Harvest time question?

It’s been asked before, I know, but all the conjecture has me questioning. Should I feed up until harvest or use pure h20 for a week prior? I have been feeding with earth juice organic nutrients. Bonus question...48hr dark prior to the cut, yay/nay??? The big day approaches :goof::party:

I feed right up to harvest. The day before harvest, at lights out, I unplug the lights. I cut 12 - 16 hrs later.

From everything I've read, the leaves change color because of light reduction, not reduced nutrient uptake. Because of the reduced light, leaves stop their food making process. When that happens, chlorophyll breaks down and the green color disappears. People stop feeding near the end, thinking that the leaves will supply the nutes. I can not find any info that supports that theory.

If you've got a link that shows otherwise, I'd love to read it. I'm always trying to find the truth so I can grow the best plants possible.

Pics?

Maybe your plants have been overfed and you should let it just use up what’s stored. What i mean is if we see the plant the recommendations you get would be more accurate.

From everything I've read, the leaves change color because of light reduction, not reduced nutrient uptake. Because of the reduced light, leaves stop their food making process. When that happens, chlorophyll breaks down and the green color disappears. People stop feeding near the end, thinking that the leaves will supply the nutes. I can not find any info that supports that theory.

If you've got a link that shows otherwise, I'd love to read it. I'm always trying to find the truth so I can grow the best plants possible.

When you stop feeding, elements stored in the leaves will be relocated as needed. That is just how it is. Like when you get N def it starts at the bottom because N is relocated to sustain the growth of the actively growing leaves.

Back
Top Bottom