H00ks Hillbilly Grow - Girlz 2016

Yo H00k!
Great read. :high-five:
The scenery in your pics were calming.:Namaste:
Late as usual, but congrats on the awesome harvest!
I enjoyed the conversational vibe of your journal. :passitleft:
Be sure to let me know when you begin your next journey.
Curious about the RQ critical and how she was to grow/ smoke. I got 3 of them in solos. ;)
:clap:

Hey Stage!...thanks for stopping by and taking time to read thru...I am blessed with a great view...and relative privacy...although it can get hectic at times in summer (cottage country)...thats why I invested in a decent carbon scrubber...winters can be long and cold...hence the 1 grow per year...as for the RQCK...I really didn't give her much care or training...she and a couple others kinda got trapped at the back in 10 gal pots and got too friendly with each other, so that moving them around was a PITA...so the yield suffered...she was mixed with the meager yield from GWS, and as yet we have not sampled(although smells quite nice)...I'm sure with care...good lights...and of course a life in DBHB would produce significant results...I'm so still on the fence bout' strolling down the brix path...lil concerned on letting it overwinter at -30F temps and reviving it in the spring...I'll have to chat with Doc about it more over the winter whilst enjoying a cerveza and sub standard puff in Mexico...lolool...following Yer' journal...Yer' rockin' it!...Cheerz!...h00k...

I'm so still on the fence bout' strolling down the brix path...lil concerned on letting it overwinter at -30F temps and reviving it in the spring...I'll have to chat with Doc about it more over the winter whilst enjoying a cerveza and sub standard puff in Mexico...lolool...following Yer' journal...Yer' rockin' it!...Cheerz!...h00k...

I don't know from nuthin' where soil is concerned. But how deep is your frost line? Could you... dig a basement for your shed, lol? I guess it might work better if you could also add a cold-air vent downwards out of it, but I guess that's unlikely if you're at sea level.

Do you shut your heat completely off in your house when you go on vacation, or leave it on at a low level? Would it be feasible to move it inside to overwinter?

BtW, when do you head south? I can't remember - do you spend any time in the States or just go straight to Mexico?

Frost line can vary from 2 to 4 feet, depending on snow coverage and temps...been on the lake over 30 years and I've yet to see it not freeze over...typically, by February, ice fisherman are driving their rigs on the ice...it would be feasible to move the dirt inside...except that would mean a lot of work and reorganizing in the house to accommodate it...while I'm not lazy...I don't look for extra work...lolool...mid January till the end of March usually lets us miss the worst weather and after 76 days...travel insurance premiums get crazy...use to drive 8 hours and fly out of the States...but the cost of a hotel on either end pretty much negates the savings on flights...

...Hey AB!...good to see Ya' stop by...I'm always checking your garden...just in and out like a ninja...lolool...Cheerz...h00k...

just thought I 'd drop in see how ya doin. I see you over at my place alla time. Later man. Mexico ?

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Heya Hook,
Didn't know where to park a little Merry Christmas for you so I did it here and hope you get it. Merry Christmas Bud and I hope things are well for you.

Update time...been fishin'!...remarkable few daze...reconnection with a couple buds who I have fished with for about 40 years...haven't ate so much red meat lake trout in years...battered...Mojakka(fish head stew)...and salt fish curing as I type...butt...I digress...

...today was a feeding day and a major hair cut for all the girlz...could have done more...but had company coming over...without further adieu..some pics...usual routine...five outside...the rest inside...

P10509331.JPG

P10509281.JPG

P10509271.JPG

P10509291.JPG

P10509322.JPG

addendum...Great White Shark is more like Great White Minnow...butt shes tryin'

P10509302.JPG

...hope everyone has a great week!...prolly gonna start siding the girlz shed this week...unless I go fishin' again...retirement is feeling very good...lolool...cheerz...hook...

Dam lookn nice kinda late for the start lol but I'm in 2 c hw these babies end up looks like u really know ur stuff very gud lookn ladies u got now I'm off to catch up with the rest of this journal lol

Good evening!...well today the harvest started...at day 68 since flip...only did three...gonna spread it out over a few daze...one tangerine dream and two Doc Krips incredible bulks...kinda gonna be the plan for the next few daze...I'm retired now...no point werkin' up a sweat!...lolool...speaking of which...still crazy humidity here...very sticky here today...unusual for this time of year...so... a few pic's...

...temp/RH at noon today...felt much hotter..
P10509452.JPG

...preparing the barber shop...a little off the top?...nope take it all off!!...lolool...
P10509431.JPG

...first customer...TG...
P10509442.JPG

...second... Krip#1...
P10509461.JPG

...third...Krip #2...
P10509492.JPG

...some nice Krip nugs...
P10509472.JPG

...Buds have been put in paper bags according to strain...popcorn and sugar leaf, all in one...the paper bag method is my preferred method of drying...I will be keeping them in the house where the RH is more stable/lower unless things settle down outside...resisted the urge to weigh wet!...who cares...dry is what matters...I will be updating more over the next few daze, as the job progresses...Everyone have a Great Evening...Cheerz...h00k...

As I expected lol looks great hook very gud job I hope to get my skill level up there where urs is at lol then I'll be happy for sure no way u cudnt be grown meds like tht hahaha :thumb: N :Namaste:

Hey dr hook.
Glad i found this grow.
Rather late than never??
You definitely seem to know what u up too!!! Like blazingjones said off to read from the start..
Thanks.

a friend in need is a friend in deed!!! a friend with weed is better!!

Back
Top Bottom