Harvest question

Timhomegrow

First timer and just getting prepared for the chop....perhaps next week or the week after. I'll be doing the paper bag method but I'm a bit confused with the hanging/trimming part prior to the bag.

Should I hang the whole plant for a few days or trim most of the big leaves before hanging? Or better to cut each main branch and hang seperately?

Thanks

People do it all different ways but it depends on the environment u r doing the drying in,if it has low humidity u would want to leave it whole mostly, just take the fan leaves off, that’s so it doesn’t dry to fast, if u have high humidity u can break it down to branches or even buds so there isnt all the extra moisture from the steams and leaves that could maybe cause mold issues, but that’s just what I’ve read lol

People do it all different ways but it depends on the environment u r doing the drying in,if it has low humidity u would want to leave it whole mostly, just take the fan leaves off, that’s so it doesn’t dry to fast, if u have high humidity u can break it down to branches or even buds so there isnt all the extra moisture from the steams and leaves that could maybe cause mold issues, but that’s just what I’ve read lol
It's about 50% humidity which should be good right? I do have a dehumidifier if needed. Will be using a spare room in the basement for my drying room

THG,

I like bud washing right after chop, drip dry 4 hours. Yes what Stormblessed said on leave whole plant versus break down to branches but since it’s your first harvest play it safe to prevent pm & break down to main branches.

Great - As you know you should def hang branches not lay them flat on table. Spread out for air flow in between. No dehumidifier too much too fast, don’t hang near concrete or cinderblock walls. Remove or avoid hanging near any strong odors- paints, fuels, fireplace, chemicals, pets, blah blah. Dark is better - keep air moving but don’t point fan right at your harvest. Got all your supplies - Bovedas or equivalent? Several mini hygrometers for jars? Paper bags & jars with lids?

Whether to take fans now or later more personal preference, suggest you try both to learn more. Sugar leaf is premium trim don’t waste it. Fan leaves are not great but mix fan leaves & sugar leaf trim on a 1 to 1 ratio to make cobs, oil or whatever.

Yes... see monster cob on page 3 of my journal in signature below. She looks like Frankenstein’s turd right now but before end of summer she will be 4 zips of the finest COVID19 pandemic insurance you have ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom