Harvest question? Vacuum seal

So...here's the deal...last year...first grow...kept all my broad leaf trim...some popcorn buds...and gave to a friend to make tincture...she swears by it!...ok, kewl...this year harvest is much better(THANK YOU 420!)...my tincture mix is gonna be way better quality...way more GOOD popcorn buds...time and temps are making harvest a job(as well as the weather during the growing season...lolool...dayum global warming...or whatever)...Has anyone played with Vacuum sealer's to airtight seal fresh product to play with a later time...I use a food saver unit for wild game and garden harvests...works well...wondering if airtight sealing of fresh product could be played with at at a later date with good results??...any/ all advice appreciated...h00k....

Re: Harvest question??...Vacuum Seal

Hmmm? I too am lookin at a bumper crop this year and thinking about using vacuum packed jars to hold the harvest.I have checked u tube videos and some swear by using the wide mouth jar adapter to seal 'em up.I'm going to do my homework and look around. One guy told me you can loose the "personality" by vacuuming it....?? He was hard core dabber so what does he know haha..anyway I think its a good plan,I can't imagine burping 50 jars of weed for a month..Would be nice though.If I have too..,Red

Re: Harvest question??...Vacuum Seal

6 bags sealed and frozen...2 of which were bud...those 2 will probably stay there till late summer next year when they will be thawed dried and cured...guess time will tell.. as they say...h00k...

I work too hard to not pay attention at harvest time...my yard gets the proper cut, dry, glass jar cure...its just how I am...I make time for my garden and its needs....but some folk have priorities different from mine...to each their own...;))

mojo

thanks fer the replies fella's...when Ma nature deals Ya a Chitty hand...Ya gotta adapt...with night time low's below freezing and daytime highs getting inconsistent... temps pretty hard to control conditions when Yer away from home 10 hours at a time...harvest is good enuff that sufficient product(I hope) has been produced(in traditional methods) to carry over to next season...so many variables when this a part time job/once a year deal...if it werks out...kewl...if not...part of the learning curve...lolool...oh!...and SR...I would recommend containers rather than bags if you have the means and the space...amazing how much a bag shrinks...concerned a lil' bout the trich's...h00k...

So by compressing the buds that somehow wreck the trichs? I got a vacuume sealer and lots of wide mouth jars. Boy when i thought of growing my own i NEVER thought it would be so much work....harvest time is all comsuming. Mold is always just around the corner so you have to keep on it.. But it will be ok once everything is dry and stored...whuew !!! What a job haha...Thats why I considered freezing some ,just to try and get caught up. but I guess I should break down and do it the right way ....thanks ... Take care guys,Red

Hmmm? I too am lookin at a bumper crop this year and thinking about using vacuum packed jars to hold the harvest.I have checked u tube videos and some swear by using the wide mouth jar adapter to seal 'em up.I'm going to do my homework and look around. One guy told me you can loose the "personality" by vacuuming it....?? He was hard core dabber so what does he know haha..anyway I think its a good plan,I can't imagine burping 50 jars of weed for a month..Would be nice though.If I have too..,Red
I cure before vacuum packing the jars being sure to loosly pack the jars. You don't have to burp them, just remove hose from top of tool on jar. You don't put the screw-on lid until vaccum is finished. It takes some hand strength to remove the seal if the vacuuming is done correctly.

So by compressing the buds that somehow wreck the trichs? I got a vacuume sealer and lots of wide mouth jars. Boy when i thought of growing my own i NEVER thought it would be so much work....harvest time is all comsuming. Mold is always just around the corner so you have to keep on it.. But it will be ok once everything is dry and stored...whuew !!! What a job haha...Thats why I considered freezing some ,just to try and get caught up. but I guess I should break down and do it the right way ....thanks ... Take care guys,Red
Harvest time is a lot of work if you are doing a lot of plants. I try to stay small, but perpetual so I never run out. Always plan ahead for a failure now and then, but don't do so much it overwhelmes you. :thedoubletake:After curing correctly, the vaccumed crop will remain fresh and aromatic. When you crack open the seal you hear the whoosh as air rushes in. You can take what you need, re-vacuum the rest. Do not do this with wet herb, it can mold....taking the time to cure the smoke is vital to preventing mold from ruining the crop. Been there, done that! :rofl: Funny, but not very funny especially after hours of nurturing and care:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Hoz,Thanks for the info.I always let it dry thoroughly,do the snap test and then do "Burp Test" Put some in a jar with the lid on and watch for dampness for a while. When I feel sure its dry enough .......Seal them up..I'm very happy with the results.... This years plants were not so big . I had them in 10 gallon bags till mid July so they never got out a hand...Big isn't always better...And I had 2 different strains. One was a early one and they are all done and harvested all ready....so I i'm half way there...Red

Back
Top Bottom