Has anyone ever tired or tho of a patio pond

Celeise

I have a patio pond we got on clearance at lowes think it was like $50
Well has anyone ever tho of or tired growing in one. Switching things around does anyone think that would be possible.
image11121.jpg
image11122.jpg

I used a 6' kids swimming pool from walmart My Sunshine 6' Snap-Set Pool - Walmart.com
and some air stones. Put only about 4 inches of water and set the fabric pot in the pool. How I made my fabric pots $3 DIY fabric grow pots I had them sitting on those wire baskets in the pool also and the roots grew thru the fabric pots.
IMG_040119.JPG

That was 6 weeks ago, they are double that size now with nice thick trucks. I'm putting the in the ground now, so no new pool pic.

It's does have a drainage hole in it. We also have a siphon system (I don't know if I'm calling it the right thing) it sucks all the liquids outta things. We have had this pond just sitting in shed for forever and haven't even used it so I figured why not experiment.

That's a good ideal to w/ the pool. Those r nice plants. I have a dual air pump and 2 big air stones. It came with a pump. It's like 30x30 and 14 in deep. I have the plastic pond containers and growing medium. We're gonna make a light set up for it. I found it on the net somewhere but I don't remember where to give them the credit. As soon as we get it going I'll set up pics in here

Ok, so here's a start to it. It's night time here so just the regular light r on. Either tonight or tomorrow we'll make the light set up. I'll post another pic then. I transplanted the plants from pots and washed roots completely out. If the plants don't die and it seems like it will work then I'll start a journal on it
image11151.jpg

See I tho so. I tired to tell hubby that and he looked at me funny. Lol. I will get that added in there. Here are pics. I have 12 6500k lights on them
image11156.jpg

image11157.jpg

Patio pond was working great had new growing going and all already. It was great till my dogs decided it was a pool. I had bought the insulated styrofoam from homedepot had it over the water. My min pins jumped in it ate 2 of the 4 plants and chewed up the styrofoam. Thank you god my dogs didn't die from plants or nutrients in water. Needless to say it is pulled down now. Moving everything to closet away from animals and all. I think I'm gonna do a dwc in closet out of Rubbermaid container and out the lights in there. I moved the aero garden I converted w/ cfl lights into the closet already.

Back
Top Bottom