Has anyone seen anything like this before?

sounds like you are on the right track, but why would you ever water an organic grow to heavy runoff??

It was stupid I know... I didn't actually mean to get the amount of runoff that I did and come to think of it most of the runoff came from the pot that has the most damage. It's all coming together now.

and even if you could wash out a majority of active microlife, which would take one heck of a flush, they multiply every couple of hours in a wet container... something else is the matter.

That's what I figured as well but I'm still learning as I go, so what the heck could it be? Thank you for the replies btw.

just looked at the em-1 and saw that it is really just for repair... it is the equivalent of my lactobacillus serum made from milk. The key is in the tea that you have brewing and what colonies of microlife it is going to bring in. No matter how good your brew, Voodoo Juice, URB and my new favorite, freeze dried and cheap RealGrower's recharge is the ticket. Each of them will have specifically cultured families of the correct microlife tuned in and ready to deal with exactly the minerals you have put in your soil. They guarantee to turn around a failing grow in 48 hours. I am using it on my tomatoes outside growing in heavily overused and depleted soil from my grow room. They are doing great!

just looked at the em-1 and saw that it is really just for repair... it is the equivalent of my lactobacillus serum made from milk. The key is in the tea that you have brewing and what colonies of microlife it is going to bring in. No matter how good your brew, Voodoo Juice, URB and my new favorite, freeze dried and cheap RealGrower's recharge is the ticket. Each of them will have specifically cultured families of the correct microlife tuned in and ready to deal with exactly the minerals you have put in your soil. They guarantee to turn around a failing grow in 48 hours. I am using it on my tomatoes outside growing in heavily overused and depleted soil from my grow room. They are doing great!

Alright thank you I'm going to look into that asap. My tea is earthworm castings and of course molasses for food but I may use fish hydro as well. I just want to ask, if this is a phosphorus def, wouldn't it start from a certain spot of the plant and work up or down or can it start anywhere? This problem doesn't seem to discriminate, it starts wherever. Also, yes em-1 is essentially lab with a few other beneficial things mixed in.

I also forgot to ask, should I leave the damaged leaves as they are or prune? The heavy damaged one will take a heavy pruning. This damage happened within 2 days.

phosphorus is one of the 4 main mobile deficiencies. Mobile simply means that the plant has the ability to store it and then draw on it later when the new growth demands it. That is what is happening right now, and you have used up all of the available P in the soil and it was stored in leaves all over the plant. Since what it now needs is not coming in, it is being drawn from the storehouses.
The tea that you are brewing with EWC and liquid fish is going to be very nitrogen specific. The microbes that thrive will be those that feed on the nutrients in the mix, all others will not thrive... including those that specialize in phosphorus. To brew a tea that does what you need, use EWC as a good base of a great number of different varieties of microbes, and then add a food that you are wanting to feed to the plants. Those microbes will thrive, others will not. High P bat guano, rock phosphate, azomite... all good things to add in to feed those beasties.... and then I would throw in oyster shell or bone meal to also develop calcium loving micro workhorses...
Get one of the products... maybe one of them will sponsor us. It makes this whole thing a lot easier.

do not prune, or guess what will happen? the new growth still needs P... let these already targeted leaves give all of their stored goodness back to the plant. The plant will remove them when it is ready. Also, since your goal is to repair this before going to much more into flower... wouldn't it be a good idea to leave your canaries in the coal mine so you can tell if you have fixed it or it continues to get worse? There is nothing as rewarding as learning to read the plants, see a problem developing and then see that you successfully stopped it from progressing, with even half damaged leaves holding on and contributing right to the end. Wear those leaves with pride my friend... they came with a lesson.

do not prune, or guess what will happen? the new growth still needs P... let these already targeted leaves give all of their stored goodness back to the plant. The plant will remove them when it is ready. Also, since your goal is to repair this before going to flower... wouldn't it be a good idea to leave your canaries in the coal mine so you can tell if you have fixed it or it continues to get worse? There is nothing as rewarding as learning to read the plants, see a problem developing and then see that you successfully stopped it from progressing, with even half damaged leaves holding on and contributing right to the end. Wear those leaves with pride my friend... they came with a lesson.

Understood, thank you again for the help, very much appreciated. Definitely a lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom