Harvest drying too fast?

Stunned

Hi all,
I cut down and trimmed on Saturday March 10th
Today is March 13th and I'm noticing that things seem to be moving along faster than I expected
The trim which I had spread out on a cardboard box was done on the 12th
and I'm taking some of the smaller buds off today
Is this normal?
I'm thinking I'll be jarring everything before the weekend
Is it bad if things dry out too quick?
Where I live it is pretty dry
Humidity in the low to mid 30's

Hi all,
I cut down and trimmed on Saturday March 10th
Today is March 13th and I'm noticing that things seem to be moving along faster than I expected
The trim which I had spread out on a cardboard box was done on the 12th
and I'm taking some of the smaller buds off today
Is this normal?
I'm thinking I'll be jarring everything before the weekend
Is it bad if things dry out too quick?
Where I live it is pretty dry
Humidity in the low to mid 30's

The slower you can dry the better.

If you have the cash, you can order boveda 62% humidity wafers, and drop them in 1 qt. jars. They will keep the buds at a perfect 62% RH. A number of guys do that and say it works well. You can find them on eBay and Amazon. Ebay is the best deal, 10 for about $11

I just noticed you are in the Canadia...... Don't know if that is an option for you at this point. You will probably not get them in time.

Nah Canada has Amazon...1 day shipping if you have Prime :Namaste:

I didn't know if you curlers up there could get 1-day shipping. Even with three-day shipping, putting in jars and burping while waiting would be better than bud drying too fast.

The 8-gram ones are what I've been told works well with a qt, (960ml??)

If you think they’re drying to fast, can put them in shoe boxes or bigger boxes and punch lots of holes in them, add some apple slices, I had 9+ ozs and used and entire apple sliced up, changed it every couple days

My bud dried out WAY too fast and WAY too much...I left it hanging by my exhaust fan all weekend without even thinking about it....lesson learned the hard way

Drying out too fast led to the hay smell too unfortunately, nothing I could do to fix it :(
I didn't know if you curlers up there could get 1-day shipping. Even with three-day shipping, putting in jars and burping while waiting would be better than bud drying too fast

Nah it’s true...didn’t you hear VCRs just got leagalized for use up here too?:high-five:

If you think they’re drying to fast, can put them in shoe boxes or bigger boxes and punch lots of holes in them, add some apple slices, I had 9+ ozs and used and entire apple sliced up, changed it every couple days

My bud dried out WAY too fast and WAY too much...I left it hanging by my exhaust fan all weekend without even thinking about it....lesson learned the hard way

Drying out too fast led to the hay smell too unfortunately, nothing I could do to fix it :(

Nah it’s true...didn’t you hear VCRs just got leagalized for use up here too?:high-five:

LOL.... I know nothing about Canada, but curling and winter camping with a hot tent (wood stove). I watched a bunch of videos about that on YouTube. You people have some boondocks up there. I didn't know if he lived where the zip code is a longitude/latitude location. LOL

Good stuff about the VCRs though. They are bitchin!!! :rofl:

Thanks God, I needed a good laugh.... :thanks:

Also good information about the apple. Never would have thought, but it is logical.

ok, thx for the advice
If make more drastic chnages tomorrow if I think it's still running away
I have bankers boxes and apples if need be
If they’re drying too quickly can put them in the boxes alone without apple slices, will slow down the drying on its own :Namaste:
LOL.... I know nothing about Canada, but curling and winter camping with a hot tent (wood stove). I watched a bunch of videos about that on YouTube. You people have some boondocks up there. I didn't know if he lived where the zip code is a longitude/latitude location. LOL

Good stuff about the VCRs though. They are bitchin!!! :rofl:

Thanks God, I needed a good laugh.... :thanks:

Also good information about the apple. Never would have thought, but it is logical.

No problem! Lol...but you’re forgetting the 2 most Canadian things, Hockey & Maple syrup!! :rofl:

Apple trick I learned from a member here because of my mishap last grow lol

If they’re drying too quickly can put them in the boxes alone without apple slices, will slow down the drying on its own :Namaste:

No problem! Lol...but you’re forgetting the 2 most Canadian things, Hockey & Maple syrup!! :rofl:

Apple trick I learned from a member here because of my mishap last grow lol

Oh, that is why that big red leaf is on my syrup and those hockey team shirts....... Now I get it..... :laugh:

(ricochet coming) For years my wife stated that she hated maple syrup. I purchase some true, real, maple syrup ($10 pint or something like that). I made her try it. She decided that she like the expensive real stuff, but that imitation shit sucks.

Back
Top Bottom