Haight Solid State LED Grow Journal

got a nice little bush going there... You should start a grow journal. I would subscribe. I like watching LED grows.

Unfortunately, time doesn't permit that this time around. However, next grow, for sure.
One thought, Does any one know if there are any strains that have been grown under LEDs for several generations. MJ is supprisingly adaptable to different growing environments.

Unfortunately, time doesn't permit that this time around. However, next grow, for sure.
One thought, Does any one know if there are any strains that have been grown under LEDs for several generations. MJ is supprisingly adaptable to different growing environments.

Yea that is a very good question. I wonder if it would make a difference. After all there are indoor and outdoor strains

I'm pretty sure the plants do adapt, and it doesn't take generations. I use all LEDs now, both veg and flower, but in the past I used florescence tubes for seedlings and clones since the early LEDs didn't work very well with seedlings.

One of the things I noticed is that when I first put the plants under the LED the leaves look kind of pink, but after a couple of weeks, they look a lot darker. Under normal lighting the leaves look pretty much the same. I was kind of assuming the plants were adapting to the LEDs and turning darker becasue they were getting better at capturing all the light.

But longer term over generations it will take a long time to see. It's likely people have been selecting plants for their HPS growth patterns, it might takes lots of time to find the best plants for LED.

Nice grow 123...,

Hey SS,

I did a lot of trials of 12/12 from seed with older lights but haven't tried it in a long time. Might be cool to try sometime. I switched to clones because they are more consistent and don't cost anything. Clones can't go straight into 12/12, they end up way to short - just a bud on a stick.

Some of the SCROG grows are really cool, it looks hard to me, but I agree it should have great results with the Haight lights.

I'm pretty sure the plants do adapt, and it doesn't take generations. I use all LEDs now, both veg and flower, but in the past I used florescence tubes for seedlings and clones since the early LEDs didn't work very well with seedlings.

One of the things I noticed is that when I first put the plants under the LED the leaves look kind of pink, but after a couple of weeks, they look a lot darker. Under normal lighting the leaves look pretty much the same. I was kind of assuming the plants were adapting to the LEDs and turning darker becasue they were getting better at capturing all the light.

But longer term over generations it will take a long time to see. It's likely people have been selecting plants for their HPS growth patterns, it might takes lots of time to find the best plants for LED.

Nice grow 123...,

We'll see how it turns out.
In an earlier entery, you said something to the effect that space was your limitation as opposed the light. I hope you were right.

Thanks for doing this journal, it's been informative and inspirational.:goodjob:

Great Journal love it, It actually helped me make my decision about the light I needed, I am happy to say I got the ppf-400 and love it, it hope you guys do a comparison between the other UFO led lights and also the light blaze 400, anyways, I think the guys at Haight Solid State are genius and have a great product.

thanks, sfhaze I'm hoping my ppf-400 will last for many years, I was using a Glowpanel 45 and that only has the blue and the red so I had to supplement with cfls now I don't have to worry about flowering, what I had for flowering before was for vegging I a had two 65w lights of america cfls at 6500k and one 23w cfl at 2700k.
for flowering I was using two glowpanel 45s and two 65w lights of america cfls and I got very good aurora indica strain for night time and ambrosia for the day.
now I got the ppf-400 and a glowpanel 45 flowering and for vegging I got one glowpanel 45 and one lights of america 65w cfl, I am glad I came to this site, and there is a lot of good information, I love my ppf-400 and you guys are the only ones talking about it.

Hey Everyone,

I haven't posted in awhile, but I thought you would like to see these 4 Mazar's I have going now. I've grown a bunch of these clones in the past, so I know I should expect 3/4 of an ounce per plant. That puts me on track for 3oz this run and 1g/Watt.

The plants are about 25 inches tall.

4maz.jpg

maz1.jpg

mazbud1.jpg

I didn't start all 4 at exactly the same time, and I've still got a couple of weeks to go before first one is ready for harvest.

Remember, this is just a 90W LED light....

nice work sf!

you really have your system dialed in very well.
Such nice fan leaves late into flower, i can never do that. lol.

I am trying to mod my grow to get over 1g/W, but i'm gonna do it in steps to slow down costs. . .but yeah, efficiency is where it's at.

Looking really good SF. It's nice to see someone actually using LEDs and using them right. I'm looking forward to the flowers swelling between now and harvest.

I have noticed some of the LED grows seem to stall in mid flower. I have no idea why but it does seem to be a familiar pattern. Have you seen this at all in your grow and do you have any theories about it?

Hey Everyone,

I haven't posted in awhile, but I thought you would like to see these 4 Mazar's I have going now. I've grown a bunch of these clones in the past, so I know I should expect 3/4 of an ounce per plant. That puts me on track for 3oz this run and 1g/Watt.

The plants are about 25 inches tall.

4maz.jpg

maz1.jpg

mazbud1.jpg

I didn't start all 4 at exactly the same time, and I've still got a couple of weeks to go before first one is ready for harvest.

Remember, this is just a 90W LED light....
90 watts ?? I thought you had 2 400s ??:surf:

I've never really noticed it, but I make lots of mistakes that shock the plants for a few days. I'm getting better....

My plants are on a shelf so they get heated by the light below. Long ago, I noticed problems with the lower shelf when the weather was cool. So I added a heating pad to the lower shelf. It may be something like that, my plants do a lot better at about 85F - and even warmer at the base of the pots.

Back
Top Bottom