Hash Hounds Brixperiment with Doc's Kit

I stumbled upon a nice deal at Big Lots today.

Dynamite Organic for $2 a bottle.

Not sure when I'll use it, but definitely for the veggies in buckets this summer.

I would love to try it in one of the plants in the room, but between high brix and my friend wanting to try BPN, it may be a while before I use it.

Dynamite was bought by Black Gold back in 2009. I'm not sure if they ended up at Big Lots from old stock from another store, or they are now being produced new. I emailed the company to confirm. If it's all that will be available, I will buy a bunch of them for that price, if not and it works well I hope I will be able to by more in the future.

Here is the data from the website. Any opinion Doc?

ORGANIC ALL PURPOSE 10-2-8
THE ONLY OMRI CERTIFIED PLANT FOOD GUARANTEED TO LAST UP TO 3 MONTHS
An OMRI Certified organic plant food with balanced rates of NPK + micros produce more fruits and vegetables, larger blooms, and greener foliage organically.

. Provided 3 Months of Continuous Feeding and Growth
. Contains Essential Micronutrients and Calcium for Optimal Growth
. Contains no sludge or manures, urea nitrogen free
. Available in 1.25 pound bottles

GROW GREEN WITH DYNAMITE ORGANIC AND DELIVER OPTIMAL GROWTH

A blend of various plant and animal meals that are a balance of sugars, starches, carbohydrates, proteins and fats. These meals contain essential natural amino acids, chelated secondary elements, vitamins and enzymes. The all natural ingredients in Dynamite supply the food energy that increases the number of natural microbes found in the soil, as well as provide the basic nutrients needed for plant growth, which improve quality. The slow Microbal release rate of Dynamite promotes excellent efficiency as well as excellent color, density and even growth.

A BETTER PRODUCT FOR GREEN GARDENING

. Contains no sludge or manures, Urea nitrogen free.
. Builds root mass and stress tolerance.
. Minimizes top growth.
. Reduces thatch.
. Enhances disease and water management
. Safe for children and pets.

THE ONLY ADVANCED 3 MONTH ORGANIC CONTINUOUS SLOW-RELEASE PLANT FOOD

. OMRI listed and is allowed under NOP guidelines validating its use in the production of organic crops.
. One easy application lasts up to 3 months. Reduces the need for frequent applications and maximizes fertility efficiency.
. 100% natural and organic homogenized fertilizer - balanced feeding without excessive growth
. Excellent blooming and color on ornamentals
. Improves soil structure and allows oxygen and moisture to penetrate the soil impacting overall water management effectiveness.
. Contains humus as a soil conditioner which improves Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC)
. Improves the structure for tolerance during heat and drought conditions.

6 week check up today. watered with TEA and ENERGY, foliar with BRIX.

All the plants are so close to looking the same it is hard to tell them apart if they weren't marked. Normally I can tell 4 distinct strains apart with no problem.

noticed a bit of something white on the outsides of the pots.

Looked at it with a loop and it actually looked like white fibers. I don't remember rubbing a rag or paper towel over them after we wiped off the roots, but that sure is what it appears to look like.
G11_fabpot_flwr_6_wks.jpg

here is the underside of a small leaf of the Diesel. Normally the undersides of those little tiny leaves are packed with trichomes.
G11_Ds_flwr_6_wks_bud_u.jpg

more Diesel
G11_Ds_flwr_6_wks_bud_c.jpg

G11_Ds_flwr_6_wks_bud_b.jpg

G11_Ds_flwr_6_wks_buds.jpg

G11_Ds_flwr_6_wks.jpg

Mohan Ram
G11_MR_flwr_6_wks_bud_c.jpg

G11_MR_flwr_6_wks_bud_b.jpg

G11_MR_flwr_6_wks_bud_d.jpg

G11_MR_flwr_6_wks.jpg

Pineapple Express
G11_PE_flwr_6_wks_bud_c.jpg

G11_PE_flwr_6_wks_bud_b.jpg

G11_PE_flwr_6_wks_buds.jpg

G11_PE_flwr_6_wks.jpg

White Widow
G11_WW_flwr_6_wks_bud_d.jpg

G11_WW_flwr_6_wks_bud_c.jpg

G11_WW_flwr_6_wks_bud_b.jpg

G11_WW_flwr_6_wks.jpg

If I was your partner I would be super excited, those are beautiful plants dude.

TY Blazin. It isn't that we aren't excited, but we have had plants that were way frostier and thicker buds at this stage.

Two are repeat strains from the same seed batches so that will be a good gauge to compare those buds to the last grow.

I am still confident it will be A+ weed.

TY Blazin. It isn't that we aren't excited, but we have had plants that were way frostier and thicker buds at this stage.

Two are repeat strains from the same seed batches so that will be a good gauge to compare those buds to the last grow.

I am still confident it will be A+ weed.

I hear yea, they still have time to fatten up so let's hope those last weeks are good to them!

And that white stuff you see is probably from the soil activity, if you cook soil in a big bin the part receiving any air does that. I don't think you should have to worry about it on the sides of the smart pots but I'm no expert. Can't wait to see those ladies drying!

Hash those look awesome. They might take a week or two longer, by the looks of things. I may be wrong, but they are looking pretty damn good.

TY Stepp, I am guessing 2 more weeks which happens to coincide with the next full moon. That seems to be when the plants are always the smelliest and stickiest. And it will be 8 1/2 weeks.

I am already seeing a few cloudy and ambers. Just not a lot of them.

nothing exciting going on,

watered today and added the last bit of the Cationic Drench that was left in the bottle.

Diesel
G11_Ds_flwr_7_wks_bud.jpg

Mohan Ram
G11_MR_flwr_7_wks_bud.jpg

Pineapple Express
G11_PE_flwr_7_wks_bud_lst.jpg

G11_PE_flwr_7_wks_bud_lst_cola.jpg

White Widow
G11_WW_flwr_7_wks_bud.jpg

G11_WW_flwr_7_wks_bud_2.jpg

Room
G11_room_view_flwr_7_wks.jpg

G11_room_view_flwr_7_wks_2.jpg

The tris are a lot starting to go milky and a few amber.

I think those are relatively small compared to most of my past grows.

A lot less wasted lower space this time by a shorter veg may be the reason.

7 weeks in and haven't even tried a test bud yet. Maybe next week.

I inspected again yesterday.

very small spot of bud rot on the Mohan Ram at the main cola. To me that signals their end time is near.

picked a test bud of each. Hopefully they will be ready to harvest in a week.

They are all about the same maturity as far as the trichomes, starting to get cloudy with a few ambers.

Brix readings: still can't get them above the 7-8 range.

Damn Hash. Those really filled in last week. I like em. Are you still foliaring with snow storm?

TY Step, yes they have filled in nice. I have used the Snowstorm Ultra once or twice a week the last few weeks and the Brix once a week. As much temptation as there is to experiment, I stuck with the instructions. And the instructions did say SSU was ok.

I still don't see the amount of trichomes Docs' and others kit users plants show on the small leaves, and not as many under the leafs like I normally get. But the core of the buds are nice and frosty.

Those ladies look great hash!!! They had a pretty nice week :high-five:

TY Curso, yes the plants had a good week, but I had a terrible one.

I was thrown out of a golf cart while it spun out of control while it was sliding down a wet hill. I landed on the left side of my face and chest which hit the ground first and hard. OUCH!!! It was a 3 vike night to deal with the pain.

----------
I never lost faith or had my doubts the grow would turn out OK, and I stated that all along. Even though there was a bit of a snag after the transplant, the plants recovered nice and Doc sending me the drench seemed to have a positive impact.
----------
I hope I didn't ever come across like I was complaining about the kit, I just posted results as they happened.

I was quite surprised and hurt when I was referred to as a problem user.

I was a user that had a problem, but I can't figure out how I was a problem user.

No big deal though, I still recommend and respect Doc's methods, his advice and assistance from OC+, Mineralized soil, High Brix to what ever else he has up his sleeve next to anyone who wants easy and effective methods for growing.
----------
The test bud I smoked yesterday was good other than a bit of a harsh taste. So they will definitely get washed.
----------
If the grow turns out to be A+++ as I have been anticipating, I will use the kit again. If not and it is only A+, well I have achieved that level already with other methods, so I will most likely experiment with some BPN or go back to my tried and proven boxed organics and teas.

TY Step, yes they have filled in nice. I have used the Snowstorm Ultra once or twice a week the last few weeks and the Brix once a week. As much temptation as there is to experiment, I stuck with the instructions. And the instructions did say SSU was ok.

I still don't see the amount of trichomes Docs' and others kit users plants show on the small leaves, and not as many under the leafs like I normally get. But the core of the buds are nice and frosty.

TY Curso, yes the plants had a good week, but I had a terrible one.

I was thrown out of a golf cart while it spun out of control while it was sliding down a wet hill. I landed on the left side of my face and chest which hit the ground first and hard. OUCH!!! It was a 3 vike night to deal with the pain.

----------
I never lost faith or had my doubts the grow would turn out OK, and I stated that all along. Even though there was a bit of a snag after the transplant, the plants recovered nice and Doc sending me the drench seemed to have a positive impact.
----------
I hope I didn't ever come across like I was complaining about the kit, I just posted results as they happened.

I was quite surprised and hurt when I was referred to as a problem user.

I was a user that had a problem, but I can't figure out how I was a problem user.

No big deal though, I still recommend and respect Doc's methods, his advice and assistance from OC+, Mineralized soil, High Brix to what ever else he has up his sleeve next to anyone who wants easy and effective methods for growing.
----------
The test bud I smoked yesterday was good other than a bit of a harsh taste. So they will definitely get washed.
----------
If the grow turns out to be A+++ as I have been anticipating, I will use the kit again. If not and it is only A+, well I have achieved that level already with other methods, so I will most likely experiment with some BPN or go back to my tried and proven boxed organics and teas.

I certainly meant no harm or insult in any way when I mentioned 'problem users." You are a great grower who had a problem using my kit. You're not a problem!

When the soil didn't cook, nothing worked right. The next kit is free....as long as you cook the damn soil.

Back
Top Bottom