Start Date - Oct 10th 2014 around 5 PM

Space - 4x4 Tent
Light - 2x300w LED Mars Hydro
Style - Deep Recirculating direct Water Culture - SCRoG

Plan -
LQuRPqP.png

Re: Hannabis Cannabis - DWC LED 1st run

Day 1-
Soaking the seeds in water, after about 6-7 hours all the seeds sank, after 24 hours the seed were cracked open with a tiny root peeking out.
12646.jpg

Day 2-
Plopped them in Rockwools, put the lid on and kept it behind my mini fridge [dark and warm]
21764.jpg
31564.jpg

Day 3 -
Coming out of the Rockwools!
41201.jpg

Day 4 - 11:30 AM - Cotyledon appearing on a few seeds
6854.JPG

7683.JPG

Day 4- 11:30 PM - Constructing Grow Tent and setting up light and hydro system, seedlings are temporarily under a small 5w LED lamp.
8540.JPG

10-14-2014
5th Day - Grown Tent Complete, Transferring seedlings into DWC with 600W LED 2' above seedlings
111058.JPG
13338.JPG
12648.JPG

The water is @ 214PPM in a 30 gallon container PH @ 5.8 Tap Water with a dab of PH Down
being pumped continuously onto the Rockwool. 2 x 12" Airstones connected to the air pump.

Day 6 - Oct 15th 2014

Day 6 -
Lowered the water down to a trickle over the Hydroton instead of a stream on the rockwool last night as I was afraid the roots will get over watered. all seedlings showing first set of true leaves now.
-136.jpg

If you have any Advice or Questions, feel free to chime in

Re: Hannabis Cannabis - DWC LED 1st run [W:picture Intensive!]

They're all going pretty well I'm assuming. This is my first grow so I'm not even sure what standard to compare it to.
I think I'm going to change the tub out for a darker, thicker, stronger tub to block out the light and not break due to having 25 gallons of water weight inside.

If it's not too much stress on the girls then go for it. I'm thinking of cloning before I harvest my plants. I want to do a DWC to compare yields, even though the DWC should easily double your yields.

If it's not too much stress on the girls then go for it. I'm thinking of cloning before I harvest my plants. I want to do a DWC to compare yields, even though the DWC should easily double your yields.
The roots haven't even reached the bottom of the net pot yet, so I don't think there will be any trouble taking them out to switch to a new hydro container

Looking at
12a3339a-6a65-4f15-8fde-a9d39d9dd78c_400.jpg

or

593019cf-464e-4267-a7b6-ec04619c74a8_400.jpg

Kinda hard to cut out the holes for the net pot since I only have an X-Acto knife handy.

Welcome! :420:
How do your girls like the LED? I'm about a week and a half ahead but I don't think my girls would stand a chance against the light switch.

Also, what did you mean by against the light switch? are you planning on switching from your 90W UFO LED to a higher wattage LED?

Also, what did you mean by against the light switch? are you planning on switching from your 90W UFO LED to a higher wattage LED?

I'm using 23w CFLs x2 right now. The LED is being saved for a another day, and a bigger box.
You could check walmart to just to save a few bucks and grab a knife to cut the holes at the same time.

I'm using 23w CFLs x2 right now. The LED is being saved for a another day, and a bigger box.
You could check walmart to just to save a few bucks and grab a knife to cut the holes at the same time.

Cutting with a big knife or a scissor is a challenge. Maybe I'll end up getting one of those drill bit used for making approximate holes for the net pot and heat up my X-ACTO knife for the smaller holes. I'm not looking to cheap out on the container since the last time I did that the water inside the container almost broke it and the light also goes through causing algae growth.

^^^Good tips to anyone trying to start a DWC grow!
Could you chrome tape or duct tape the outside of the box? Just so the light can't escape. Still cutting corners but every penny counts long term.

Really clean setup. Good job! I'm also a DIY guy, and use DWC hybrid units i've made from storage boxes for my first grow.

Feel free to pop over to my journal and take a look. I've just done a heavy defol so plants aren't looking their best today, but here's one of the ladies a few days ago, just over six weeks from seed.

All of my plants have been grown 100% under LED, all the way from seed.

P1150574.JPG

I've made a customised tent with 2300w of Mars LEDs in there -

20140820_212048.jpg

20140820_233256.jpg

One thing to mention is the more aeration you can get the better, and keep an eye on your res temps, they should be around 60-68.

Also, keep your nute levels about half of the recommended dose to start with under LED, and get some CalMag! Plants under LED suffer from calcium and magnesium deficiencies very easily.

If you want any advice at all, or need any help with DIY stuff, just pop over and make a post on my journal, i'm not great at following other threads, but i'll see it if you post over there and i can come over here and see if i can be of any use.

Good luck. :)

Oct 16th 2014
Day 7 since dropping the seeds in water,
Day 4 seedlings

Got a new container and switched everything out.

14_-_closeup.jpg
15258.JPG

16244.JPG

Hid the white water pump hose underneath the lid to block out light/aesthetic reasons.

20 gallons Tap Water with 5 gallons of R/O water -
PPM is at 170 @ .5
PH was at 7.5 this morning, lowered it back down. It's now 5.7
No nutes yet.

My camera is so shit compared to yours....do you have a lens or something? Totally jealous!!

Great pics mate, and she looks really happy!

Just perhaps a little nute burn on the first leaves. Under LED i wouldn't feed them any nutes at all at this stage, other than a bit of Rhizo. Just keep the Ph at 5.5 - 6.0 and let it do it's thing.

Just my opinion :)

:thumb:

My camera is so shit compared to yours....do you have a lens or something? Totally jealous!!

Great pics mate, and she looks really happy!

Just perhaps a little nute burn on the first leaves. Under LED i wouldn't feed them any nutes at all at this stage, other than a bit of Rhizo. Just keep the Ph at 5.5 - 6.0 and let it do it's thing.

Just my opinion :)

:thumb:

Thanks, I'm using my cell phone lol. LG G3, then doing the white balance and editing on photoshop for color correction.
I'm not using any nutes yet, just tap water. waiting for the 2nd set of leaves to grow fully before adding 1/4 strength.

Back
Top Bottom