H5 Flourescent Fixtures

RIRipper

Just wondering if anyone has been growing with flourescents instead of hid, to what success.how do they handle budding with such a cool color temp?

I'm using fluorescent lights in my vegatative growth room......

DSC000071.jpg

I'm using a two foot, eight bulb T5 fixture. Four bulbs are 6500K and four 3000K
I'm getting about 16,000 lumens and it uses less than 200 watts.

My plants are doing great. But I am planning on budding them under 400W HPS. I don't know if fluorescent lighting is enough for budding.

Just wondering if anyone has been growing with flourescents instead of hid, to what success.how do they handle budding with such a cool color temp?

I am having great success with using nothing more than a $10 white 4 foot shop light with 2 Day Light bulbs. I run them 14 hours a day and the plants I have are growing like "weeds", excuse the pun. I didn't want to spend a lot of money because I am not smoker but my lady friend is. I got tired of her paying between $140-$180 an oz. So I convinced her to let me give it a try. Don't know how old or what kind of seeds we have but they are doing great.

i'm smoking buds that were grown with nothing but 2 four foot floros and 3 or 4 cfl's placed here and there. it worked great for me on my little budget. i will add more as i go along, but its amazing what you can do with out much stuff.

its a small start, but my dreams are huge.

I've been growing under flourescents, even into flowering. I have two plants that are looking great. About 2 weeks into flowering I purchased a 150w HPS and set it up.

Some things I did to increase my yields was, use as big pots, with the best soil you can find. Also used superthrive during veg, and 12-55-6 super bloom during flowering. Mylar for misguided light, and also place lights on the ground facing upward to help penetrate the canopy of leaves deeper along with top facing down. You might also venture along the side vertical as well.

I'm looking at about a qp a plant right now with 6 (2) bulb 4' shop lights with mixture of bulbs colors/temps. 1 150w HPS. It brings me to around 50k lumens at about 300w/h.

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom