Harvesting question!

dakotamoon

This is only my 2nd grow, as you can see from the pix attached - I have many, many kola's and trichomes - I can see the white dust everywhere .. how do I try to harvest without losing all those loose trichomes, during drying many will fall off - so how do I try to save the white dust that we all crave?

Attachments

• Ladies March 20.JPG
    Ladies March 20.JPG
    740.7 KB · Views: 30
I take it you have not yet touched your plants. :) You will find them to be very sticky. Those trichomes are not going to fall off. I dunk mine vigorously after cutting into a bucket of water with hydrogen peroxide in it. Then, I dunk it in a bucket full of water with baking soda and lemon juice in it. If that were not enough, I dunk it again very vigorously in a bucket of clear rinse water.
In all of this, none of my trichomes fall off. None fall off while drying either. You are safe. Congratulations on a great grow! :peace::love:

Thanks, good stuff. Can I ask why you do the dunking in peroxide, baking soda and lemon juice? This is only my 2nd grow, so much to learn. The congratulations are welcome, but so many here have helped me get to this point. This forum is amazing!

There is a thread for "bud washing" here somewhere, personally I don't except for outside stuff (and I just do once with regular water) or if I had a bug problem, as my indoor stuff clean enough in my mind, but like everything "to each their own".

There is a thread for "bud washing" here somewhere, personally I don't except for outside stuff (and I just do once with regular water) or if I had a bug problem, as my indoor stuff clean enough in my mind, but like everything "to each their own".
Yes, Dwight explained it correctly, it is bud washing. I have found that even growing in a tent in my basement, all sorts of dust and debris, pet hair, housemate hair, and whatever... it all ends up in my buds because of my insane air exchange rate in my tent. I have found that washing my buds at the end not only cleans out enough dirt and debris that after 3 or 4 plants I can see it in my rinse waters, but I have definitely noticed an improvement in the smokablity of my washed buds too... they just end up smoother and more evenly burning.

Back
Top Bottom