Has Anyone Growing Under HPS Seen This?

Aroxol

Hey everyone, have a two part question I’m hoping you can help with:

1. Do you know what this is (encountered before)?
2. Has anyone experienced this growing with HPS?

C5564C6C-58BA-4EA5-98B4-99CA1BF4C57B.jpeg
BCBBB52B-2054-4D1A-A9A0-9733F2109F17.jpeg
99BC5319-BFA8-443A-A03D-08F1159B0B5D.jpeg

I will let some DWC guys chime in on recommendations because I grow only in promix or real soil but between 5.6 and 5.9 is where you want to be in flower. Veg i I would run a tad higher in DWC.

I will let some DWC guys chime in on recommendations because I grow only in promix or real soil but between 5.6 and 5.9 is where you want to be in flower. Veg i I would run a tad higher in DWC.
I will say though again, your picture is almost textbook for salty grow medium. The fact that this is a dwc kind of takes it out of my league but if this were in any type of dry medium I would bet money on it.

Appreciate the help fanleaf. What makes this so challenging is this is one plant with various shit going down. Buds all look great... but there’s yellowing in the right, and then what you’re saying is salt buildup on the lower left. Back of the plant looks textbook healthy.

PH is good, water temp is good, grow room has CO2 and is within sweet spot for VPD, lots of airflow.

This is my first go with DWC and it’s becomming annoyingly more complicated than coco and I’m tired of all the guessing and/or “advice” I keep getting that doesn’t resolve anything.

My hope is someone very seasoned in DWC can just tell me wtf is going on, not generic replies. Maybe I’m the only dwc grower who’s seen this...but I’d imagine not.

3C49FF17-E733-4245-939C-3F03203B76CB.jpeg

I'll see if I can find a few of the dwc guys here to help out too. That's why I wanted to be honest with you up front that I'm not a dwc grower and just comparing what I see from other mediums. Letting you know right off the bat that dwc is sort of Out of My League. Yeah, the more I look at it it looks like there are some issues there that I would not put the falls on the lights. I'm going to follow along and see if a few of the dwc guys show up and give good recommendations. There are a bunch of them here. Again, I'm not a dwc grower but if I were to be in this situation I would probably do a one day flush and then reset everything. I'll follow along and see what they say. Good luck man, looking pretty good right now

Shes huge man, I’d put bets on over a LB. LOL that’s what’s elevating my frustration. I’m riding it out no matter what, but messing with water and reservoirs has officially reached the point of being as bad as - maybe worse - than trimming. And that’s saying a lot.
Oh God, That does say a lot. I hire out that trimming b.s. lol.

On another forum it was recommended to flush for 24 hours with a flushing agent. This assumes it’s a nutrient issue over a light issue, but since I’ve already moved the lights and I want to get to a successful harvest... it’s worth a shot. Please LMK if anyone disagrees with an agent or the flush duration. Thanks.

Dosent look light related to me, how far away is yer HPS at.
Looks nute related

So I'm assuming pH is under 6.0
No goop in DWC and bright white roots

What nutes? Full strength I assume.
Any pk booster?
Calmag?

Bad leaves won't fix itself and won't fix overnight

LED - over 30 inches

PH is at 5.7

Roots don’t have rot

Botanicare Pure Blend Pro (not full strength)

Calmag Plus

PK is Hydroplex

The bad leaves will never heal, I’m fine with that. I don’t want that same deficiency (if that’s what this is spreading). So I guess the question is will a flush help or is that just more busy work? And if it will, what should the duration be?

New roots (bottom of bucket) are nice and white. Top of root ball, the oldest part, is brown; however thats mainly attributed to a product I use called ReCharge. I think I’m dialed down on all nutes, not full strength on anything.

I have RO water and/or tap water I can use.

I kind of thought the same thing about flush, so I’m just wondering what the play is, if anything. Any thoughts?

Fuck. Whatever this is it’s spreading across plant. Fanleaf sounded pretty confident about salt buildup... adding more nutes is only going to increase EC and this is where it gets tough. I’m going to drain and run PH’d water and then reset nutes. Man these colas are huge and this is so annoying. Guys, this is officially at DEFCON 1 - please feel free to solicit this to anyone you know as I could really use the help. Just assume I’ve already tried all the “usual” fixes.

@Alienpus

C5D3A364-D3AE-4BB9-9B8F-92452CF99396.jpeg
DDD3108A-91A8-4B13-88E6-E4DFAC804CFC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom