Has anyone had an allergic reaction?

Ghostwriter31

Ok so as a child I had allergies to the extreme . I was allergic to everything , except I didn’t have any food allergies. My parents had to move from GA because of my allergies. Eventually I outgrew them and by the time I was 18 I was ok. I had to get shots pretty regular until then . As a adult I am not allergic to much .
However, after harvesting today’s 5 plants I have been having fits. Sneezing, itchy throat , nasal passage swollen , stuffed up and miserable. Has this happened to any of you guys /gals ?

Have you hay fever some plants in harvest have nanners that contain pollen , i think you got a cloud of pollen , its very possible , next time wear a mask as they hide in buds and can be hard to spot :) :goodluck: take a few hay fever pills

couple of examples , the little yellow bananas are pollen sacs

download (1).jpg
download (2).jpg

Ok so as a child I had allergies to the extreme . I was allergic to everything , except I didn’t have any food allergies. My parents had to move from GA because of my allergies. Eventually I outgrew them and by the time I was 18 I was ok. I had to get shots pretty regular until then . As a adult I am not allergic to much .
However, after harvesting today’s 5 plants I have been having fits. Sneezing, itchy throat , nasal passage swollen , stuffed up and miserable. Has this happened to any of you guys /gals ?
I had a friend who’s older brother gave us his stash one time cuz he developed an allergy. A bad one! And couldn’t smoke anymore.

one time I ate some mushrooms with a friend and we both got a bad infection in our lungs for about a week. I thought I was going to die. My lungs were full of like sea foam looking stuff. Crazy Stuff!

Ghostwriter, it sounds like quite a reaction. Not to worry you, but have you thought of Covid?
No brother it’s not Covid , I know when I’ve been exposed to pollen. I just didn’t know how to verbalize it last night . The professor hit a home run with his assessment . 3 of my plants had those yellow “ nanners “ and I plowed right through a bunch of them . There was 2 instances where I must have inhaled a load of the stuff because I went bonkers . I couldn’t breathe last night because my nose was stopped up so bad . Had a tissue in both nostrils.
If you had allergies like I did as a child , you know immediately when you’ve entered muddy waters .
Much better this morning and time to see after the refrigerator

I had a friend who’s older brother gave us his stash one time cuz he developed an allergy. A bad one! And couldn’t smoke anymore.

one time I ate some mushrooms with a friend and we both got a bad infection in our lungs for about a week. I thought I was going to die. My lungs were full of like sea foam looking stuff. Crazy Stuff!
Yep that sounds like a reaction to bad shit like mold or something. These were 5 plants at maturity that as the professor pointed out could have manners , which they did . I believe pollen was the culprit to my sneezing. I’ve been around weed for the last 35 years and have had a few allergic reactions to it along the way but none like yesterday. It won’t cause me to drop off my stash at a buddy’s house but I will be more careful next time I harvest. I also need to find out more on why they had nanners , because nanners lead to seeds and that’s not good when you are chopping

Have you hay fever some plants in harvest have nanners that contain pollen , i think you got a cloud of pollen , its very possible , next time wear a mask as they hide in buds and can be hard to spot :) :goodluck: take a few hay fever pills

couple of examples , the little yellow bananas are pollen sacs

download (1).jpg
download (2).jpg
Yep had pollen sacs because I already found a very mature seed and I just chopped. I believe I know which one hermied . I hope it was just one plant

No not even in the lineage , I believe it’s gonna be Terp Town or Curb Check by Cannorado. Neither follow the blueberry line that I’m aware of. My next grow was going to include nothing but blueberry strains . Problems with nanners with these strains ?

this was 2020 another post , I wouldn't trust unless i had optimal growing room , too fussy

Hey there experienced growers. I’ve run into something that I’ve not seen in my short 3 years of growing. Now I’ve grown some amazing stuff (good quality and quantity) getting over a pound under one led light. The problem I have is I have a blueberry strain that is not producing any trichomes and I’m in week 7 flower. There are some but hardly. I have 2 other plants that are super frosty in the same tent. Just recently it looks like she is getting some nanners on her and I think I’m seeing pollen sacs but I’m not sure. Temps in tent avg about 84 when lights on and go down to 75 degrees lights off. There have been a few occasions that it hit 88. I use AN for nutes and I’m growing in pro mix hp (5 gallon) pot. My PH has been 5.9 to 6.4 which I check every time before watering
Bottom line this blueberry plant is just not looking like what I would expect for a plant in week 7 flower. Curious what you think

I have grown Blueberry, Blue Widow, and Blue Cheese, no nanners, no seeds. I heard of Blueberry strains having hermie problems, but not recently.

Edit: How could I forget, Blueberry Kush bagseed too. Still no nanners or seeds.
:goodjob:

i might have just got a bad batch , it put me off though as i do my own seeds and do not need nanners mixing my plans up :)

I do a blue diesel mix , done it couple of times, no problems . blue diesel is my fav strain with fat petes cookies ,
but the full blueberry it wast the strain i needed ,
Blue diesel is a giddy smoke , you will laugh on it , its the one i use for a happy uplift ,

even on the reviews , a guy put
I laughed so hard i was sick and that made me laugh even more, it was terrible :laugh::rofl::laugh:, laughter is the medicine :thumb: so i thought this is for me :ganjamon:

And maybe my runs were dumb luck, lol. There is the question of where that bagseed came from.
I like making my own seeds too, so your point about nanners is well taken. Keep the risk down.

not bad buds either my friend :thumb:

this was 2020 another post , I wouldn't trust unless i had optimal growing room , too fussy

Hey there experienced growers. I’ve run into something that I’ve not seen in my short 3 years of growing. Now I’ve grown some amazing stuff (good quality and quantity) getting over a pound under one led light. The problem I have is I have a blueberry strain that is not producing any trichomes and I’m in week 7 flower. There are some but hardly. I have 2 other plants that are super frosty in the same tent. Just recently it looks like she is getting some nanners on her and I think I’m seeing pollen sacs but I’m not sure. Temps in tent avg about 84 when lights on and go down to 75 degrees lights off. There have been a few occasions that it hit 88. I use AN for nutes and I’m growing in pro mix hp (5 gallon) pot. My PH has been 5.9 to 6.4 which I check every time before watering
Bottom line this blueberry plant is just not looking like what I would expect for a plant in week 7 flower. Curious what you think
Oh wow I hope this is not the case with my seeds , DJ Short blueberry f5 and grape Krush throwback . That would suck . I doubt it , photo period seeds

Oh wow I hope this is not the case with my seeds , DJ Short blueberry f5 and grape Krush throwback . That would suck . I doubt it , photo period seeds
you could be fine , i used a seedbank/breeder at the time and they are not about now ;) maybe just a pop up bank i used with shit genetics, people who threw a bank together for quick cash ,

No brother it’s not Covid , I know when I’ve been exposed to pollen. I just didn’t know how to verbalize it last night . The professor hit a home run with his assessment . 3 of my plants had those yellow “ nanners “ and I plowed right through a bunch of them . There was 2 instances where I must have inhaled a load of the stuff because I went bonkers . I couldn’t breathe last night because my nose was stopped up so bad . Had a tissue in both nostrils.
If you had allergies like I did as a child , you know immediately when you’ve entered muddy waters .
Much better this morning and time to see after the refrigerator
I got a pretty bad reaction when I was processing pollen from a male plant.

Sneezing runny nose itchy throat and a boggie machine happening in my nose and I'm not allergic to anything.

Beathing in pollen like that concentrated and close up.... yup can be a problem.

Some strains burn my eyes when I'm trimming too. I wont be able to focus after a few hours at the trim table - but thats from the terpines. Some of them get me in different ways. The focusing thing is a problem I hafta stop trimming or trim my fingers.

I got a pretty bad reaction when I was processing pollen from a male plant.

Sneezing runny nose itchy throat and a boggie machine happening in my nose and I'm not allergic to anything.

Beathing in pollen like that concentrated and close up.... yup can be a problem.

Some strains burn my eyes when I'm trimming too. I wont be able to focus after a few hours at the trim table - but thats from the terpines. Some of them get me in different ways. The focusing thing is a problem I hafta stop trimming or trim my fingers.
Yep that is exactly what happened to me, felt like I was hit by a Mack truck this morning but as the day went on I started feeling better

Back
Top Bottom