H00k's Not So Hillbilly This Time Grow - Girlz 2017

See also: root cellar ;) .

The streetlights are still burnt out in da hood....

So...another sign on Saturday that it was time to shut the grow shed down...
P10607242.JPG
...:surrender:...:rofl:...the last 2 girlz were chopped Sat. afternoon...:cheer:
...the snow has melted, but now it's flippin' cold(minus 14C tonight)...had shut everything down, but yesterday fired up a few HPS's and the little heater and put girl bags out there to dry...too damn stinky to do in the basement!...That OE has got powerful stench to her!...a slight bit of skunk and an overwhelming something else I can't put my finger on??...totally different from anything else I've grown...not unpleasant...just different...
...have some pics from Saturday...not the best...had to use a fall back camera...regular one needed a recharge and my phone totally died...kaput...gone to cellphone heaven/hell...we were due for a new one anyway, but kinda sucks cause it did take some good pics with the macro attachment, plus I was gonna make it my Maz only phone...oh well...

...Sugar Loaf...
IMG_159228.JPG

IMG_159432.JPG

P10607121.JPG

...Orient Express...

P10607112.JPG

P10607212.JPG

P10607222.JPG

...You can see they were quite thirsty and starting to consume themselves...I used a couple more bags to expedite the drying process...room was 60F and 39RH...well after lights out this morning...should be dry enough by Wed., maybe even later tomorrow...
...My sister just messaged me...she's in the stand till dark or sooner if lucky!...lots coming in last evening...but nothing worth shooting...does, fawns, and one small spike buck...there was a 6 point that showed up briefly...but stayed out of range(crossbow)...If I didn't like having freezers full of meat...this could be another COLD weather activity I could give up...:rofl:...

Have a great evening Ya'll...will post again when I get some final weights and girlz in jars...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

So...another sign on Saturday that it was time to shut the grow shed down...
P10607242.JPG
...:surrender:...:rofl:...the last 2 girlz were chopped Sat. afternoon...:cheer:
...the snow has melted, but now it's flippin' cold(minus 14C tonight)...had shut everything down, but yesterday fired up a few HPS's and the little heater and put girl bags out there to dry...too damn stinky to do in the basement!...That OE has got powerful stench to her!...a slight bit of skunk and an overwhelming something else I can't put my finger on??...totally different from anything else I've grown...not unpleasant...just different...
...have some pics from Saturday...not the best...had to use a fall back camera...regular one needed a recharge and my phone totally died...kaput...gone to cellphone heaven/hell...we were due for a new one anyway, but kinda sucks cause it did take some good pics with the macro attachment, plus I was gonna make it my Maz only phone...oh well...

...Sugar Loaf...
IMG_159228.JPG

IMG_159432.JPG

P10607121.JPG

...Orient Express...

P10607112.JPG

P10607212.JPG

P10607222.JPG

...You can see they were quite thirsty and starting to consume themselves...I used a couple more bags to expedite the drying process...room was 60F and 39RH...well after lights out this morning...should be dry enough by Wed., maybe even later tomorrow...
...My sister just messaged me...she's in the stand till dark or sooner if lucky!...lots coming in last evening...but nothing worth shooting...does, fawns, and one small spike buck...there was a 6 point that showed up briefly...but stayed out of range(crossbow)...If I didn't like having freezers full of meat...this could be another COLD weather activity I could give up...:rofl:...

Have a great evening Ya'll...will post again when I get some final weights and girlz in jars...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Hey Hook,...top of the day to ya. Nice harvest bud!:thumb: That white stuff...go away...bahhh!
Yes, i love venison...and it ships well too!:grinjoint:
Love your property too eh! your sis...she hunts? Wow...cool Hook!:high-five:

That colder weather should get them bucks moving around and get ya one hanging in the tree. Crossbow huh? I love them things. Is it considered a primitive weapon there? GL on filling the freezer and Keepem Green

Congrats on some nice plants Hook! You'll fill the freezer you still have lots of time.

...Thanks...just got back from my sister's...she got an eight pointer...she stayed in the stand for another 45 minutes, hoping for a 12 pointer that we've seen on the cams

Looks like you won the BLUE RIBBON 1ST PLACE
:goodjob::thumb::high-five::bravo

......HEHEHE...good eye...part of my grandsons 19th birthday card...went out down the road for a burger and a LEGAL beer...
:goodjob::thumb::high-five::bravo

That colder weather should get them bucks moving around and get ya one hanging in the tree. Crossbow huh? I love them things. Is it considered a primitive weapon there? GL on filling the freezer and Keepem Green

Yeah...they're moving pretty good now...even starting to see them during the day...yes, a primitive weapon...season opens a couple weeks ahead of gun hunting...however...due to great number of deer within city limits, there is a controlled archery only hunt on semi rural private property within city limits...my sister and bro in law happen to be friends with an ole' codger who has resisted urban sprawl and still holds a 130 acres within city limits...and it has been a gold mine!...9 respectable bucks thus far...so I go to the city to hunt...:jawdropper::rofl:, and we're the only ones allowed to hunt there...hehehe...

Hey Hook,...top of the day to ya. Nice harvest bud!:thumb: That white stuff...go away...bahhh!
Yes, i love venison...and it ships well too!:grinjoint:
Love your property too eh! your sis...she hunts? Wow...cool Hook!:high-five:

...Same to you Bud...yeah finally done!...I'm with Ya' on the snow and cold...got no use for it anymore...unless I gotta chill a couple Bevvies quickly...:rofl:...we almost sold back when the kids were young...we're only 10 miles outta' town...but when Yer' going in and out 3 or 4 times a day...it was becoming tiresome...we stuck it out tho' and they started driving and thankfully I can still go outside and take a pee if I feel like it!...:rofl:...My sis(14 years my junior) used to not even be able to put a worm on a hook...was a jock till she blew a knee out in a downhill race tumble...met my bro in law who is an avid hunter/fisherman...fell in love and adapted...now she's leading in bucks down and a force on the water as well...go figger!??...:hmmmm:

Way cool man. regards

...Gracias Amigo...

...Forking Time change!...I'm wiped out...who wuddathunk' an hour could throw such a wrench in your routine...reminds me of meme I used to post in the fall and the spring...When Daylight Saving was explained to an old Indian Chief, he responded..."Only the government would think to tell you that if you cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sewed it onto the bottom, You would have a longer blanket"...:hmmmm::rofl:...

...Cheerz everyone...h00k...:hookah:

...Gracias Amigo...

...Forking Time change!...I'm wiped out...who wuddathunk' an hour could throw such a wrench in your routine...reminds me of meme I used to post in the fall and the spring...When Daylight Saving was explained to an old Indian Chief, he responded..."Only the government would think to tell you that if you cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sewed it onto the bottom, You would have a longer blanket"...:hmmmm::rofl:...

...Cheerz everyone...h00k...:hookah:

Yup the Chief sees through the bull.

Had a owner of a company I worked for tell me once if I did not
have enough time to get the job done I need to reorganize my day,
Really 8hrs is 8hrs now matter how I cut it up, Nearly lost it

It's probably for the best that you didn't. Every time I tell a boss what a complete f*cking moron he/she is for failing to understand even the most basic tenets of reality...

I have to find a new boss. And this is turning out to be a young person's sport.

It's probably for the best that you didn't. Every time I tell a boss what a complete f*cking moron he/she is for failing to understand even the most basic tenets of reality...

I have to find a new boss. And this is turning out to be a young person's sport.

hehehe...If I had to hire someone...you would be at the top of the list...always luv's Yer perspective...still haven't heard from Buick...street lights still out...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

It's kind of sad but, is the golden rule.... I was a contractor for years. Even after I broke my fool neck. But I always paid help, work 1/2 days, 2-5 hours, or a full day, 5+ up till complete if a reasonable hour. Under 12 hours anyways. But if was a long week and we made some monies I'd kick a bonus.

Hunting in town,,,, sounds cool. Them deer populations can go crazy real fast. I use to hunt this thicket surrounded by hunting culbs. Gun season you could hunt dogs. Opening day, they cut the dogs loose from these high dollar deer clubhouses. Every deer knew where that thicket was on my Grandmas place.. 200 hundred acres, along with the fence and trespassing signage.

I remeber one year back in Arkansas we had a bad winter. I mean bad. All the ground cover was totally gone and they were starving to death. 95 pound 3-4 year bucks.. Well,, getting in trouble like I was prone to back then,, I ended up with abit of community services to do. A family friend worked with Arkansas Game and Fish. He asked me to give hime a hand going into a Wildlife Management Area and drop trees to open the light into the deeper woods. I'd drop a tree and deer wood be eating the leafage while I was still bucking the tree.

Well even if ya don't fill the deep freeze,,,,, you always have full stash jars to ease the pain with... GL and hope you strap one on the hood... Keepem Green

hehehe...If I had to hire someone...you would be at the top of the list...always luv's Yer perspective.

You and Rtoo, lol. I could work for you, and he'd buy my book. Only I never managed to get published; and the only things I have documented experience at doing ruined my health. Other than cannabis, of course - and it looks like you have a handle on that. Besides, I must be slipping there... Decided to trim a little mess of the bottom and had a little accident. I mean... I know that little bud didn't jump in front of the razor blade, and I probably didn't cut it off on purpose.

.still haven't heard from Buick.

I continue to find the fact that the horse isn't on top of that to be worrisome. I hope he's just covered up in work - instead of several feet of soil.

street lights still out.

Yeah, I know. I check just about every time I pass by the computer :icon_roll . First Internet forum I ever got invited to join, lol.

I've been wanting to post a request for information about cheap customizable wireless routers there. IDK why, come to think about it, since it's looking like maybe half a dozen people would see the thread in a month. (I guess it has become a victim of interest drift?) Small house and only a ¼-acre or so of property, but it's built like a Faraday cage.

Do we have a computer-related section in the off-topic area here? If so, I could ask for suggestions in it. Hadn't thought to even check until now.

Heated the oven up to 150°F so I could stick the little chunk of larf into it for five minutes at a time to quick-ruin err dry it, then I forgot to pull the chunk out before I went for a walk. Returned and noticed that my kitchen smelled good, at least :rolleyes3 . Still a couple, three... four, IDFK weeks from being ready - but maybe it'll help me sleep. Or help me forget that I should be sleeping....

BRRRRRRR!!!...Frikken cold out...Today A mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 early this afternoon. High minus 9.
Tonight A few clouds. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light this evening. Low minus 19. Wind chill minus 27.!!!....
...it is supposed to warm up some in a couple days, but then maybe snow...tis' the season...and since misery loves company...I'm sending some down your way Duggs...should be there tonight/tomorrow...:rofl:

...So yesterday morning brought the bags in from the shed, and man were they dry!...got them weighed and jarred...OE came in at 4 zips(I kinda thought it would be a lil' more)...the SL at 2.1...so...the grand total for 11 plants was 35.8 oz.'s...considering that four or five were relatively small...not too shabby...my best effort to date...I'm quite happy with that...

...Dunno' if I'm gonna' head to the stand shortly or not??...still -18C with windchill...was a little worried how dry the herb was when I brought it in, but an overnight in the jars with a couple bovedas, and everything's cool...

P10607292.JPG

...TGIF tomorrow fella's...:cheer:...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom