Hacker's back with a whole new plan

SO, to all my peeps out here I wanted to let you all know that it took a little while, but I have decided that the consulting thing played itself out. I made good money, but I miss the actual hands on in my own DIRT. Got my degree in Botany, and have attained some really great landrace strains to start my Dr. Jeckyl thing on. LOL. Any who, more later just glad to be back home..

SO, to all my peeps out here I wanted to let you all know that it took a little while, but I have decided that the consulting thing played itself out. I made good money, but I miss the actual hands on in my own DIRT. Got my degree in Botany, and have attained some really great landrace strains to start my Dr. Jeckyl thing on. LOL. Any who, more later just glad to be back home..
Woohoo :woohoo: glad your back Amigo.
Can't wait to see your garden. :cheer:

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Stone,

Man good to hear from you bro. Good to see some the old school peeps are on still. Newty's got a great new job, but mostly I think all us older cats just got, well, too old. LOL. And busy, yeah busy
I was happy for her, she's a hot ticket! Haha, yeah busy. One day I'll open a iggy account. I'm not in a hurry. I barely keep up here!

OK so I have some Indica and Sativa to start with, I am in a small pickle. SPACE... I have room for a grow tent say 4x8x8, which I can easily fab myself. That doesn't include the area in which to flower, clone, and cure etc. I certainly have plenty of store-bought and sponsor material. But anyone who knows me, which is few on here for now, I have made my " bones " on whatever is laying around. I have a couple of other threads to peruse from earlier years, I might add those to signature.

So I have Strains from Canada, Puerto Rico, El Salvador, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Honduras just to name a few. They are mostly landrace or local cross breeds, which as I found out is basically by accident. Now don't get me wrong most of the people I have met both in the US, and around the globe are all great growers in their own rights, and I learned much from them in many aspects of the grow process of each.

The problems most growers I have come across have is, growing venue ( indoor or outdoor ), and Nutrient knowledge based on where they are growing said plants. Some forget that in the case of Landrace strains they are conditioned to grow in a certain environment. That includes temps, humidity, length of grow cycle, soil base, and on and on. Hybrids, are by nature not bound by those requirements nearly as strictly. So most can grow great nugs with Hybrids, but few can grow Landrace strains just anywhere. Costs a lot of money to make the perfect natural environment, and almost always is an indoor project.

So basically I don't want to make the mistake of assuming that just because I have been growing with great success for 30 plus years both backyard and pro, that I can grow anything anywhere. I don't just throw the seed in the ground and water it. As I have seen on here, there a lot of great growers with awesome insight and formulas for each strain they grow. Others learn from them, or their own mistakes. I am finding more and more that I am More a Connoisseur and NOT a CRITIC. LOL. By that I mean I enjoy many aspects of taste, aroma, and assuredly how well and smooth it burns to say just a few things. I specifically enjoy reading about others triumphs, techniques, as well as failures and re-births.. I have been just reading on here for awhile watching others, and enjoying great conversations, pics, and etc. However it is refreshing that others on here are gracious, but not verbally critical. Helpful, but not attacking or pious.

So as I start this Thread I want to include all to stop in but BYOB, I am bud poor for now. I am going to be working on cloning, grafting ( with intentional tears, and repairs ) joining two strains together as one, scrogging, training, and etc. All are invited to post opinions on absolutely any part, I only ask that it be courteous to me and others posts. This will be an ongoing Thread with many things to talk about from beginning to end.

I am seriously looking at more than a year long process here. I have the planning, set-up, test runs ( probably on some autos to test for maintainable conditions in grow area ), then the actual start of Landrace strains with knowledge of what they looked like where I obtained them from growing, and actual indoor results. Money is an object, though not a limitation.

So there you have it so far... Let the suggestions proceed starting with tents or indoor build set ups.

Back with a bang. Im going to check when you start your journal. Sounds like some interesting things are on the table and I am quite excited to follow along on your grows man!

Possible grow tent

So I was just doing some late night looking, and ran across this thing... IDK looks ok, but reviews are mixed. Almost exactly what I need for my space and I can have two different stages going on at the same time. I don't know if it will work with the weight of my Timber lights, but I do have a couple of Promo Vivosuns that will light up 4x4 areas pretty damn good.. I think I might look into this more tomorrow. I have a few more to look and post, get some reviews on here as to general construction look. Maybe someone has had one before?? I know tents, money equals quality or lack there of, but it could be a good modifiable tent as it is already two bay set up... Eh..

Oh yeah before I forget, I got some badass digital video cams to go inside that will take great on the go picks from my phone, laptop whatever.. Never get tired of seeing green... LOL
Green Evening all
Good morning @MaddHacker hope everything is going well today my friend.
I have no experience with split tents sorry.
But @7Dust2 just bought one , it's in his journal.
Maby he can give us a tip on price or quality.
Morning dust :ciao: sorry to get you up so early, how is that split tent of yours?
Any recommendations?
Thanks.

Bill

Good morning @MaddHacker hope everything is going well today my friend.
I have no experience with split tents sorry.
But @7Dust2 just bought one , it's in his journal.
Maby he can give us a tip on price or quality.
Morning dust :ciao: sorry to get you up so early, how is that split tent of yours?
Any recommendations?
Thanks.

Bill
Yeah I hear ya on the splits. I have worked with them in the past, mostly home made, but I am intrigued by the idea of having several plants going in different stages it will speed up the testing process. I am going to start off with some Auto's so I can do rapid fire testing with temp and humidity control being my first concerns. I have to honestly say that most of my growing has been outdoors, but indoor growing has been hugely successful for me in the past. Just limited in production. I am growing now to work on my techniques in most or all aspects growing not so much for the amount of fruit. I would love to end up with some primo fruit, but quantity is less important than quality to me as I partake less frequently these days. I rely on others, specifically my close friends to help in the judgement of quality as it relates to taste, smell, density, etc. More of a scientist than anything I guess. LOL... Thanks for your input, quality tip as to another's journal I can peep out. Thanks again...
Green days as always

Back
Top Bottom