoyed most of the time). Tell them ol' S said, "Stay cool - and be well."

Back
Top Bottom