Harvest Time Question

kingkola1

I am looking for help in predicting the future growth and harvest time for my plants. I am just finishing my 8th week of flowering. For the purpose of me counting weeks, I considered flipping to 12/12 transition 24/7 light and 36 hours dark at the end the first week rather than the first week with a bud showing. Then the HPS light is on 12/12. I am growing in 30% Foxfarm, 30% Perlite, 30% coco, 1000W HPS. I am using Emerald Harvest 2 part nutrients system where they have the feeding weeks all line up for me. After their "late flower" feed schedule, they have a week of "ripening" feed, then a week of "flushing" feed. After adding feeding the flush nutrients, I water for a week with ph balanced RO water until the TDS gets down to around 300 ppm then chop and hang.

My question is predicting where the plants will be after a week of ripening and a week of flushing from their current state.

I have 7 plants and also different strains. Mostly Indica or Indica dominate hybrids. Not looking for complete couch lock effect but more concerned with highest yield and strongest effects which means I don't want to harvest with with a lot of amber trichomes for an Idica if my thinking is right (say, less than 10% amber).

For these two plants, I am thinking about skipping the "ripening" week and starting "flush week" in tomorrows feeding (Sunday). That means about one more week before chopping the plants. What do you think?
A. OG Kush [seed spec is 8.0 wks of flower] : Top part of plant has 85% to 90% brown pitas, the lower is 50% brown. The trichomes are 90% cloudy, 5% to 10% amber and fan leaves are turning yellow fast.
B. Lost Coast Hash Plant [seed spec is 9.5 wks] has 95% brown pistils, and 20% amber trichomes 80% cloudy trichomes.

For these, I am considering doing the ripening week and then start the flush week (2 more weeks before chop). What do you think?
C. Ayahuasca Purple [seed spec is 8.5 wks] has 50% brown pistils, the rest of the white pistils are thinning and starting to curl inward. All trichomes are 100% cloudy. (should I put this one in flush week starting tomorrow?) The trichomes on this one are very large and plentiful.
D. Chocolate Cream (always has great yields for me) [seed spec is 8.0 wks] has 30% brown pistils, most of the white pistils are thinning and curling inward, The trichomes are 90% milky and 10% amber. (should I put this one into flush week starting tomorrow?)
E. Blue Berry 1 [seed spec is 8.5 wks] has 25% brown pistils, trichomes are 80% milky, 10% clear and 10% amber
F. Blue Berry 2 [seed spec is 8.5 wks] has 25% brown pistils, all white pistils are thin and curling, the thrichomes are 80% milky and 20% clear (no amber)
G. Blue Berry 3 [seed spec is 8.5 wks] has 5% brown pistils, 80% cloudy trichomes and 10% clear trichomes and 10% amber trichomes. Interestingly, the trichomes on this one seem short with small heads compared to all of the others plants and strains in the grow.

Thanks in advance for your advice! Everything is getting exciting! This is my third grow.

Here is a chart to help don't go by breeders everyone's environment is a bit different. Go by trichromes bud

527722eb5c938ad35474d5bf6f89dcd7.jpg

I guess the answer I was looking for was more like when will my plants be at the "Highest level of THC" per your picture above and not what they look like when it is time to chop the plants. For example, will it take 1 week, 2 more weeks, or 3 more weeks? Should I add another week of late flowering feed on any of the plants to stretch to 3 weeks, do I need to skip the ripening week on some plants, etc. I want to take my plants from where they are today to the highest TCH level (and highest density level) picture above somehow. How many days more does it take to go from one picture to the next in your attachment? Each week is different in the Emerald Harvest feeding schedule so you need an idea of what to expect in the next few days or weeks (especially important in mid and late flowering).

But then, if I am going after the "Highest Level Of THC" picture above, maybe I should be starting flush week on all of them tomorrow?

I guess the answer I was looking for was more like when will my plants be at the "Highest level of THC" per your picture above and not what they look like when it is time to chop the plants. For example, will it take 1 week, 2 more weeks, or 3 more weeks? Should I add another week of late flowering feed on any of the plants to stretch to 3 weeks, do I need to skip the ripening week on some plants, etc. I want to take my plants from where they are today to the highest TCH level (and highest density level) picture above somehow. How many days more does it take to go from one picture to the next in your attachment? Each week is different in the Emerald Harvest feeding schedule so you need an idea of what to expect in the next few days or weeks (especially important in mid and late flowering).

Usually a good 5-7 days is good

Every strain is different, every situation as well

Pics help alot to judge the real location in the time frames you mentioned

I've had plants take 3 weeks to go from 25% clear to all cloudy, and some take 1 week

There is no "this applies to all plants" senerio at this point in your grow especially with so many different strains

Add some pics and we can help a but more

Here are some pictures. The pics with white back grounds are at the start of 8 weeks of flowering, the pics with a tan back ground of the colas are today (Sunday) after 8 weeks of flowering. Will these be ready to chop in a week for max THC if I begin flushing today?
OG_Kush_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
OG_Kush_Bud_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Lost_Coast_Hash_Plant_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Lost_Coast_Hash_Plant_Bud_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Chocolate_Cream_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Chocolate_Cream_Bud_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Blue_Berry_3_Bud_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Blue_Berry_2_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Blue_Berry_2_Bud_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Blue_Berry_1_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Blue_Berry_1_Bud_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Ayahusca_Purple_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Ayahusca_Purple_Bud_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
OG_Kush_After_8_weeks_of_flower.jpeg
Lost_Coast_Hash_Plant_after_8_weeks_of_flower.jpeg
Chocolate_Cream_after_8_weeks_of_flower_-1.jpeg
Chocolate_Cream_after_8_weeks_of_flower.jpeg
Blue_Berry_3_after_8_weeks_of_flower.jpeg
Blue_Berry_2_After_8_weeks_of_flower.jpeg
Blue_Berry_1_After_8_weeks_of_flower.jpeg
Ayahusca_Purple_after_8_weeks_of_flower_-1.jpeg

The pictures with the light colored background are at the beginning of 8 weeks of flower. The close ups of the colas with dark backgrounds are AFTER 8 weeks of flower. If I start flushing today, will they be ready to chop in about 7 days with the goals of max THC? Opps, sorry for the duplicate post (was having probs with upload and don't know how to get rid of the previous post)
OG_Kush_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
OG_Kush_Bud_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Lost_Coast_Hash_Plant_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Lost_Coast_Hash_Plant_Bud_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Chocolate_Cream_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Chocolate_Cream_Bud_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Blue_Berry_3_Starting_wk_8_Flower.JPG
Blue_Berry_3_Bud_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Blue_Berry_2_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Ayahusca_Purple_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG
Ayahusca_Purple_Bud_Starting_wk_8_flower.JPG

After 8 weeks of flowering:
Chocolate_Cream_after_8_weeks_of_flower_-1.jpeg
Blue_Berry_2_After_8_weeks_of_flower.jpeg
Blue_Berry_1_After_8_weeks_of_flower.jpeg
Ayahusca_Purple_after_8_weeks_of_flower_-1.jpeg
Ayahusca_Purple_after_8_weeks_of_flower.jpeg

This is my thoughts, starting from last pic going up, based on pics and hairs only, can't see tricomes odviously

Last three look pretty close based on compact and orange hairs

#4 is a but farther out, white hairs still popping out

Pics 5 and 6 look 2 weeks or so out

Last couple look close, week or so

This is my thoughts, starting from last pic going up, based on pics and hairs only, can't see tricomes odviously

Last three look pretty close based on compact and orange hairs

#4 is a but farther out, white hairs still popping out

Pics 5 and 6 look 2 weeks or so out

Last couple look close, week or so
Hi was wondering if u could help. not sure if I'm still too clear to start flushing would like 1 or 2 weeks flush min.
I'm growing in a dwc.
The hairs are still white but iv read that I shouldn't
Work off of the hair colours.
Thanks in advance

bdff2b0e52b97067d7f950f35e20fe18.jpg
383b57d7bd99a448dee93d3aef8ab7f8.jpg

Hi was wondering if u could help. not sure if I'm still too clear to start flushing would like 1 or 2 weeks flush min.
I'm growing in a dwc.
The hairs are still white but iv read that I shouldn't
Work off of the hair colours.
Thanks in advance

bdff2b0e52b97067d7f950f35e20fe18.jpg
383b57d7bd99a448dee93d3aef8ab7f8.jpg
Careful judging tricomes on leaves, the degrade faster

