Harvest Day

Cannabelle

On harvest day, my precious girls have lost some of their green luster. They are no longer as pretty as they were in mid flower. Instead, they are beautiful with radiant maturity.

harvestday.png

Harvested branches sharing my scarf line.
Cotton Candy (Sativa) Left / Blue Blood (Indica) Right.
In the morning, Cotton Candy had a barely perceptible roast coffee smell.
It's great to wake-up to the light aroma of roast coffee!
The Blood Blood had no smell.

Cotton Candy on Harvest Day
The sativa branches are barely supporting the weight of the colas.
cottoncandyharvestday1.png

cottoncandyharvestday2.png

cottoncandyharvestday3.png

My fingers did stink like finger nail polish remover from handling sticky Cotton Candy resin.

:love::hug::love:

Blue Blood on Harvest Day
I'm surprised that this indica could support the weight of some of the fist sized colas.
bbharvestday1.png

bbharvestday2.png

Blood Blood resin on my fingers were mildly diesel.​

Edit:
I forgot to mention that both cannabis plants were grown using an allelopathic triad of alliums, glomus myc and cannabis. The alliums boost the effectiveness of the glomus myc, releases a root zone fungi/herbicide that inhibits the growth of harmful flora while enhancing the growth of other flora (glomus and cannabis). Another bonus is the allelopathic triad some how lowers terpene stink. I boosted the population of alliums in this grow, and the cotton candy terpenes give off a light roast coffee smell undisturbed. Will talk more about the triad when I start a grow journal.

Beautiful , and i do agree with the blue blood . i could sit and smell my fingers all day lol , i cut a few buds of the smaller one and when i went to open the scissors a bit later they were glued pmsl :)

LOL:love:

I keep alcohol packets to clean my scissors, bonsai bark cutters and fingers to unstick the tools and me! So sticky. I should use gloves but I am so Hawaiian-Asian old school and enjoy the texture of leaves and soil. I use all my senses when growing, including touch, smell, sound, taste as well as sight. I can't rely on my PPM and PH meters because I somehow make the meters fluctuate too much. So I just grow Hawaiian-Asian old school.

:love:Cannabelle,:love:

You're my new best friend! I want my buds to look just like your buds.:thumb: I've been growing this plant for 40 some odd years, but I've never grown buds like yours.:bravo:

I'll behave if I can follow your lead. You use terms I don't know, so I'll read and try to keep quiet. God Bless.

:circle-of-love:

Ps. I make oil for my prostate c.

:love:Cannabelle,:love:

You're my new best friend! I want my buds to look just like your buds.:thumb: I've been growing this plant for 40 some odd years, but I've never grown buds like yours.:bravo:

I'll behave if I can follow your lead. You use terms I don't know, so I'll read and try to keep quiet. God Bless.

Ps. I make oil for my prostate c.

Please feel free to ask questions. I'm a noobie when it comes to cannabis nomenclature. I know a lot of enthnobotany, Hawaiian, Chinese and Japanese botanical terminology but am sadly deficient in English and cannabis hipster terminology. The best I can do is use a little poetry to bridge the linguistic distances. Also, I am dyslexic, so sometimes my spelling and sentence structure is truly not of this dimension while my growing methods incorporate unorthodox ancient methods from Polynesia and Asia.

Hawaiians do have a great medicinal herbs for prostrate issues which could work in conjunction with cannabis oils. The herb is called ala ala wai nui and is endemic to the Hawaiian islands. Hawaiians use this plant in juiced and tea form with other herbs. I don't know what it's closest commercial peperomia relative would be outside of Hawaii. However, since it's in the same family as black pepper, I guess eat spicy by adding a healthy sprinkle of black pepper? I don't know. I've never grown Piper nigrum (black pepper). Note to self: order black pepper seeds.

Warmest aloha :love:

:love:Thanks Cannabelle, :love:
I think your spelling and sentence structure are impeccable!:bravo:

I'll check out the Hawaiian black pepper.:thumb:

Ps. I don't even know the correct questions to ask!

Pps. Here's one: What's the first thing you would add to Ocean Forrest potting soil? I'm transplanting from 5 gal pots to 65 gal smart pots. Help! I have 2 1/2 pallets of O.F. to work with.

:thanks:

Hugs 94xjjohn,

I haven't used Ocean Forrest and don't know if it contains glomus specific mycorrhizal fungi. Even if it did, I would re-innoculate the soil bagged soil because of the way soils are stored or transported. I wanted to pick-up some premium soil mix when we had a tax refund because I am often too fatigue from an auto-immune disorder, but when I saw all the bags left out in the hot sun, my heart sank. The right soil beneficials like glomus fungi would be all dead leaving the incorrect beneficials for alliums and cannabis. Glomus myc work best with cannabis when allium fistulum is present.

Update on the harvest and a curious theory

Hmmm. I may have planted too many alliums in this grow.

While the buds are sticky as heck, I feel like I am a cannabis barista. My bedroon has the faint odor of tea room. The Cotton Candy has gone from the faint odor of roast coffee to the faint odor of green tea. The Blue Blood has a faint oily tea smell like Earl Grey tea.

I knew alliums affected the scent of many Rosales order flowers, but this is truly amazing. I also know that myrcene, the synergistic pain killing medicinal terpene found in cannabis, also plays an intermediary role in the perfume industry in intensifying floral fragrance. What I think may be occurring with my cannabis, glomus, allium triad is myrcene stimulation. I really need to get well enough to investigate this phenomena in a real lab.

hi , how long did you flower your blue blood please , i think i am about week 7/8 ?

many thanks

Counting . . .

Flipped on May 5th, harvested on the July 20th . . . think thats a few days short of 80.

Bear in mind, I am growing with a combination of LEDs and CFLs with an assortment of ripening fruit on the top of the grow frame. If you grow under CFLs only, I'd add another 2-4 weeks.

Also, if you are needing more THC and a little less CBD, CBN and myrcene, I'd have harvested my Blue Blood 7-10 days earlier.

The small amount of ethylene coming from an apple or banana triggers similar response to red spectrum light or a windy day.

I love a woman who talks like that!

You are correct about how the soil bags are treated before use. They've been in 140 deg sun for months. Pretty dead I think.

How would you re-animate this stuff?

I love a woman who talks like that!

You are correct about how the soil bags are treated before use. They've been in 140 deg sun for months. Pretty dead I think.

How would you re-animate this stuff?

Hugs:love:

I purchase Glomus endomycorrhizal fungi from Kelp4Less.com. This is the product that contains no tricoderma. Tricoderma will compete and crowd out Glomus. Glomus is specific to cannabis and the alliums I grow with it.

I buy these Glomus inoculants during cool months so that the package doesn't sit in a hot truck or mail box.

Packaging day 6 days later:

harvest7-26a.png

harvest7-26b.png

harvest7-26c.png

harvest7-26d.png

harvest7-26e.png

2x1200ml glass jars +
1 600ml jar with a little leftover from last harvest​

Hi Cannabelle,:love:

Thanks for the Glomus ref.:thumb:

We've decided to keep the 25 girls in their 5 gal buckets so as to have time to condition (bud doc?) the O.F.:high-five:

Also, because I had a heart attack tuesday and we're so far behind already. Today a wind storm beat up some girls pretty bad.

We'll go in with 65gal s.pots and Doc Bud hb next season.

They sure look like tasty buds to me.:goodjob:

Great pics Cannabelle.. colorful and "artsy."

You're so organized.. help me with my first harvest?? :) Gosh I wish, every step is new ground but I'm managing. My indoor girls just started budding.

To successful harvests.. :bongrip:

Hugs 94xjjohn:love:

Sending lots of aloha your way. I know what its like to fall way behind schedule with a life threatening illness. I'm so behind on my projects because spring and summer sun is harsh on my immune system. Sunlight over stimulates my immune system and causes my own antibodies to attack healthy cells. During these months, I am mostly in a brain fog and can't hold on to procedural steps. This is why I am grateful to know enough about cross cultural ethnobotany to develop a triad system to help the soil ecology take care of my plants when I am too ill to water, fertilize or flush regularly.

I still have to bring myself to medicate more often. I have to remind myself that cannabis has an active ingredient that helps to switch off over active immune cells. This mechanism is the same mechanism that switches cancer cells off.

I have 6 seeds sprouting in medicine bottles at the moment that need to be planted today after mixing coco coir that I hydrated last night with minerals, perlite and vermiculite.

seeds7-30.png

Great pics Cannabelle.. colorful and "artsy."

You're so organized.. help me with my first harvest?? :) Gosh I wish, every step is new ground but I'm managing. My indoor girls just started budding.

To successful harvests.. :bongrip:

Hugs Six9 :love:

I am far from organized. I'm about the most disorganized person I know. I try my best to find some order and beauty in my chaos. The colorful background you see is my favorite Hawaiian silk scarf being held by a family member to hide the messy laundry pile directly behind the photo shoot. The pretty blue table cover is some xmas foil wrapping paper I used to trim my harvest on because I ran out of wax paper. I needed a smooth, bendable paper to make collecting and pouring of sticky harvest particles easier.

I Macguyvered that photo shoot to cover my messy room. Shhhhhhhhhh.:goof:

Hey Cannabelle! What a fantastic job! I too worry about the health of some of the micro organisms in bag soil when stored too long.
I have always added my own farm produced compost to boost microorganism levels. Last year I began adding algae from my pond to the compost mix and it seems to be adding a lot to my compost effectiveness. I go down to the pond with the tractor and front end loader. I rake up algae and load up the bucket. The algae also contains lots of pond water swimming with micro organisms as well as small fish, snails and tadpoles that get trapped in the mass. All of this goes on top of my second compost bin. I use a three stage compost cage, with fresh product going in one end and finished compost coming out the other. I have noticed a dramatic jump in growth especially during flowering.
I have even begun "plugging" my hillbilly airpots and filling the holes with compost at early preflower and have been seeing in immediate improvement. I am looking at this as perhaps a method to rescue ailing plants as well as helping flowering plants late in the grow. Again...very impressive job! Best of luck in all you grow!

Back
Top Bottom