Harsh Smoke

WthAmIDoing

Seems like my bud has a little harshness and a really outdoor smell to it.
Outdoor
Unknown strain
First batch curing for about a month and it’s dry. 2nd batch dried by 2 weeks. 3rd is still slightly moist, about 1 1/2weeks.

Just ordered Boveda packs, Will i see improvement?

Please let me know if this is just a bad batch so i can just use it for oil lol

Smell might improve with more curing, but the harshness most likely will not. Did you flush well?
I hope i did. I flushed about 2 weeks prior. The smell in the first 2 plants have decreased significantly. I’m hoping Boveda packs will bring them back a bit

Seems like my bud has a little harshness and a really outdoor smell to it.

I don't know about the harshness, but are you drying outdoors? This can give weed a "grassy" smell. My first grow I dried inside my greenhouse. It didn't hurt the potency, but the leaves got bleached out from the sun and the buds did indeed have a grassy smell.

I don't know about the harshness, but are you drying outdoors? This can give weed a "grassy" smell. My first grow I dried inside my greenhouse. It didn't hurt the potency, but the leaves got bleached out from the sun and the buds did indeed have a grassy smell.
Grew outdoor, dried indoor. Had low humidity around 43%. Just put Boveda packs in them I’m hoping they’ll revive them

Update:
My third plant has improved in smell and taste over time. I just put the packs in a few days ago and other batches have rehydrated. It may not help with the ascetics but it’ll make them “fresher”

I’ve heard boveda packs will hurt smell/flavor in first two weeks of curing. Curing should make your bud feel smoother at least a little bit
Not true. I use them every cure from the first day in the jar. It will regulate the RH in the jar and you don't have to crack them. Been doing it for almost 3 years straight. They are a God send.

Not true. I use them every cure from the first day in the jar. It will regulate the RH in the jar and you don't have to crack them. Been doing it for almost 3 years straight. They are a God send.
We will have to agree to disagree. I’ve tried harvests that had been cured with and without boveda packs and will not be using them at least for the first 2+ weeks when you will still need to burp your jars anyways. Long term storage I would use them. Maybe I’m just a weed snob but I can definitely tell the difference in taste/smell. I will say maybe it’s a placebo effect that’s in my head - and that just because I’ve read and been told that they can hurt terpenes doesn’t mean that it’s true.

Back
Top Bottom