5aca7a3a9a4db2f2af4dee38f2a7f7d1.jpg
bd473c7a6fed052b01a767825b5cd696.jpg
6522ab1380393e118ba9ed4b5d4a2f3c.jpg

Is this bud rot
e8433f3a8d4b0ff8401d7d0423317b91.jpg
5aca7a3a9a4db2f2af4dee38f2a7f7d1.jpg
bd473c7a6fed052b01a767825b5cd696.jpg
6522ab1380393e118ba9ed4b5d4a2f3c.jpg

No , no "bud rot" visible but these buds or colas have suffered the last few weeks of bloom , correct. Bud rot will appear as kind of a 'mush' brown areas in the bud. The bud leaves are showing ill health during the least many weeks.I would harvest these colas very soon as bud rot can start on these buds at any time because of the dead single bladed leaves in the buds. They still will taste and smoke great , so no worries OK! Cheers to ya 95!

Thanks fella's...this almost slipped by me...haveing too much fun in Meh He Co!...finally!...missus h00k was down with the flu for 10 days...FFS!...

here's a smidge of info for Ya' jdubs...

...Botrytis usually first attacks marijuana plants from the inside of the thick buds a few weeks before harvest. Because the infection begins near the stem, it can be difficult to detect until it has become well established. Often the first telltale sign of Botrytis is a single leaf protruding from the kola beginning to wither and dry out. Botrytis can be spotted by bending larger kola slightly to reveal the interior of the bud and stem. If your buds are infected you will see either a gray, white, or blue-green mold with hairs growing on the inside of the bud. In wet and humid conditions this will turn the bud to slime. In dryer climates the affects of botrytis appear brown or rust colored and will crumple when touched.

Botrytis can also attack leaves, stems, and seedlings causing damping off. It should be noted that even dried and stored marijuana is not safe from botrytis and should be inspected regularly. If an outbreak is left unchecked, botrytis can spread to all of your plants and entirely destroy your garden in as little as a week....

I've never encountered it personally,so I don't wanna say yay or nay...but...I trust my esteemed colleagues who have chimed in here and trust their opinions...I dug up a couple pics from the mag for Ya' as well...

20141104_1038141.jpg

100_26912.JPG

100_268311.JPG

...thanks for dropping by with the ?...as you can see we have each others backs...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:...

P10607532.JPG

P1050721_1_.JPG

...second floor...far left. turquoise umbrella...Mi Casa for another nine weeks...hasta luego...

No , no "bud rot" visible but these buds or colas have suffered the last few weeks of bloom , correct. Bud rot will appear as kind of a 'mush' brown areas in the bud. The bud leaves are showing ill health during the least many weeks.I would harvest these colas very soon as bud rot can start on these buds at any time because of the dead single bladed leaves in the buds. They still will taste and smoke great , so no worries OK! Cheers to ya 95!

Thanks for the advice so no need to chop off the brown areas of the bud before smoking or using for cannna butter

Thanks fella's...this almost slipped by me...haveing too much fun in Meh He Co!...finally!...missus h00k was down with the flu for 10 days...FFS!...

here's a smidge of info for Ya' jdubs...

...Botrytis usually first attacks marijuana plants from the inside of the thick buds a few weeks before harvest. Because the infection begins near the stem, it can be difficult to detect until it has become well established. Often the first telltale sign of Botrytis is a single leaf protruding from the kola beginning to wither and dry out. Botrytis can be spotted by bending larger kola slightly to reveal the interior of the bud and stem. If your buds are infected you will see either a gray, white, or blue-green mold with hairs growing on the inside of the bud. In wet and humid conditions this will turn the bud to slime. In dryer climates the affects of botrytis appear brown or rust colored and will crumple when touched.

Botrytis can also attack leaves, stems, and seedlings causing damping off. It should be noted that even dried and stored marijuana is not safe from botrytis and should be inspected regularly. If an outbreak is left unchecked, botrytis can spread to all of your plants and entirely destroy your garden in as little as a week....

I've never encountered it personally,so I don't wanna say yay or nay...but...I trust my esteemed colleagues who have chimed in here and trust their opinions...I dug up a couple pics from the mag for Ya' as well...

20141104_1038141.jpg

100_26912.JPG

100_268311.JPG

...thanks for dropping by with the ?...as you can see we have each others backs...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:...

P10607532.JPG

P1050721_1_.JPG

...second floor...far left. turquoise umbrella...Mi Casa for another nine weeks...hasta luego...

Thanks for the helping hand but as far as I can think and see
7ed8de4b031347e7cdc9bf51600130cd.jpg
be1f93a951cb4e2797f5af94fad9a85d.jpg
bcb615fb01a926ed156fa2bff3affa83.jpg
117af3231248ec728c1f55d38a8ebb02.jpg
240cc2693008f179d47d7d98ba066ed9.jpg
yes the bud is brown but yet still soft as it's still wet but I have failed to see any"mold" as in white powerdy mildew

Well they are a funky color for sure!...if you can't see any mold or if the brown isn't crumbly, you should be good to go...or if you have enough supply, you could err on the side of caution and perhaps make a tincture with everclear or 151...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

dr.h00k, you da man!!!

Re Jdub95's discolored buds: No evidence of caterpillars (bodies/feces/etc.), I assume? I had a plant like that a few years ago... Started out on/near the top, causing me to wonder if it was the light. Didn't really seem like burning - and certainly not bleaching - but the tops were going kind of crunchy. I started wondering if it was the effect of a long-term magnesium deficiency (hadn't been supplementing much or very regularly, and my water has a lot of calcium in it), or perhaps something caused by trying to grow blind (no pH monitoring) and perhaps causing some kind of nutrient lockout. Was annoying to see it on the leaves, but there were lots of those ;) . Then it started budding and I noticed the same thing, to a lesser extent. Constantly thought about tossing it and scrubbing down... But it just never felt - or really looked - like mold, and the end was in sight, so... I grew it for a friend, and he was happy. So... IDK, lol?

I once read that spraying straight 3% (consumer grade) H₂O₂ onto porous surfaces and letting it sit for 10-15 minutes would kill mold and mold spores, and that one could add a little vinegar "to make it stronger" if they wished. I think this stuck in the ol' brain as a cleaning strategy if I ever ended up with mold in the grow space. But I wonder, now, if one could simply pour a few bottles of hydrogen peroxide (always wondered why that wasn't called dihydrogen dioxide... :rolleyes3 ) and maybe a shot or two of vinegar to make it smell good ( ;) ), and soak any moldy buds in it for 15 minutes to kill the stuff? Trouble is, with my lungs I'd never be the guinea pig on that one (and couldn't really recommend anyone else try consuming such "washed" bud, either).

High H00k....have one on me man. :passitleft:
You got the best view in da place. ;)

High H00k....have one on me man. :passitleft:
You got the best view in da place. ;)

Thank You Sir!...:cool:;)...I'd offer you some of what we get here in Maz, but don't wanna offend you...:rofl:...while it is better than past years, it lacks the love that our homegrown produce presents...was just over at Yer' place...those two girlz in the flower tent...:jawdropper:...drop dead gorgeous!!...:thumb::high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

I'd offer you some of what we get here in Maz, but don't wanna offend you...:rofl:...while it is better than past years, it lacks the love that our homegrown produce presents.

Mazatlán? I read that El Faro uses a 1,000-watt bulb - maybe you ought to sneak up there and drop a few seeds between the lamp and the Fresnel lens, lol?

Dental work holding up, I assume?

BtW, no word on when el caballo maravilla is going to relaunch? It'd be nice to have the ability to invite... err... "-" to come join 420 Magazine. Not to mention do a little yackkng with the robot, the mythological flying reptile, the... Well, I'm all out of creative descriptions, but you get the picture....

Lysol helps kill mold and spores off just about anything. Cept the plants? Who knows. But I like to spray down my tents and flower room with it, well they are empty .. Which is never damn near...
Just a drive-by.
Keepem Green

hehehe @ TS...actually no seeds!?...:thedoubletake::laughtwo:

No seeds in a bag of Mexican? WtF is the world coming to, lol? I once bought a lid of it just for the seeds.

tooth is good.

:thumb:

..no word from the horse.

Somehow, I managed to forget about ROTTEN™, Buick, and the rest. And, err... peckerhead.

Geeze... Now I'm missing television ;) . But, regardless of movie titles, ya just can't go back to da Future, lolol.

Lack of sleep can provide its own buzz, it seems....

Just an FYI...experiencing computer problems...like as in DEAD...not sure if it will be fixed down here...I'm thinking likely not...still following the journals I'm subbed to as best I can using a cheap tablet...I find rather tedious and hard on the eyes...going from 17i" screen to 7" ...:rofl:...some other things going on that leaves 2018 less than desirable so far...life sucks sometimes, but is still better than the alternative I suppose!?...:rofl:...hasta luego...cheers...h00k...:hookah:...

Hey there Doc... you aren't missin too much. A lot of folks have harvested winter crops and in VEG now... well not everyone but a lot of folks.

Go down to the beach and go for a walk and take your friend MJ with ya... we will be here when you get back... brrrrrrr!

Record warm today in Philly 65F - snow in forecast for Saturday... so yer prolly missing out on some mud and brown snow up your way. I'm thinking you're going to make due... sorry to hear you lost your puter... hate when that happens.

Back
Top Bottom