H1gherD1mensionz 2nd Microgrow: Gelato Auto

Thank you @Bill284 and yes she definitely wants to go longer for sure but due to plans I have to play it on the safer side and guarantee a good harvest vs a better one with bigger fail points as a week is a long time to be away away from a finishing plant in a tiny pot. And to be fair, the colour balance is off and isn't showing the orange hairs, especially the frosty ones. I'd say its about 50/50. I'll see if I can get a good close up of the hairs once the lights come back on.

Thank you @Bill284 and yes she definitely wants to go longer for sure but due to plans I have to play it on the safer side and guarantee a good harvest vs a better one with bigger fail points as a week is a long time to be away away from a finishing plant in a tiny pot. And to be fair, the colour balance is off and isn't showing the orange hairs, especially the frosty ones. I'd say its about 50/50. I'll see if I can get a good close up of the hairs once the lights come back on.
Do what you have to my friend.
Life doesn't run on the same schedule as our ladies i understand.
Bill

Day 97 (Week 10 flower)

3 more days left to her demise (ascension) and I noticed two fat nanners on the lowest part of the pictured cola which I promptly applied a water droplet and plucked it. The lack of watering and feed has definitely got her stressing.

@Bill284 here are somewhat better close ups showing orange hairs:

IMG_20210705_2013359632221.jpg

IMG_20210705_2011161681.jpg

Day 97 (Week 10 flower)

3 more days left to her demise (ascension) and I noticed two fat nanners on the lowest part of the pictured cola which I promptly applied a water droplet and plucked it. The lack of watering and feed has definitely got her stressing.

@Bill284 here are somewhat better close ups showing orange hairs:

IMG_20210705_2013359632221.jpg

IMG_20210705_2011161681.jpg
Beautiful. :adore:
Bill

Day 100!

Chop day! Not much fade in the plant she was resilient til the end. I'm using the same tent and I'm hanging the plant whole for a slow dry. I'm hoping for about 7-9 days drying to fit into my schedule. The environment is steady at 23C, 60 rH with one fan on the bottom corner, one on the top for air circulation making sure they don't blow on the buds directly.

IMG_20210709_0250507671.jpg
IMG_20210709_0316525361.jpg

Day 100!

Chop day! Not much fade in the plant she was resilient til the end. I'm using the same tent and I'm hanging the plant whole for a slow dry. I'm hoping for about 7-9 days drying to fit into my schedule. The environment is steady at 23C, 60 rH with one fan on the bottom corner, one on the top for air circulation making sure they don't blow on the buds directly.

IMG_20210709_0250507671.jpg
IMG_20210709_0316525361.jpg
Congrats on your harvest my friend. :bravo:
Bill

Congrats on your harvest my friend. :bravo:
Bill
Thank you my friend, I was looking forward to comparing our Gelatos. Maybe next time ey :Namaste:

Nice one dude. Looking forward to seeing those chunky buds all trimmed up and sparkling. :goodjob:
Yeah buddy! I'm confident they will trim well. The calyxes really frosted up during that dark period too.

Now I need to decide what strain I will go with next. I have the potential of upgrading to a 60x40x120cm tent which would require some storage rearranging as it would take up the whole hanging space of the wardrobe lol... A worthy sacrifice no? With double the tent space I could run two plants in larger pots, maybe 3 gals? And with the light I have, I could finally crank up my little P600 to 100% but I don't know if it would sustain two big plants alone. Unless @ViparSpectra wants to upgrade me :battingeyelashes: :laugh:

Now as its hitting summer in the UK, my room in particular is going to get super hot so ideally I'd need a heat loving strain. Currently my seeds are:

Amnesia Haze Auto - Fast Buds
Glueberry OG Auto - Dutch Passion
Zkittles OG Auto - Barney's Farm
Freebies (photos):
Grapefruit Diesel, Hash Lover, Cotton Candy Cane

I feel like the Amnesia would be a great summer option in a larger tent as it can grow nice and tall, where the Glueberry and Zkittles would do well in the small tent, and would also go nice side by side in a larger tent.

