Hair Follicle test in my future

expothead

So I am hoping I may get some answers from this group. If this is not the proper place to ask please let me know. So I am White, 175 pound male, 5 foot 9. I am bald with a goatee. I walk roughly 8 miles a day. I used to be a once a day toker during the evening. I used a one hitter and smoked maybe 2 or 3 a night a little more on the weekends. I did this for almost 5 years. I quit on July 16th 2018. Around the middle of November I will have a hair follicle test. I have a urine test on Monday, but I went to a lab and for $75.00 I took a urine test (decided the home tests were unreliable and this lab does DOT drug tests). I passed so I am not worried about Monday. If I stay clean from here on out will I pass my Hair Follicle test? I plan on around the end of October to spend the $90.00 and get the the Psychemedics test. You can actually pay for this test on your own and get results back 3 to 5 days later after they receive it. I also started to let my hair grow back out. I shaved once every other day, but I am pretty sure with the time I have I will at least be able to grow my side hair long enough (no I have little to no hair on top, and I have been shaving my head for the past 8 years, I used to have just the ring of hair around the sides and back). So any thoughts if I should be in the clear. I have to admit I am losing sleep stressing about this. Thanks in advance.

This is not from personal experience, just reading I have done. But I expect that you will be fine. It's a month more than the advertised "three-month detection window." My guess is that you'll still technically have some level of detectability, but that it will be well below the accepted cutoff for a positive test result (for anything other than the most sensitive of federal government jobs).

Again, this is not from personal experience! I'm not putting my house up as collateral for a guarantee, lol. But I wanted to offer my reasonably educated guess in order to address the "I have to admit I am losing sleep stressing about this" part of your post.

This is not from personal experience, just reading I have done. But I expect that you will be fine. It's a month more than the advertised "three-month detection window." My guess is that you'll still technically have some level of detectability, but that it will be well below the accepted cutoff for a positive test result (for anything other than the most sensitive of federal government jobs).

Again, this is not from personal experience! I'm not putting my house up as collateral for a guarantee, lol. But I wanted to offer my reasonably educated guess in order to address the "I have to admit I am losing sleep stressing about this" part of your post.
Well when the time comes I will let you know. Like I said I am going to pay the $90.00 to take the Psychemedics test. You need to send them a hair sample, and get results back in 3 to 5 days. For my career I think it's well worth it, and from what I know this is the same company or the equivalent of what moslty all companies use any way for corporate testing. I figure if I can pass that one towards the beginning of November, then I should be in the clear. I have read from many sources that, that body hair can be iffy. Supposedly all hair grows at the same rate, it's just that body hair does not grow as long. That's why I thought it would be a decent idea to grow my ring around my head back. I should have enough time to grow it 1.5 inches. I guess we will see what happens.

[QUOTE="expothead, post: 4107443, member: 326163"I have read from many sources that, that body hair can be iffy. Supposedly all hair grows at the same rate, it's just that body hair does not grow as long. That's why I thought it would be a decent idea to grow my ring around my head back. I should have enough time to grow it 1.5 inches. I guess we will see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with your upcoming test, and please do return to let us know how it went.

As an aside, I've occasionally found myself wondering what would happen if someone showed up for such a test completely hairless. Some folks wax body hair, choose not to wear a beard, and are bald (or choose to shave their heads). The lack of eyebrows would look a bit odd, though, but...

I suppose that, since there is no requirement for a prospective employer to hire any specific person, there would be the possibility that said person simply would not get hired. But what I'm wondering, specifically, is whether or not the lab - perhaps being aware that... rejection of others' lifestyle choices and "handicapping" them because of it in today's world has caused some entities to suffer everything from bad publicity and lost business to judgments against them in civil court cases - might simply offer the person the option of an alternative test method. While it is possible to scam a urine test (which would make them less reliable than a hair test), I am not aware of anyone ever having successfully circumvented a blood test.

And as far as I know, while a blood test is accurate, lol, it doesn't have the ability to capture a snapshot of the subject's activities that stretches back up to three months.

Dye your hair using a 30-40vol cream developer. Then wash it out after the 60 mins are up. After your hair dries then bleach it again using a box of L'Oréal blonde (2 boxes for a woman). Leave in for 45 min before you wash it out. BTW this step will burn like hell due to you just bleaching within an hour ago, but hang in there, a pass on your follicle test will be worth it. You can just have a fan blowing on your head and you'll be fine. Let your scalp rest and go to bed a blonde. The next day you should due it back to your original hair color. Leave it in for 45-60 mins and wash it out and use the color conditioner that comes in the box. This is a 100% fail proof system that I've discovered on my own and I have never failed doing this.i have however failed using toxin rid, zydot so please don't trust a shampoo. Dying it 3 times is the only way to go ladies and gents. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask...

Back
Top Bottom