Had a pest I didn't think would happen

Cclem85

So here is the story. Everything was going grand growing outdoors with mother nature being pretty fair, a few hot days in a row that required extra water is about it. I just happened to take a hike and check on my Jack Ripper grow one evening when I noticed something wasn't quite right. I figured it was a slight heat problem, because the leaves were a little droopy, so I figured I would go ahead and feed her one day early. The next few days we had some rainy weather, so I didn't go take a look to see how she recovered. When I finally got a chance to go take a look, the condition hadn't changed much, so I figured maybe the rain hurt her, and I flushed and moved her indoors for a few hours and placed a fan on her to try and dry her up some. The next day I go and check on her and shes almost dead! I had no clue what was wrong, leaves were completely limp, yellowish leaves on the bottom, tops were 90' bent, so the only thing I could think of was... it's a goner, but I wanted to check the soil and just see (coco-loco). As soon as I went down 3" I noticed something really bad, There were no roots! I started to dig out all the soil when I came across a termite nest!!! They completely ate everything down from that point! With the quickest decision I could think of, I clone cut every major branch (4) and put it in a root tone, and placed in some water to try and get it back to life. Well a few days later shes starting to look back to her normal self. As soon as I get some roots started and shes somewhat healthy again, is there anything I can do to help prevent this in the future?
Here is what she looks like now, but in 4's

image29948.jpg

Wow. That's pretty wild. Is coco-loco cut with perlite or just straight coco?

Yikes. Sounds dangerous.

"The U.S. EPA classified fipronil [active ingredient in Termador] as 'Group C - possible human carcinogen,' based on 'increases in thyroid follicular cell tumors in both sexes of the rat.'" - Active Ingredient Fact Sheets

Well I got rid of the termites and I'm trying to save what's left of the plant. I had to just replace the soil and burn the old lol

Back
Top Bottom