Congratulations mate.. isn't it satisfying when they are done.
Yes, the upgrade is essential. Got to be done.. get rid of the hanging space. Dump all the clothes in a suitcase and grow more weed..
I've grown three decent plants under the 600 mate.I had to add a 30 quid cheap led upgrade to it. But it filled the jars

Screenshot_20210709-202003.jpeg
Screenshot_20210709-201855.jpeg

Yup, I second that. Amnesia haze. It's a giggly strain

Amnesia Haze has my vote.
That is my favourite strain after all, puts me exactly where I wanna be :smokin:

Dump all the clothes in a suitcase and grow more weed..
You know what I'm gonna do it man... I'm the kinda person who wears the same 2-3 outfits anyway lmao... I'll have to upgrade from my PC fan exhaust to a real one too with a bigger tent right? Something like the AC Infinity Cloudline S4? It has to be very quiet though since it's in the bedroom.

And I'm loving that setup almost looks like one actual light unit. How was the heat with all those lights? Those nugs look nice n dense for sure.

Me too. I'm in my my work overalls all day. Also, Just turn your undies inside out and you get another day out them :laugh: The heat was nothing. Just exhausted it out with a cheap black orchid extraction. Really quiet. Not silent. Just sounds like a fan. They nugs were solid mate. That's all down to that cheap Zon red LED thing. Because the grow before that wasn't that good with the 3 plants.

I've seen those orchid fans while browsing and I would prefer the budget option tbh but I've also heard people saying they sound super loud or start making faulty sounds so I'm in two minds about those ones.

I've seen those orchid fans while browsing and I would prefer the budget option tbh but I've also heard people saying they sound super loud or start making faulty sounds so I'm in two minds about those ones.
You can faf about and put acoustic ducting in and stick the fan in a box full of blankets. Or take the plunge and buy quality. Im a fekin cheapskate and would rather put ear plugs in than pay for a quiet fan :laugh:

Hi mate.. I've just bought an Ac infinity t6 as the temperatures in the tent were ridiculous and the black orchid wasn't capable of the job..
it is awesome.. it's twice as powerful as the orchid . So, I would recommend getting one

Jar day!

Overall the drying lasted 11 days. First it was easy to maintain 62% humidity but as the weather became more inconsistent with heat and rain the tent was also seeing fluctuations. In general I managed to keep it in a range of 55-65%.

Taking the plant down I couldn't really smell anything. Maybe I smoke too much and my nose is gone, idk lol... Squeezing the buds released a pleasant floral, spicy scent that hugs the inside of my nose.

Last night I had determined it was the optimal time to take the harvest down and jar it up. The sugar leaves were turning brittle and the stems were probably 1 day away from snapping. I also smoked a bit of larf the day before to see where the dryness was at and it was a smooth smoke with a hint of chlorophyll which let me know at least 1-2 days more.

I didn't have much time so I quickly jarred it up and did a very light trim to which I'd continue later. The buds weighed 35g (1.23oz) on my crap scales which is a fair amount for my small space. I could definitely push for 2-3oz know that I know more about larf and growth patterns, and will plan for a potentially longer grow so I don't have to cut anything short. Full ripeness is what I want.

I do apologise for the poor quality pictures as the lighting in my room is terrible and the LED is down. Once I have the time I'll take some good pictures and some microscope shots of properly trimmed bud after a weeks cure.

IMG_20210719_19234672011.jpg

IMG_20210719_1959240491.jpg
IMG_20210719_2016297651.jpg

IMG_20210719_2016524091.jpg

Hi mate.. I've just bought an Ac infinity t6 as the temperatures in the tent were ridiculous and the black orchid wasn't capable of the job..
it is awesome.. it's twice as powerful as the orchid . So, I would recommend getting one
Yes I've been doing research and it seems the Ac Infinity is the best option. And mate the weather is crazy, my room is sitting at 30C casually lol. However... we've hit a big roadblock! The only tent that fits my space is sold in Poland, where I ordered this first tent from. Buuuut thanks to Brexit, I now see a email which says they've refunded my order on the larger tent and cannot ship to the UK because Brexit...

Yes I've been doing research and it seems the Ac Infinity is the best option. And mate the weather is crazy, my room is sitting at 30C casually lol. However... we've hit a big roadblock! The only tent that fits my space is sold in Poland, where I ordered this first tent from. Buuuut thanks to Brexit, I now see a email which says they've refunded my order on the larger tent and cannot ship to the UK because Brexit.
Hello mate.. my mate made his own tent from A bigger tent. you've got to cut the tubes to size then cut the fabric. He just used black duct tape to join it all back up. All the joins are at the top and back and you cannot see them
Those jars will just smell better and better as time goes on. You've learned a lot from this grow.. imagine what you will produce next time

Back
Top Bottom