Hash Hounds Nirvana Super Skunk & Papaya in Soil

wonderwill,

I am not comparing OC+ to DMred. They are both in there together.
If I were to grow 4 of the same plants, then I might use them sepereate for a comparison. Since the room is mixed strains, I opted to mix them. And from the growth I am getting, they seem to work well together.

You can check page one to see the soils and other additives in the mix.

TY for tagging along.

H-Squared -- Gotcha; I will indeed start at page 1 and catch-up.
I'm soooooo glad for this type on 'informational annex' that this site offers.
Soon I'll be brave enough to start posting my story, but first I need a bit more success at the basics.
So far my patients have been pleased beyond their expectations but upper-arm sized colas are far off in my future I fear.

But, with the highest of hopes (heee, heee) and still the best of intentions,
IAm

Plants are doing fine. Just wanna show a few pics. Lots of trichomes, but they still have a lot of fattening up to do.
I am surprised at how much lower bud their is doing good even though they don't receive much light. We have removed very few leaves so far. Only ones 50% or more dead.

Kandy Kush we LSTed last week
Kandy_Kush_10_wks_LST.jpg

White Widow LSTed 2 wks ago
White_Widow_10_wks_LST.jpg

Vanilla Kush
Vanilla_Kush_10_wks.jpg

Super Skunk
Super_Skunk_11_wks.jpg

Papaya
Papaya_11_wks.jpg

Papaya top
Papaya_11_wks_top.jpg

I finally got over here and I'm glad I made the trip! Looking great HH :thumb:

My friend found 2 stink bugs on the Papaya and they were to fast for him and dove into the main cola. We inspected the plants later but didnt find any.

Also, found that the tip of the Kandy Kush got broken when we did the LST to her. Looks like it might have triggered hermie but I'm not sure yet. Unless it was gonna hermie anyway. It was fem seed.
Not sure if we will yank it or not.
If it is stress induced hermie the seeds will be female seeds I think? maybe? anyone?

Hi Hash Hound, first off, beautiful girls.:thumb:

When I saw Papaya, I had to come in. Been wanting to see another one, mine is a clone from a collective. My "Patty" is LST'd but the flowers are so much different than yours in color and look. Since yours are from seed, it makes me wonder again if I really have a Papaya. If you get a chance, come by for a look.

13 weeks from seed for the Papaya and Super Skunk, 12 for the Vanilla Kush, White Widow and Kandy Kush. So I am guessing i am like 8 weeks in actual flowering since it was about week 5 when they really started to bud.

Forgot the cam today. Will post some pics next time.

Plants looking good. Buds getting fat and frosty. Snow Storm Ultra kicking in nice. Picked just a few leaves today, It's hard to pick leaves that are so vibrant and healthy just for the sake of picking leaves.

Hardly any smell at all in the room. I thought since we went with soil instead of hempy, plus having a skunk in there, the odor would be more of a problem. I guess that is a good thing. The Super Skunk might be the least smelling of the bunch when you stick your nose in there, or touch her. Go figure.

Bought a nice little 40x microscope that I saw Jorge use in one of his cannabis cup judging videos. It works real nice. Active Eye Microscope

Checked on the ladies today. The health of these plants keeps amazing me. The Papaya or Super Skunk needed this room all to them selves they are so big. Although the over crowding doesn't really seem to bother them by the shape they are in. I have to show these ladies off again.

here is the Papaya
Papaya_13_Wks_R.jpg

Papaya_13_Wks_R_c.jpg

And the Super Skunk
Super_Skunk_13_wks_R.jpg

Super_Skunk_13_wks_R_b.jpg

Super_Skunk_13_wks_R_c.jpg

Super Skunk tip top
Super_Skunk_13_wks_R_t.jpg

The White Widow, reminds me of a Basil plant
White_Widow_12_wks_R_a.jpg

White_Widow_12_wks_R_b.jpg

Kandy Kush
Kandy_Kush_12_wks_R.jpg

Vanilla Kush
Vanilla_Kush_12wks_R_a.jpg

Vanilla_Kush_12wks_R_b.jpg

Vanilla_Kush_12wks_R_c.jpg

Vanilla_Kush_12wks_R_d.jpg

Papaya on the left Vanilla Kush on the right
Papaya_VK.jpg

Room view
Room_view_13_wks.jpg

Jar of last grow Northern Light ready to roll
Northern_Lights_ready.jpg

Also, found that the tip of the Kandy Kush got broken when we did the LST to her. Looks like it might have triggered hermie but I'm not sure yet. Unless it was gonna hermie anyway. It was fem seed.
Not sure if we will yank it or not.
If it is stress induced hermie the seeds will be female seeds I think? maybe? anyone?

This interests me because fem seeds that are marketed today as feminized are a good way to cover tainted hermie stock, and sell it for more. True females that seed either through stress or force leads to a scary f1 for "turns hermie, easy" that's why a feminized brand needs to come from real female clones that were tested not to go hermie unless you really try.

Then most of the time a hermie seeds itself. This is garbage. A fem that goes male needs to at least to hit a female clone that usually won't hermie, cutting the chances of f1 of that hermie easy trait to 1/4. Then I would grow out as many as the seeds as possible and sex female. These seeds should all be fem if the pollen came from a true female.

The idea would be to quality check the seeds to make sure you get gems that's don't go male but today's seeds sold are not even doing this in their programs.

So the point would be... Get regular seeds, find females and be happy you don't have no freaks in your garden. If it hermied you should get rid of it. Or at least don't grow it again. I consider the practice of propagating hermies, offensive.

Also I love the shine of the fan leaves in this grow, hps for sure...

McCrackin

Upon further inspection, I don't think it is a hermie after all. I did a little research on the strain and saw a pic that looks sort of like mine.
Just tiny little leaves on the top that looked like pods at first, but aren't.

My last grow was regular seed Northern Lights. Out of 5 seeds I had 3 males and a hermie, so I ended up with only 1 female. This time I have 5 females from the fem seeds.

Wow HH that's a full room of beautiful plants :thumb:

I'm really starting to love these papaya's they're gorgeous... which plant would you say is your current fav or looking the best?

Great job :bravo:

Well Bluedog,
Not sure if I have a fave, but ever since I started doing research into bank bought seeds and I read the Papaya description as "The buzz from Papaya is relaxing, lethargic, and almost narcotic." I have been dying to try it. It is definitely the biggest and probably going to yield the most of the 5 that are in the room. It also has the nicest smell after touching it.
The most impressive is the Vanilla Kush, very sticky and frosty. I was about to write it off as dead and now it is one huge bud. The stalk is as thick as a broom handle.
And unfortunately the Kandy Kush and White Widow were thrown in hastily and sharing one pot and will not be able to give their full potential. But if the smoke impresses me, then I will know weather or not to grow them again. I have clones of both going. I had written them off as dead also. Patience patience.
Now for the Super Skunk, although it is just a tad smaller than the Papaya, it hardly has any smell at all. This is a good thing since the house doesn't reek, but sort of disappointing.

HH great report, do you know if pineapple chunk is Barney's Farm's Papaya? Someone else told me that, I looked at the genetics and it was hard to tell. Lots of time the seed banks call the same strain different names. I'm putting it at the top of my list with aurora indica.

That Vanilla Kush does look awesome it makes the papaya bud look tiny lol.

I know what you mean about the smell, for stealth I don't want much but I still want some really stanky buds :tokin:

Barneys does make a pinnapple chunk, but these are what i'm growing. The Papaya and Super Skunk are from Nirvana (direct). The Vanilla Kush is Barneys (from the tude), 2 freebies are the Kandy Kush -Reserva Privada, and White Widow -Dutch Passion.

Back
Top Bottom