Honestly,in my mind, waiting an extra week won't effect the THC too much

Check the tricomes good. The hairs do make sure difference. Fluffy white hairs depict an active growth, flat and compact means it's slowing

The plants do look good though, nice job

Chris, Below are some pics of the trichomes next to the bud pictures previously provided. The photos are not great but were the best I could do. Which plants should I put into flush week today and which should I put into ripening week followed by a flush week to get the highest THC levels?

OG Kush after 8 weeks of flower:
OG_Kush_Trich_after_8_wks_flower.jpg

Lost Cost Hash Plant after 8 weeks of flower:
LCHP_Trich_after_8_wks_flower.jpg

Chocolate Cream after 8 weeks of flower:
CC1_Trich_after_8_wks_flower.jpg

Blue Berry 3 after 8 weeks of flower:
BB3_Trich_after_8_wks_flower.jpg

Blue Berry 2 after 8 weeks of flower:
BB2_Trich_after_8_wks_flower.jpg

Ayahusca Purple after 8 weeks of flower:
A_Purple_Trich_after_8_weeks_flower.jpg

Blue Berry 1 after 8 weeks of flower:
BB1_Trich_after_8_wks_flower.jpg

Chris, Below are some pics of the trichomes next to the bud pictures previously provided. The photos are not great but were the best I could do. Which plants should I put into flush week today and which should I put into ripening week followed by a flush week to get the highest THC levels?

OG Kush after 8 weeks of flower:
OG_Kush_Trich_after_8_wks_flower.jpg

Lost Cost Hash Plant after 8 weeks of flower:
LCHP_Trich_after_8_wks_flower.jpg

Chocolate Cream after 8 weeks of flower:
CC1_Trich_after_8_wks_flower.jpg

Blue Berry 3 after 8 weeks of flower:
BB3_Trich_after_8_wks_flower.jpg

Blue Berry 2 after 8 weeks of flower:
BB2_Trich_after_8_wks_flower.jpg

Ayahusca Purple after 8 weeks of flower:
A_Purple_Trich_after_8_weeks_flower.jpg

Blue Berry 1 after 8 weeks of flower:
BB1_Trich_after_8_wks_flower.jpg

Again..this is me.....and I'm not a big Amber, couch lock guy, but I don't rush them either

1st wait, if yer in a hurry, sure flush it

2nd isn't hash plant a CBD, if so, or not, looks ready

3,4,5 wait for sure

The purple, me I'd wait, love me Purple and I'd want it darker, but yer call

Last one I'd wait too

Staggering yer harvest will be easier too, trying to trim 3 plants in a day isn't fun...lol

Very sexy girls my Friend...I want that Purple girl and Blueberry is one of my favorite Strains I've grown

Well, I just put the OG Kush and Lost Coast Hashplant into Flush (skipping the ripening week). The others are in the ripening week and then will put them into Flush week next Sunday. The OG Kush leaves are getting yellow quickly and did not want my buds getting yellow too plus the lower trichomes on the OG Kush were 100% cloudy even though they still had a lot of white pistals.

This is Sunday. On Tuesday I plan to put the Purple and the Blue Berry into a dark room at night (lights off time) separate from the other plants and open a window to the outside. It is 45F to 55F at night here now and thought the cool night exposure would bring out some of the purple and blue colors since the cold is supposed to make the plants think it is Autum/Fall. Exposing them to the cold could also put them into a bit of shock so I didn't want to waste a whole week of ripening by putting them into the cold right now at night if they do go into shock.

Anyway, thanks again for your help and quick responses, Chris!

Cheers!

I took many pictures of the plants during the last few weeks of flowering. What I learned from this grow was that very roughly, once the white Pistils just begin to turn brown, get thin and curl inward toward the bud, the browning will then increase about 25% (or perhaps a little more) per week and the trichomes will change from clear to cloudy at about 50% per week and some trichomes will start to turn amber. It seems that during this time, new pistals and trichomes may grow as well.

Back
Top Bottom