Harvesting a hermie?

The Old Toby

So I am harvesting the second of my two white widows and low and behold, I find seeds! Being a fairly new grower, I was at first, very confused. After doing a little reading, I guess this is a hermaphrodite but I’m not sure how it happened.

I was growing two white widow clones and two Girl Scout cookies clones in a 4 x 4 tent, and this is the last of the four to be harvested. After finding seeds in this batch, I went and looked through the others carefully. The GSC show no signs of seeds anywhere. The other white widow, however, I was able to find two immature green seeds. Looking more closely at the plant I just harvested tonight, I see what I am afraid might be male flowers.

I have smoked the other white widow that was harvested a couple weeks ago and it certainly does not seem to be lacking in potency, which I read can be an issue with hermie plants. Take a look at the pictures and let me know if anyone has any thoughts. I’m thinking it’s genetics since The GSC would’ve been subject to all the same environmental stressors, and yet did not develop any hermaphroditic qualities.
D4FD67CA-BF3F-46EA-871C-9CB248837B9B.jpeg
76EDD06B-4307-4DAF-B4BC-971151990456.jpeg
F4D15A1E-198C-468A-8718-EF3B1AF224A4.jpeg

With just a few seeds u should still b good, I think the lack of potency happens when the plant is focusing most of its energy on growing a bunch of seeds instead of buds/THC
Fair enough. Thanks as always. Haven’t gone through either batch extensively, so we’ll have to wait and see once they are dry and cured a bit more. Fingers crossed. Probably a stupid question, but are the seeds good for anything? Will they only produce hermies if planted? They look like mature seeds, but they seem tiny.

I have a few bag seeds growing now, and they smelt so damn good lol
BAFC8B71-D04B-41EE-992E-100B002091D3.jpeg
Noice! :yummy: Got 4 Strawberry Glue clones coming up next, but after that I’m taking a Christmas break, so the next grow will be from seeds. So far I’ve only grown from clones, so that’ll be a whole new learning curve!

Back
Top Bottom