Hash Hounds Brixperiment with Doc's Kit

5 1/2 weeks into 12/12

Did a defol to open up the plants. Brix only 6 or 7 on all plants.

Watered with TEA and CATIONIC DRENCH and foliar with Snowstorm.

Doc, that was drench #2 as instructed. ENERGY next watering right?

Picked up a nice 1 qt pressure/pump sprayer at the Dollar General for $4. Works great. Only down side is no nozzle extension, but just pump it up, press the trigger and easy to get under the leafs and all over.

I think the combination of the new SunMaster Deluxe HPS and the drench has made a big improvement.

I still think they are behind my normal maturity for 5 weeks, but they are taking off nicely.

They all smelled like the brix spray except the WW which smelled more like lemony.

The flash is making them look frostier than they really are, but the close ups are better examples.

I'll let you guys be the judges.

Here is the Pineapple Express before defol, --- after defol OOPS, forgot
G11_PE_flwr_5_wks.jpg

and a PE close up top
G11_PE_flwr_5_wks_bud.jpg

Diesel after defol
G11_Ds_flwr_5_wks.jpg

Ds top
G11_Ds_flwr_5_wks_bud.jpg

Mohan Ram after defol
G11_MR_flwr_5_wks.jpg

MR top
G11_MR_flwr_5_wks_bud_b.jpg

MR
G11_MR_flwr_5_wks_bud_c.jpg

White Widow
G11_WW_flwr_5_wks.jpg

WW top
G11_WW_flwr_5_wks_bud_b.jpg

WW
G11_WW_flwr_5_wks_bud_c.jpg

Room view. sorry about the color.
G11_room_view_flwr_5_wks_c.jpg

G11_room_view_flwr_5_wks.jpg

G11_room_view_flwr_5_wks_b.jpg

Wow. Look at the trunks on those chicks.

Ya Doc, it seems even the trunks have fattened up in the last week. They were looking a little lean too.
-------
I'm really liking the grow bags.

The handles make it easy to lift them out of the room to inspect and to check if they need water. And they are usually lighter because they are drying out a bit more. Not to excess, but way easier to lift these 7 gl fabric pots than to lift my old 5gl bucket with moist organic soil.

They need a few holes with grommets for LST wires. On my to do list.

The roots have stopped popping out also. None on the bottom or the sides.
-------
Next watering only water! No Energy.

Doc, they normally get 1 1/2 gal each and have very little runoff.

Should that be sufficient, or do they need a good soaking flush to follow up the Drenches? The next expected watering should be in a few days and that would be week 6 12/12.

Ya Doc, it seems even the trunks have fattened up in the last week. They were looking a little lean too.
-------
I'm really liking the grow bags.

The handles make it easy to lift them out of the room to inspect and to check if they need water. And they are usually lighter because they are drying out a bit more. Not to excess, but way easier to lift these 7 gl fabric pots than to lift my old 5gl bucket with moist organic soil.

They need a few holes with grommets for LST wires. On my to do list.

The roots have stopped popping out also. None on the bottom or the sides.
-------

Doc, they normally get 1 1/2 gal each and have very little runoff.

Should that be sufficient, or do they need a good soaking flush to follow up the Drenches? The next expected watering should be in a few days and that would be week 6 12/12.

I'd soak them. Literally put them in a tub of water and soak 'em.

You fed the cationic drench twice?

I tried not to loose faith when the plants struggled a bit early and kept to the game plan.

My next hurdle will be the wash thing. My friend is very leery about that going off without a hitch.

In a few weeks I'll be asking Doc for one final recap on the wash process.

And an opinion on a lemon and soda or store bought rinse for just a foliar wash the last week

Plants look great Hash!!! I'm happy they came around for you.
As far as the wash vs a spray in the last couple weeks, I would go with the wash hands down. Not even the one I just did, just the double R.O. rinse after the lemon/soda/water makes 1000% difference in the taste. I always like to wash my produce before I eat it...Same is applying, just getting more of the "grime" off with the soda/lemon juice.

Back in the day there was a corporate mexican joint that gave a bunch of people Hep B from not washing green onions. They got sued, closed and a bunch of companies got scared, rightfully so too. A lot of companies used a product that is basically the same thing, we are washing our plants in to kill all the bad stuff off.

At the end of the day we have to remember we are playing with fertilizer and there are plenty of pathogens that can grow in the environment we provide. In my opinion the meds we provide should be as free of any contaminates as possible. Washing helps gets all that sorted out. Plus it just makes the smoke so clean and tasty...

Wash? What do you mean wash, im sorry excuse my level of noob with High Brix lol.

Like Curso said above

Curso;

I don't have a RO water system. Aerated tap water is all I have been using for the grow. I am hoping that will be ok for the rinse.

Back
Top Bottom