Happy to be new here

Agen36

Hello, delighted to be part of the 420 group! I'm a 40+ year user of the herb and have finally started to grow my own.

A little 3x3 area with a fan, (3) 3' fluorescent, (1) 4' fluorescent, a 150W CFL for good measure have resulted in a dozen nice plants that range from 2' to 12". White reflective surfaces line the area and I try hard not to over-water (although it's strangely difficult not to).

I purchased a big bag of Dr. Earth homegrown potting soil because of its great content and so far so good. A small concern however seems to be a yellow spotting on lower to mid leaves on a couple of plants resulting in eventual leaf death. These plants are approx 6 weeks old and appear healthy otherwise-do they need fertilizing already?
I'm using an 18/6 light cycle, PH content seems fine and I'm not sure what else to check.

I purchased and am growing a couple of auto flower plants-it'll be interesting to see if they do grow nice buds in 60 days after germination.

Being space challenged, I'm using 1, 2 and 3 gallon containers for the plants. How severely will I limit potential growth and bud quality in violating the "1 gallon of soil to 1' of growth" rule?

Many thanks for the opportunity to participate!
Agen36

Hey Agen, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

Spotting on older leaves sounds like a Ca/Mg issue to me, and it's pretty common with cannabis...but I'd need a lot more info, and some pics to try and figure out what's really going on...you might want to post in the FAQ forum (linked below) so more people will have a chance to see your question, and try to help out.

Pot size is a "rule of thumb"...you just don't want the plants root bound...I've grown 5'+ plants in 3.4 gallon Air-Pots and 2'+ plants in 1 liter and 3 liter Air-Pots. Air-Pots as well as any other root pruning fabric pots will keep the plants from getting root bound.

Pot size also comes into play if you are trying to grow organically...especially for high Brix, bigger pots just work better. Somewhere between 5-8 gallons. :)

I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there...dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere, and I think you'll like it here!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines, they will assist you in navigating the forum. I also recommend you read through Forum Guideline FAQs before you get started.

Here are some other links that you might also want to check out:
Interested in growing Cannabis? :thumb:

One of the best places to start: How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know: How to Grow Marijuana
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
Questions about your grow:
Frequently Asked Questions
How to grow marijuana forum: How to Grow Marijuana
MMJ lounge: Grower's Lounge

One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals

Maybe information is your thing... :)

Cannabis and Hemp related news: 420 News
Just want the facts? Cannabis Facts, Medical Marijuana Facts, Industrial Hemp Facts
And who doesn't love science? Medical Marijuana Scientific Data

Need to learn how to upload photos, embed a video, add a link to your signature, etc.? It's all right here: Member Resources

420 Magazine's Mission Statement:
Mission Statement
Help support the cause: Help Support 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering...you can win some really cool prizes!

There's so much information here, that it can seem a bit overwhelming at times...hopefully these links will help get you started, and please feel free to ask if you need any help!

:Namaste:

Welcome Agen!!!

Can't wait to see your grow journal, was reading about that Dr. Earth's soil the other day...looks like really good stuff :)

Back
Top Bottom