Harvesting an auto question?

lymp

Do you harvest when the top buds are ready even if the bottom are still just white hairs? Or wait till the bottom hairs go orange and fill out the whole plant?

In this thread is lots of links to good info to answer this question.

How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

It took me 19 seconds to find this one

What are Trichomes? Trichome 101

But the answer to your question is you follow through with measuring around the plant and when the average measurement is to the level you want you can take it down. You must read up om what it takes to call it mature. There is a very large range on what is considered good and it is up to you. Do you want to sink into the couch or do you want to run around cleaning?

If you are in a good light with good training they should all be very close to the same maturity.

:goodluck:

I have read up on pistols and trichomes, I'm just wondering if it's normal to harvest while the bottom buds are still unripe. Or if people wait for the bottom buds even if the top ones
Have brown pistols and some amber trics?

Right so what I said was...

Most people wait until the average around the plant is to their liking.

And I said

If the training is done correctly the vast majority will mature at about the same time so this call is easy.

If you have not trained the plant to maximize yields and potency then you have to deal with what you created. And it really is not crazy to take off all the main kolas and leave the small ones and let them go longer if you want. But there are some tricks to that to get it done to the best quality you can.

In fact some people will take all the main kolas and the turn the plant back into veg and start a second harvest on the same plant.

I smoke a lot of weed...but not that much.

The plant hasn't had any training at all so I guess that's probably why. So I can take off the main kolas and leave the others to finsih? can't reveg as it's an auto.

ohhhh Auto....um yeah I don't know never tried that on an auto. I am growing my first ones now.

Man I would just be cool and let the top go nice and long. Then take it all. The real point of an auto is you get quick but small yields anyway.

The problem is cutting and letting it continue is hard because of the shock. it wont kill it. The plant will go into shock and then rebound. I don't know what is gonna happen on that auto. I bet if you try your popcorn turns int nice bats.

But the issue is being an auto they are on their own timeline and out of your control so you can't really control what they are doing. I don't know how well these ladies can repair themselves or handle real stress. In my research they can hermi real easy compared to others. Not if it isn't too hot and all is good they probably ill act like a normal plant and just grow some bats after re-bound.

Good luck!

Why don't you take a pic when you think the top is ready and post it at the end of this thread. Then e will all say "2 more weeks"...Then 2 weeks later we can chop down all the mature ones and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom