Hanna HI98129 Tester - PPM Cal solution?

this guy

I just got a new Hanna HI98129, a pH Probe Cleaning & Calibration Kit(2 point cal), Hanna storage solution, and a "General Hydroponics" 1500 ppm Calibration Solution.

I just calibrated the ph with the 7 and 4. Then checked it, all good there. So I pretty much do the same with PPM. I pour the ppm solution in the clean plastic cup that was provided. Set the meter to ppm, then held mode till cal shows up. Dip the meter in, and it read 1413, then goes back into measure mode.

Now I think I'm using the incorrect solution. The instructions say: "HI7031 (1413 s/cm) for HI98129"? Or can I use the 1500 ppm solution? If not, then what is 1500 ppm cal solution used for?

Sounds like it's showing you the EC (and is calibrated, lol).

Thisguy what's going on my friend? Unfortunately I was in the same place you were in on my 1st grow but torturedsoul is spot on with the 1500 solution being for the EC. The correct slution that you need is the 1382. (Not sure of the exact serial number on that). I couldn't afford the cleaning solution so I used a home remedy of Lime calcium and rust remover, with distilled white vinegar to clean the probe. Works like a champ, enjoy your meter, I know I am. Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom