Haloplanters LED & HPS Grow - Purple Widow - Auto Choc/Skunk - Auto Afghan Mass

haloplanter

Hey guys its been a while since i posted on here, but after losing seeds in the battle due to me not knowing what i was doing.
i have great success now and great simple understanding on this plant process

Heres my setup
soil: coco coir(soaked with super thrive & sea kelp) 2 parts, coco loco 1 part, worm castings 1 part happy frog potting soil
water: rain water
lighting: 300 watt full spectrum & apollo 400 watt hps
area: bathtub & floor area in bathroom its a 6×8 space
nutes: recipe for success organic kit, bio weed, super thrive, coco loco, worm castings & rain water
pot size: two 3 gallon pots &1 gallon grow bag, i might transplant to a 5 to finish out.
Temperature: 75-88 its cooler at night
lighting schedule: 24 hours with switching from led to hps:high-five:
Distance from plants to lighting: 15-17 inches with hps & 8 inches with led.
Tools: ph kit, acurite indoor outdoor temperature/ humidity meter, drills & mylar wrapping

Things to do: build a box, get carbon filters and ducting stuff & learn from the best on here.

On 5/1 using the full moon i threw my seeds into soil,after taking them out of the water so the moon light could pull it up, after that worked,
In one phoam cup i had coco loci mix & happy frog in another i had coco loco & organic forest bark& happy frog.. they both sprung up great with the coco /happy frog mix a bit bigger,

I then began to run a 24 hour 300 watt led & 400 watt horticulture hps(at 75%), once i saw signs of the roots hitting thr bottom, i let it dry out just a bit & held it upside down.. & transplanted into my 3 gallon pots with a super coco mix of coco coir, happy frog, coco loco & worm castings with the coco coir soaked in rain water & sea kelp, i didnt dip my roots in any type of root gel.i just thaught that theres none in nature, so basically i lost lost of seeds with overheating, over watering, stifling my seeds with humidity domes..after i thaught that theres not of that in nature & to put them in dirt under the moon light..i now have very healthy plants with a fan blowing on them.. & ive learned alot from you guys spending many hours just reading threw your post when i asked a question in a search..

I also uploaded several of my pics under haloplanter but i couldnt find a way to add them here so there on my galler guys & gals & please chime in on any advice:volcano-smiley::thanks:

20150512_165730.jpg

20150512_165704.jpg

This was week 1 in veg guys

Ok guys im doing great for my very 1st grow, i ordered more coco coir and a sea based fertilzer called sea..i started foliar feeding it about once a week and add a little bit to my catch basin, along with my scheduled nutes(sea kelp, super thrive, & the recipe for success). The plants are under 24 hours light, being under the apollo 300 watt led for 4-5 days with a t5 light,& then switching to the 400 watt hps every other 4-5 days. im watering almost a gallon of rain water every 2- 3 days with folar feeding of rain water to simulate natural conditions

This grow has been a good learning experience and im very happy to watch them grow heres week 4 & 5 pics of the auto chocolate skunk, purple widow & auto afghan critical mass(in brown pot).

Please let me know what yall think about my 1st time bathtub grow

Also please give me a vote for this grow..and stay tuned

Thanks bro.. next time ill just do 2 plants..as there taking off, im nervous on putting the auto afghan(inthe 3 gallon pot) into a 5.
i didnt scrog, because its my 1st grow & i needed to rotate the pots for equal lighting,

But im thinking of cloning a leaf, & next time all of my grows will be in square pots..for a nice bushy look, im glad im still learning hopefully i can learn how to super crop and these other legends can help out a young bathtub farmer..lol

Nope i didnt..i was under some weird thinking that those big leaves were helping..lol
the most i did was bend them down a bit.

So should i just chop all of the big leaves down?

I am noticing little sprouts trying to fight for light under those huge leaves..

And my 2nd question whats an easy way to lst and or ultra crop(clipping something on the top)?

Thanks for your input brother

Nope i didnt..i was under some weird thinking that those big leaves were helping..lol
the most i did was bend them down a bit.

So should i just chop all of the big leaves down?

I am noticing little sprouts trying to fight for light under those huge leaves..

And my 2nd question whats an easy way to lst and or ultra crop(clipping something on the top)?

Thanks for your input brother

Ok, so there are mixed feelings on defoliation. Some, like myself are heavily for it, some don't like to do it at all. The main thing to remember about defoliation is that it will stress your plant! Now, it depends on the strain as to how much that stress will effect the overall growth of the plant. So, if you decide to defol, it's best to start lightly in veg and then see how the plant responds.

So when/if you decide to defol, the idea is to open up as many growth nodes as possible, as those will eventually be your bud sites when you switch to flower. So, the method that I use, and I believe most others use is to first clip off any fan leaf that points back towards the center of the plant. These will 99% of the time be covering a lower bud site. Sometimes, that is enough. If it's not, stand over the top of the plant and move fan leaves out of the way to see the nodes. If a fan leaf can't be tucked to open up the node, then it gets snipped off.

Defol takes a bit of a careful eye and the willingness to get hands on with your plant. A lot of it just goes by feel. If I feel like a fan leaf is in the way, or in a spot that is not beneficial to the overall growth, then I cut it.

It is much riskier to defol your plant once it has started flowering, as this could stress the plant enough to hermie out. Especially if you have never cut on her before, it will freak her the eff out!

Don't be afraid to read up a little on the process and come to your own conclusion as to what is best for your grow.

Search "Defoliation" in Advanced Search.

Oh yeah this is a very big debate i was smoking and reading many debates on this, and i realized the leaves are there for a reason and since its my 1st successfull grow, i didnt want to stress the plants, so bending will be good for now, & as i get better i can learn to tie down and lollypop..
And im in a rush to get these babies done & read that cutting all the leaves will add 4 more weeks..

Ill try it out in my future grows as im just a bathroom farm hero for now..lol

20150605_220005.jpg
20150605_215629.jpg
20150605_220122.jpg
20150605_220132.jpg
20150605_220219.jpg
20150605_220251.jpg
20150605_220259.jpg
20150605_220254.jpg
Update: hey guys & gals my plants are doing great, there under the hortilux 400 watt mh light at 10 inches above the canopy(it feels good to say that word). Yesterday i added a microbe product to help with photosynthesis(it was a freebie from my local shop) i foliar sprayed it alone and mixed it with some earth juice mollasis(to hand feed, also last night i began giving my plants its 1st dark hours.. it got about 7 hours,
& now im seeing pre flowering, i love the way autos take off under the right conditions. I also added mylar to my grow area and repositioned the fan at an angle on top of fort toilet bowl lol..& i started playing music to my plants, today we listened to rocky mountain high by John Denver & i swear that i could see the plant growing while the music was playing..

Check out these pics and please add in as im still slipping forward with lots of luck

Update: last night i trimmed out some fan leaves from around the stems & i added kool bloom to the auto chocolate skunk(the biggest plant) & my recipe success nutes to the biggest plant.
Also i just switched to the 400 watt hps light & its 9 inches above the cannopy with a 20 inch old school fan controlling the heat & strengthening the stems & keeping any criters away( they dont like the fan..lol)

20150621_085555.jpg
20150621_085633.jpg
20150621_085654.jpg
20150621_085942.jpg
20150621_090006.jpg
20150621_090029.jpg
20150621_090047.jpg
20150621_090431.jpg
20150621_090648.jpg
Whats going on everyone and i wanna wish a happy fathers day to all who are fathers or even know one..

So here we go,
I transplanted my purple widow out of the 7 gallon GROW BAG, that i will not use again in that big of a size due to the water always running on the sides, even when i put 10 chopsticks in the 7 gallon grow bag. The water still ran on the side, & when i saw the roots they were small, so i moved my purple widow into a 7 gallon square plastic pot, & it loved it..also im at week 8 going into week 9 and the youngest plant(the auto afghan critical mass) is the tallest of the bunch..im amazed at how tallit has gotten and how usung a coco mix can do wonders for these plants.

The plants are drinking lots of water, i have no problem because i have alot of stored rain water, also i began to tuck away fan leaves to let light in the cannopy, im really liking how the sea kelp keeps the bugs away and i only had one long bug. But after a spray of sea kelp it was finished( the spray actually itched my arms) so i felt how it protects the plants..lol.

My lights are on a 16-8 or sometimes 15-9, also im doing 5 days hps at 100% (11inches above cannopy) or at 75% (at 6 inches above the cannopy), then 2 days usually on saturday& sunday it gets the led light.

Here are the new pictures, please let me know how it looks and i have a question,
How can i tie branches together ?
Can i use zip ties?

I know its been a while my fellow farm hero saga villagers..
but my plants are doing great, the tallest plant is the auto afghan critical mass at a whopping 48 inches in 2nd place is the auto chocolate skunk at 44 inches and in 3rd place is the the purple widow at 36 inches(usually sativas are short but this is different).

Also i have benefited greatly by fimming the tops and yes auto flowers can be fimmed if done in late vegetation(thanks to the old guy on youtube that showed me..#fimmpower.
The auto chocolate has 6 main colas.. and the auto afghan/mass has 3 extra colas & the purple widow which is a normal plant will have 6 plus also islts just behind due to it being a normal plant, but im glad ill have another one growing after i finish the auto afghan.

I have been feeding it the recipe for succes flowering nutes with koolbloom added to the mix, i know its overkill but hey my back is to the wall because this is in a bathtub..lol
Ive been feeding nutes-water-nutes-water.. with a nightly foliar sprays of cool water and a weekly soray of earth juice mollassis and sugar daddy with rain water (liquid gold).
These girls are drinking alot. And there liking there 17-7 & 16-8 lighting.

Also i've dialed in my flowering lighting as follows: hps 400 watt for the weekdays with dialing the ballast down to 75% 3 hours before the lights are out, then on the weekends its 20 hours light with the 400 watt mh bulb and the 300 full spectrum led.
the buds are looking good, im suprised how big the plants are since this is my 1st grow and im amazed that these big plants were tiny seedlings under led just 2 & a 1/2 months ago, please let me know how this looks guys & gals as i will gladly appreciate it

Very nice cheap grow fantastic results love that purple widow have you tried that before.

Its my 1st ever successful grow past the seedling stage. Thanks alot bro, it feels great to have two 4 & 1/2 feet plants and a 38 inch tall purple widow, all in one bathtub..lol:high-five: & i have only ph'd one time just to make zure all the nutes & rain water was good, after that i just eyeballed everything.

So with that i am throwing my hat in the ring as i want TO GET MY AUTO CHOCOLATE SKUNK WITH 8 FUTURE COLAS(FROM FIMMING) FOR PLANT OF THE MONTH

Back
Top Bottom