Has anyone else noticed?

homegrowndan

Has anyone else that grows with LED lights noticed that you cant really hang out in your room that long without almost going blind?? How can i prevent from going blind while just tending to my ladies?? are there like a special kind of sunglasses to prevent this, cause i went in there with a nice pair of oakleys and i was still seeing green when i got out. what can i do to prevent this or is it inevitable??

The only real way to do it is to work in there during the dark period with really weak green light or to turn on a regular overhead light and turn off the LED's. Never look directly at the LED's on the panel, they are bright and can produce UV that can damage your eyes.
Exactly. Or, you could possibly wear a welders helmet while doing that, or very dark sunglasses. About it haha.

The only real way to do it is to work in there during the dark period with really weak green light or to turn on a regular overhead light and turn off the LED's. Never look directly at the LED's on the panel, they are bright and can produce UV that can damage your eyes.

Hosebomber:
Your advice hear is dead on. This is the same thing I figured out during my first LED grow. LED`s will play havoc with your vision. I open the door, turn on the overhead light and turn off the LED`s. Works out alot better. And do not look into the LED`s.
Happy Growing
Peace
Yooper Rex

Back
Top Bottom