Has anyone used these LED lights?

junglebuds

Just wondering if anyone has used these lights or if anyone could tell me what they think. I am growing and flowering 4-6 plants in a 4 x 4 x 6' room and was thinking 4 of these. I can't use anything larger than a 400W HPS or MH because of limited ventilation.

150W LED Grow Light Flower VEG Switch Reflector Increase Yields Grow Lamp Panel

Thanks for your feedback

I was looking for something a little cheaper to start (cause I can get one at a time of the others) but now that I have been reading about LEDs all day I think I will just stick it out with my 400W HPS until I can save the bucks for a good LED.

Another question, I see lots (like the majority) of LED lights have only 3W LED's, I have an aquarium LED light on my reef that is 130W (Radion XR30w | EcoTech Marine) and it has a few 5W LEDs in with the 3W ones, and I have seen LED grow lights that combine up to 10W LEDs in with the 3W ones. Would it be better to have a (just for example) 150W fixture made up of 50, 3W LEDs, 30 5W LEDs, or 15 10W LED's? Or does it not mater the wattage of each individual LED just the wattage of all of the LEDs as a whole?

Thank you so much for the help! And I am definitely considering that diamond series 300W.

I have a 90 solid state LED that uses 5 watt leds. No fans. I got it for a small veg cab.
Worked great vegging 3 plants. I ended up having to flower them in there with the LED.
It would probably work well with one plant. They have little popcorn buds but I don't
think the 90 is enough to finish. Going to add a couple of CFLs to help.
led41.jpg
led25.jpg

These were taken a few days ago after giving them a hair cut.

I would follow JJ's suggestion. The diamond series is a better way to go for plant growth.

For reef and aquarium lighting there are some times that you would want to use 5 or even 10 watt leds for penetration in tall tanks (55 tall or the 250 gallon and above). The higher wattage diodes work well for penetration and overall light output but I haven't seen a reasoning for them in horticulture lighting as of yet. I will admit that I have not gone above 25 watt single diodes in a cluster for testing other than testing 2 single 50 watt diodes for a single plant each (it didn't work as well as I thought it would).

As for the difference in plant and aquarium lighting, it is mainly in the spectra used. Water plants (and fish) do not get a large amount of red light due to water diffusion. Land plants get a lot more red and use it more efficiently than water based plants.

Hi I hope I'm allowed to suggest something that isn't Advanced LED? Although I have to say that their / your lights look very sound to me ..
I find a lot of people do get very confused when making their first move into LEDs and whilst suggesting a specific light is a great answer, it may help to have some general advice on what to look out for so they don't buy an inferior, low producing light as their first buy.

As a grower of 15 years + and avid LED convert, I find it very disheartening when STILL people come on other forums that I mod on etc saying "LEDs dont work: here look I borrowed this light and these were the sad results" (although maybe this is more of a European trend) and the LED in question is a 1 watt panel red/blue mix etc ...

We should concentrate our efforts on helping people grow with LEDs rather than making statements like "our light is the best" (which is another reason I have great respect for Advanced LED) to avoid this happening ..
Peace and I look forward to enjoying more of this forum .. real glad I discovered it it looks great. thank you google search!

I personally suggest that brand because they have a great customer service rep., a good return policy, and have had many proven results in grows.

There are a few things about that link of yours. First, it's a company trying to sell a product. While the general information is good there are some items that aren't 100% true. Helixeon is not a quality manufacturer of chips. They are a newer cheap version of Prolight. Most people that was using Prolight changed to Helixeon because they are cheaper in the same design package. There are currently only 2 companies (that I know of) putting actual Cree chips in their products and Advance is one of those. (Cree recently just sued 2 companies for claiming they used their chips and not having any.) Any easy way to tell is look at the chips, newer high quality chips from Cree, Phillips, Osram, etc are nearly all SMD. If you can see the anode and cathode of the chip it's most likely from a cheap supplier or an older less efficient model. Having a high bin doesn't make the chip the highest quality either. The properties change from bin to bin and a very large majority of the time suppliers do not even give you the option of choosing what bin you get or they will give you a +-3 bin range. I have actually order the lowest bin a few times to get a better dominant wavelength that I was looking for.

Here is something to think about ...... LED light is all the same quality ! If they are 1watt or 3watt LED'S the light quality is the same, now does a 3watt produce more light ( one on one YES ! ) by using a couple of 1watt LED's can out produce a 3watt ... and the quality of the light is the same!
This information was given to me form one of the owners of a very large California LED company. They have the equipment most companys do not have for measuring light and light waves. Remember heat is the hardest thing on LED's , this is why they use fans to help keep the heat sinks cool.

Just food for thought. :peace:

I'm not sure what you are trying to refer to as "quality" of light. The photon flux of a 1 watt led is no-where close to that of a 3 watt led. Is the wavelength the same? That depends on the manufacturer, but even if they are, the penetration of a 3 watt LED will be greater than a 1 watt led.

If you truly know the owner of Bridgelux or LED Engin (the only 2 Cali based LED manufacturers), please send me a PM as I have been having issues getting in contact with both of these companies in the past few months and never did receive the new UV samples from LED Engin that they promised.

Yes ... You are correct. One3 watt will out perform one 1 watt as far as amount of light and lumen flux, but a couple more 1 watts can cost less and by using a few more can out produce a 3 watt, and by having more LED's it will also cover a larger area for the bucks. You are right though, a single 3 watt will produce more flux and light than a single 1 watt. Flux is the ingredient of light that is needed for plant growth, which is a form of radiation.
As far as the light company, Fred was one of the owners and they were doing lighting for Newscast stations, they were building lighting panes for the field to light up interviews and coverage area and so on. But they had all the newest and latest equipment and I was telling you what I was told about Light Quality of LED's. His company was sold and changed hands about three years ago, but part of the contract was he would still work there for three years, that was until the first part of this year.
You are right about flux, but there is also a point where the cost of the LED over runs the advantages. That is the point I was making. Also the more wattage the more heat, but that is headed into another part of trying to produce sun light.

What you are saying is correct. :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom