Hash Hounds Brixperiment with Doc's Kit

This journal I will try to show the progress of giving Doc Bud's High Brix Kit a test run from start to finish.

No need for me to go into the details of the Kit, but It simple terms, it contains a couple bags of things you add in to the soil and a few bottles of liquids for watering and spraying, and that's it. All you need is a bale of Promix HP and some worm castings. I could not fine Promix HP in my area in time so I am using Promix BX (I checked with Doc, and he said it should be OK if I add some perlite) Hopefully it will work, and help others if they can not find the HP.

For kit details and Doc's journals click here; High Brix Q&A With Pictures
and In The Lab and High Brix

I will only be using half of the kit since mine is a small personal grow and that is all that will fit in the room anyway.

I did however mix the whole bale at once. I added 24 qts perlite and 20 lbs worm castings. The soil amendment and start liquid. It is has been cooking about 6 weeks now in 2 37 gal Rubbermaid totes.

Other details;

Sprout and veg with 3 23w cfl's. Using 1/2 gallon pots.

Flower with Digital Greenhouse ballast with 600w HPS. Most likely using 7 gallon grow bags.

Strains, one of each;

G13 Labs - Pineapple Express
Dinafem - Diesel
Sweet Seeds - Mohan Ram
and if she sprouts in the next few days a Dutch Passion - White Widow
Greenhouse Seeds - White Rhino sprouted and is very very week so she won't make the journey.

All the seeds were started direct in soil except the WW which I did the paper towel thing. She already cracked open and is in the soil as we speak.

I used 1/2 gal pots with the kit's soil. Sprinkled on the Root Zone powder and watered with the Transplant liquid. About 1.5 tsp in a 1/2 gal of water. Doc's instructions are for using the kit all at once, so be sure to double check your arithmetic when reducing the quantities for your grow.

The WR sprouted in 3 days and the PE in 4. I have already given up on the WR because she is weak. The PE is doing great as you can see in the upcoming photos. A WW has been planted in the WR place.

The Ds and MR were both no sprouts after a week, so 1 more of each were started and they both sprouted in 3 days.

Last week they were all watered with 4 oz of water. There was a little less than a cup of the mixed transplant water from the original watering left over, so I topped of the jug with another 1/2 gal of water and that is what I used and will use for the next watering). They will only get watered when they look like they need it.

Here is the PE at 10 days
G11_PE_day_10.jpg

PE at 17 days
G11_PE_day_17.jpg

G11_PE_day_17_low.jpg

Ds at 4 days and 11 days
G11_Ds_day_4.jpg

G11_Ds_day_11.jpg

MR at 4 days and 11 days
G11_MR_day_4.jpg

G11_MR_day_11.jpg

WW 0 days
G11_WW_day_0.jpg

WR at 10 days and still looks the same today. I hate to give up on her, but I am growing her sister now and she started out the same, but she is a runt of a plant and should have been replaced. However, the best pot I have smoked this century was a WW that started out the same and grew up to become a legend.
G11_WR_day_10.jpg

Group view notice that WR is still the same
G11_room_view_2.jpg

Doc,

Since mine is a partial kit grow I wanted to get my math correct. I will be using only half a kit at a time.

I mixed the whole bale of soil at once. But lets say I use half and get 4 plants and 2 grows.

Should I mix all the liquids per gallon at once, or just half that I am going to use? I don't wanna mix it all and let half sit for 3 or 4 months do I? Should I be dividing accordingly?

for example; for transplant you mix 1 oz per gl. I mixed 1/2 oz per 1/2 gl to equal the same strength right? Not 1/2 oz per gl which would be diluted?

Sorry if I asked you this before in your journal, but I can't find it. And please forgive me if I ask other questions along the way I may have asked before, but I would like to present a journal that even a newbie would be able to get a good summation of a brix grow if this was the only one they read.

Doc,

Since mine is a partial kit grow I wanted to get my math correct. I will be using only half a kit at a time.

I mixed the whole bale of soil at once. But lets say I use half and get 4 plants and 2 grows.

Should I mix all the liquids per gallon at once, or just half that I am going to use? I don't wanna mix it all and let half sit for 3 or 4 months do I? Should I be dividing accordingly?

for example; for transplant you mix 1 oz per gl. I mixed 1/2 oz per 1/2 gl to equal the same strength right? Not 1/2 oz per gl which would be diluted?

Sorry if I asked you this before in your journal, but I can't find it. And please forgive me if I ask other questions along the way I may have asked before, but I would like to present a journal that even a newbie would be able to get a good summation of a brix grow if this was the only one they read.

Yep, cut everything in half.
1 oz per gallon becomes 1/2 oz per half gallon. The main thing is that you get the right amount of drench/spray on the plants.

So, for 32 sq feet the formula is 1 oz per gallon of Energy. That would be for 6 large plants. For 3 large plants, use 1/2 oz in half a gallon. The main thing is to distrubute that amount equally to each plant.

I usually water 9 or 10 plants at a time, so I mix up 1.5 oz Energy in a gallon and a half. Then, I add 3/4 gallon of that mix to top off each 5 gallon bucket. Each plants gets a gallon, and we're all fed.

I use a quart of spray when I spray, so I just mix up 1 oz of Brix and 32 oz of water. That covers an 8x4 tray with 10 large plants, and a 6x3 tray with 9 large plants.

If you're only growing 4 plants, I'd mix up 1/4 oz of Brix or Stress with 8 oz of water.

I hope this helps.

Curso,

Funny you should ask about the smell. Because it actually smells funny! Like BO. You know when you get a whiff of your own pits and say it's time for a shower, well that's how this Diesel smells. lol

I smoked a sample last night and it is very nice all around pot. Good high and not so devastating that you can't get off the couch.

Actually it only smelled like that for about 5 minutes when I took her out of the flower room for inspection. After she was out of the room about 10 minutes the smell dissipated a bit.

The taste was actually not bad for quick dry. I usually dry testers in the oven with just the pilot light on for a day or two and it is almost always better tasting than the commercial stuff I am shown.

Actually it only smelled like that for about 5 minutes when I took her out of the flower room for inspection. After she was out of the room about 10 minutes the smell dissipated a bit.

The taste was actually not bad for quick dry. I usually dry testers in the oven with just the pilot light on for a day or two and it is almost always better tasting than the commercial stuff I am shown.

I vaped my sour diesel for the first time the other day, man...It was beautiful, lemon & pine, it was the first time I had tasted that off of it. You're really going to like what happens with the kit bro, I am blown away every time I look at my tent's.

I'll call it day 21 update. All the plants are different days old, But I guess I will stick with that

These plants went for 13 days between waterings. They were still not drooping a bit, but the pots were so light I thought they might float away. And I'd rather be a bit early than come home and find them wilting beyond repair.

I hope to have them in the flower room this weekend or next. give them a week or two to get used to the 7 gl grow bags, then on to 12/12

some of these pics were posted earlier, but I want to show the comparisons

Here is Diesel at days 11 18water and 21

day 11
G11_Ds_day_11.jpg

day 18 right before watering
G11_Ds_day_18.jpg

day 21 3 days after watering, notice the pic before the plant is barely to the edge of the pot and the next one they are way over.
G11_Ds_day_21.jpg

Here is the Mohan Ram also at days 11 18 and 21

day 11
G11_MR_day_11.jpg

day 18 right before watering
G11_MR_day_18.jpg

day 21 3 days after watering, again the plants is way over the edge
G11_MR_day_21.jpg

day 21 update (cont)

White Widow day 9, she has some catching up to do
G11_WW_day_9.jpg

Pineapple Express days 17 24 and 27

day 17
G11_PE_day_17.jpg

day 24 right before watering
G11_PE_day_24.jpg

day 27 3 days after watering. 2 days ago I trimmed just one of each of the lower 4 nodes in a spiral way. I have done this before with great results. It really makes the lower ones catch up to the top. I may do the next four if time permits. then hopefully top her.
G11_PE_day_27.jpg

the lowest node, the one that looked the smallest goes first, then the same with the next one up, that sets the pattern and I rotate sides from there. Old High Times tip from way way back.
G11_PE_day_27_cut.jpg

White Rhino runt 28 days old. I am not going to give up on her until I see how her older sister turns out.
G11_WR_day_28.jpg

Sis is way behind the other plants in the flower room 9 weeks 12/12 and there is so much leaf you can barely see any of the tiny buds. Test bud was very mellow body high. She should have been sacrificed to make room for the other 2 plants in the room to spread her wings, but I just thought one day she would take off.
G10_WR_9_wks_flwr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom