Hair Tests

BigSwole90

So currently I got a job that doesn't test, which is cool. Still haven't started smoking yet though because the job SUCKS. So ive been looking around and got an interview under a staffing firm for a Fortune 500 company that apparently does freaking hair test for pre employment. Not sure if the staffing firm will actually do hair since its technically only their true employees getting this, but just to be safe, how long do these hair tests truly test back for? I haven't smoked in 4 months. I heard the cutoff is 90 days but then other people say 6 months+. Whats the real answer?

Its usually 90 days but hair tests are like urine tests it can depend a lot on a persons body type. I would cut your hair short before you start the interview process and that will get rid of most of the thc contaminated hair. You should be good after that. Costs a lot more money than urine testing does, anywhere from $100 to $200. I doubt the company will use hair tests for randoms.

Ive been clean 122 days so far. Fucking bummer I know but I gotta find a job I can stand lol. Again, im not 100% sure, but I read online the fortune 500 company itself does hair tests for physical workers ect, but I will be being tested by a contracting company for IT at their facility. Thanks for the tip! Hope I can get this job and pass so I can toke again, been WAY too long!

Also, If I have been around my neighbor that lit up in the room with me, which I didn't smoke myself, would this show up on my hair test? I doubt it but still worries me.

Also, If I have been around my neighbor that lit up in the room with me, which I didn't smoke myself, would this show up on my hair test? I doubt it but still worries me.
It would only show up if you don't wash your hair. Any smoke in the room will just put thc smoke on the surface of the hair not internally.
I would take the other companies test and get the results back before you quit the job you have now.

Oh absolutely. I will make sure I pass first before I even give my 2 weeks notice lol. Hopefully after that they wont mess with me again. I figure if they do the hair first and I pass, they wont have much reason to unless I got hurt. But again, they mentioned they do hair test for their laboratory and heavy machinery operators. I will just be doing IT stuff so maybe I will be ok. Thanks for the tips!

Back
Top Bottom