Consistant fine harvest, anyone would be proud

Used to adversity and now cold weather
Don't be surprized by twin radiators
Can't skip ahead to see, this is real time
Going to learn which LED should be mine

Re: Hosted Competition - Haight Solid State vs. Hydro Grow LED

LOL!

That might deserve another frame PG ;).

I do apologize for the delay in posting. It's taken me a couple of days longer to get set up than anticipated, and we're having a cold snap with temps down near 30 at night.

I'm just about there.

GROW ROOM SETUP

IMG_3415_Medium.JPG

IMG_3425_Medium.JPG

IMG_3427_Medium.JPG

IMG_3449_Medium.JPG

IMG_3434_Medium.JPG

Beautiful. Simply Beautiful.

Could you say a bit more about the last two shots? What are all those cool looking electronics for? (gawd, I just love things with buttons). And how will the water cooler and sprayer be used?

I know what the bud was for ;) looks like you had a long night...

I'm interested in learning about the difference between the two lights. Now first--the Haight light is in the tent to the left, the Hydro to the right? One has fans, one is a nice tidy flat panel with no fans. What are the LED configurations? How many of them, how many watts each, what angle of illumination and what color temperatures? This will outline the inherent differences between the two lights themselves, and give us all a better idea of what to look for in LED light construction features once all the data of this grow from start to finish is logged. :battingeyelashes:

I'm interested in learning about the difference between the two lights. Now first--the Haight light is in the tent to the left, the Hydro to the right? One has fans, one is a nice tidy flat panel with no fans. What are the LED configurations? How many of them, how many watts each, what angle of illumination and what color temperatures? This will outline the inherent differences between the two lights themselves, and give us all a better idea of what to look for in LED light construction features once all the data of this grow from start to finish is logged. :battingeyelashes:

Hydro is on the left.

Finally a LED side by side test that can be trusted, thank you setting sun im really glad someone credible is finally doing one of these tests.

Should go someway in answering the 1w vs 6w bulb question.

I find it interesting that 1 of the lights has 6 fans, and the other none,
if you could comment on the noise factor, that would be great, can you hear the 6 fans working when the test is closed?

And just from looking at the pictures i did wonder how the tent with the haight was drawing air, is it from the back?

Ok, many thanks for doing this.

SS, i'm still playing in the dirt myself. Basicly because of the fear of a water spill when i'm not around and dirt is more forgiving !! I've also got other excuses !! Ha !! Anyhow, i'm gld you're doing the dirt thing !! I hope both those lights produce a lb. each, and i'll be watching and here's hopeing you good luck with the grow. But i really hope you complete this grow, even if it's a failure. Including a smoke report and weight !! Congragulations on getting appointed to staff !! And i'm back quite !!

Thanks 420Magazine, I love the research! I will be just reading mostly, I have no experience with LED's.
:smokin:

Thanks to Soniq420 for outlining the initial parameters of the competition, 420Magazine for hosting, the sponsors for donating products, and especially to Setting Sun for doing the actual test!

This is great I can't wait to see how the lights compare. Good Luck!!

This will be very cool! Thank you 420 Magazine, Soniq420 for breakin' it down, Haight Solid State and Hydro Grow LED and of coarse "Growmeister" Setting Sun! :nomo: TY!

Allright this is what I have been waiting on. Thanks setting sun for putting on this demostration . Good luck and may the best light win

No Flames or bashing here....Im very interested due to the strain choice. Im also growing Violator Kush from Barney's. It will be interesting how they come out in comparison. I wont be posting comparison photos at all here.
Good luck gentleman.......

Nice clean setup. Thanks for the pics.

It's time this journal got some stars......+reps!

Big difference in light color. It will be interesting to watch for sure.

subscribed :peace:

SS, i'm still playing in the dirt myself. Basicly because of the fear of a water spill when i'm not around and dirt is more forgiving !! I've also got other excuses !! Ha !! Anyhow, i'm gld you're doing the dirt thing !! I hope both those lights produce a lb. each, and i'll be watching and here's hopeing you good luck with the grow. But i really hope you complete this grow, even if it's a failure. Including a smoke report and weight !! Congragulations on getting appointed to staff !! And i'm back quite !!

First, a big :thanks: to all who have subscribed and for all the support and positive comments!

There have been some good questions and I will do my best to answer those queries tonight.

Back
Top Bottom